{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Has he gone yet ? YES

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Has he gone yet ?

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:08 pm

The One wrote:
Johnny H wrote:I am told JD has a clause in his contact where it is reviewed every six months, that deadline is imminent (Yes I know he has been in place longer than 6 months but the review date is VERY close....i.e...nearly 6 months till last game of season)
If this is true, a decision will be made very soon and IF the decision is to relieve him of his duties I imagine it could save the club a hell of a lot of money in severance pay etc !!!

This sounds plausible

It’s one of the few that really makes sense for club and rookie manager. It must be up in the next few weeks.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:16 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
The One wrote:
Johnny H wrote:I am told JD has a clause in his contact where it is reviewed every six months, that deadline is imminent (Yes I know he has been in place longer than 6 months but the review date is VERY close....i.e...nearly 6 months till last game of season)
If this is true, a decision will be made very soon and IF the decision is to relieve him of his duties I imagine it could save the club a hell of a lot of money in severance pay etc !!!

This sounds plausible

It’s one of the few that really makes sense for club and rookie manager. It must be up in the next few weeks.

I feel JD telling Chad he had 2 games ? It may be sooner.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:29 pm

Carolyn has broken her silence with a quote on Instagram : if you don’t like where you are, move. You are not a tree.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bluenyellow » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:41 pm

Is carolyns quote,if you dont like it dont come ?
Doc said i needed a pacemaker,so ive now got a flippin kenyan 2 yds in front of me everywhere i go.
bluenyellow
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Jamie » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:44 pm

If he only has a few weeks left on this '6 month contract' then sacking him now wouldn't result in lots of severance pay at all. We could put him on leave for the couple of weeks and it costs us just that - a few weeks money.

It sounds plausible but not sacking him now, especially if this is true is just ridiculous. Why let him keep failing when it would cost so little to fix (or try to).
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:52 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Carolyn has broken her silence with a quote on Instagram : if you don’t like where you are, move. You are not a tree.

Well, she is an arborist
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:53 pm

Not necessarily JAmie. It could be a 2 year contract with a break clause after 6 months. That’s different from a 6 month contract.

Ie you terminate after 6 months but if you terminate before you are on the hook for the whole thing.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby NorthLondonStag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:56 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Carolyn has broken her silence with a quote on Instagram : if you don’t like where you are, move. You are not a tree.

Well, she is an arborist

Im fed up with these silly cryptic messages (CR not Edders)
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:59 pm

The One wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
The One wrote:

This sounds plausible

I feel JD telling Chad he had 2 games ? It may be sooner.

If this is true, it makes sense. I manage commercial contracts at work and have recently novated one team to a new contract (because they were good), and on another I am having to run two contracts concurrently as a 'handover' period, so when my break clause comes round I can close down the contract I'm not happy with.

Is this good contract management from the club, or should they have paid him a higher wage and reduced his severance entitlement if he underperformed, that way we could have binned him off yonks ago.

Either way, we need him out the door asap.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:01 pm

Is that one across or ten down in The Times crossword
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:03 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:Not necessarily JAmie. It could be a 2 year contract with a break clause after 6 months. That’s different from a 6 month contract.

Ie you terminate after 6 months but if you terminate before you are on the hook for the whole thing.

Each contact is unique, but this is correct for ones I've been involved with with break clauses. Especially for leases and work packages and such like.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:06 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:A bit of a radical thought but could this be the board standing up to player power?

It would appear that most of the senior players want to see the back of Mr Dempster and are taking action to get him removed. If the board are aware of this (is it possible they couldn't be?) are they making the point that they are in charge and not the players. If that is the case, we either need a big influx of players in January or to get ready for non league football again as standards are dropping so quickly that I'm beginning to think we could well be bottom.

Or showing the fans who is in charge :cry: :cry:

Showing the fans ‘who’s in charge’ by not making the obvious and correct decision would be dumb though wouldn’t it.

See carolyns post ,might not be so daft
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:07 pm

Who is the quote meant for JD or the supporters who want him out.

If she is challenging supporters to stay away if they don't like what they see she is playing a very dangerous game.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:12 pm

SHE'S IN CLOUD CUCKOO LAND !!!
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:21 pm

oldweststander wrote:

If she is challenging supporters to stay away if they don't like what they see she is playing a very dangerous game.

Could easily be aimed at Steve Hymas after his comments yesterday.

The use of the word you is very clear and directly towards an individual.

Might not even be stags related in fairness.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:22 pm

oldweststander wrote:

Maybe she just wants JR to buy her another house.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:23 pm

oldweststander wrote:

Dangerous and expensive
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:25 pm

Another Instagram post that she's since deleted
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:29 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Another Instagram post that she's since deleted

Does she like a drink?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:35 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:Not necessarily JAmie. It could be a 2 year contract with a break clause after 6 months. That’s different from a 6 month contract.

Each contact is unique, but this is correct for ones I've been involved with with break clauses. Especially for leases and work packages and such like.

Gardening leave wouldnt be the sack... he can remain employed till the clause date. Obviously we dont know the details but whatever the cost (it wont be that bad either way) there really is no excuse for not putting everyone out of their misery (Demps included).
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:54 pm

Jamie wrote:

Gardening leave wouldnt be the sack... he can remain employed till the clause date. Obviously we dont know the details but whatever the cost (it wont be that bad either way) there really is no excuse for not putting everyone out of their misery (Demps included).

Jamie

That’s wrong I’m afraid. Gardening leave is requiring the employee to remain at home (or in the ‘garden’) during the contractual notice period that applies after a termination. It’s used when you sack someone but you don’t want them to turn up for work or work for someone else during the contractual notice period.

It’s not used to tell an employee not to turn up to work.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby MOTG » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:59 pm

The One wrote:
oldweststander wrote:

Dangerous and expensive

Some trees can be moved though
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby The One » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:59 pm

MOTG wrote:
The One wrote:
oldweststander wrote:

Dangerous and expensive

Some trees can be moved though

They pine for a move
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:03 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Another Instagram post that she's since deleted

I don't think that we should read anything into that post, because that post might not have been Stags related. Carolyn has many other interests.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:13 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Jamie

That’s wrong I’m afraid. Gardening leave is requiring the employee to remain at home (or in the ‘garden’) during the contractual notice period that applies after a termination. It’s used when you sack someone but you don’t want them to turn up for work or work for someone else during the contractual notice period.

It’s not used to tell an employee not to turn up to work.

You can call it what you like (your right about the definition of gardening leave) the fact remains with weeks to go on until a break clause you can make something work. The decision can be made at anytime not to renew. I would assume any additional time or option beyond the 6 months is to protect the club - like you do with an option on a player contract... there is no way sacking him now would cost anymore than the remaining time until the next renewal. Under normal circumstances anyway, obviously we dont know the detail of if any of this is true.

Hes failing. The gamble didnt work. He needs to go and obviously paying what hes legally owed. Even if that's a years wages I've sooner ship 2 players next month to cover it than keep him and finish 19th with a squad capable of so much more.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum