{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Has he gone yet ? YES

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Has he gone yet ?

Postby spanishstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:35 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:So when are we finally going to get the news from the “in the knows”?

Well this thread is 26 pages long ,so by the time it happens he will be ready for his pension :lol:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:49 pm

The One wrote:
MOTG wrote:
The One wrote:
oldweststander wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Carolyn has broken her silence with a quote on Instagram : if you don’t like where you are, move. You are not a tree.

Who is the quote meant for JD or the supporters who want him out.

If she is challenging supporters to stay away if they don't like what they see she is playing a very dangerous game.

Dangerous and expensive

Some trees can be moved though

They pine for a move

Plenty of dead wood at the club at the moment..not least Mary Poppins, Gullible Glover and the Faith Healer.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:27 pm

NG17_stag wrote:Just looking at Flitcroft’s form in 2019, which ultimately got him sacked from his duties.

He won 9 out of 23 games.

Dempster has won 7 out of 26 in all competitions (or 5 out of 19 in the league).

Why does the better record get Flitcroft sacked but not Dempster?

You're for it now :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:54 pm

To paraphrase HRH The Queen, it seems that 2019 has been OUR “annus horibilis”
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:05 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:To paraphrase HRH The Queen, it seems that 2019 has been OUR “annus horibilis”

Then andrew said ,mum ive got something to tell you
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:06 pm

adamstag wrote:I think there’s a fine line between booing a bad performance and personal abuse where fans go OTT.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with booing a bad performance after a game, nor is anyone who does it a moron or below the average IQ (which some on here seem to humorously allude to :lol: ) however, not everyone is the same and if some wish to sit in silence and be satisfied with something below par then good for you and fair enough.

Hopefully, by some miracle they actually manage to not lose on Saturday and we can actually have something positive for once to speak about.

It's quite possible to sit in silence and not be satisfied. If we're Ross Dyer I sit in silence and come the whistle just walk out and say nowt. There are more ways of showing dissatisfaction than booing.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:20 pm

Spiritater wrote:
adamstag wrote:I think there’s a fine line between booing a bad performance and personal abuse where fans go OTT.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with booing a bad performance after a game, nor is anyone who does it a moron or below the average IQ (which some on here seem to humorously allude to :lol: ) however, not everyone is the same and if some wish to sit in silence and be satisfied with something below par then good for you and fair enough.

Hopefully, by some miracle they actually manage to not lose on Saturday and we can actually have something positive for once to speak about.

It's quite possible to sit in silence and not be satisfied. If we're Ross Dyer I sit in silence and come the whistle just walk out and say nowt. There are more ways of showing dissatisfaction than booing.

Of course there are pal.

It’s just me stating that folk seem to claim those that boo are in the wrong, when actually why are they?

My point is if the performance is crap and you choose not to boo then fair enough good for you and you shouldn’t get criticised.

My point is there seems to be those that boo who get demonised when those that don’t boo don’t get demonised when in essence you could be attempting to make the same point
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:47 pm

adamstag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Of course there are pal.

It’s just me stating that folk seem to claim those that boo are in the wrong, when actually why are they?

My point is if the performance is crap and you choose not to boo then fair enough good for you and you shouldn’t get criticised.

My point is there seems to be those that boo who get demonised when those that don’t boo don’t get demonised when in essence you could be attempting to make the same point

I agree with this. I respect the people who choose not to boo. We’d all rather not boo. I don’t have time for the self-righteous lot who give it the moral big ‘un because they wont under any circumstance boo and they think that makes them a super fan.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:29 pm

WVStag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Of course there are pal.

I agree with this. I respect the people who choose not to boo. We’d all rather not boo. I don’t have time for the self-righteous lot who give it the moral big ‘un because they wont under any circumstance boo and they think that makes them a super fan.

Booing, in itself, isn’t a problem - a professional footballer needs to be able to cope with that.
It is (IMO) poor practice to boo the team before a ball is kicked.

Abuse is quite a different thing. There’s no place for that.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby NG17_stag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:42 pm

Dan wrote:
NG17_stag wrote:Just looking at Flitcroft’s form in 2019, which ultimately got him sacked from his duties.

Dempster has won 7 out of 26 in all competitions (or 5 out of 19 in the league).

This post wasn’t in any way backing Dempster, I’d just like to make that clear.
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:50 pm

NG17_stag wrote:
Dan wrote:

This post wasn’t in any way backing Dempster, I’d just like to make that clear.

The difference between the 2 is that flitcroft got found out when he had no plan B vs Swindon over Xmas last Xmas.

Dempster got found out as he doesn’t have a plan A
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:16 pm

According to them programme notes he’s not going anywhere very soon. Interesting that JR commented that it would cost him a seven figure sum to make a change. Can’t blame him really if he doesn’t want to be put that much of his own money up.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:22 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:According to them programme notes he’s not going anywhere very soon. Interesting that JR commented that it would cost him a seven figure sum to make a change. Can’t blame him really if he doesn’t want to be put that much of his own money up.

I'm sure we could have a whip round on here given how much it seems to be ruining folks lives :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:32 pm

Sounds like they've done themselves over on the contracts again. You would think the Chairman and the best CEO would have learned after all the expensive crocks Evans lumbered us with.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:44 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Sounds like they've done themselves over on the contracts again. You would think the Chairman and the best CEO would have learned after all the expensive crocks Evans lumbered us with.

Not necessarily. Remember any new manager wants his own backroom team. So that would probably mean Glover, the Faith Healer and one or two others would need to be paid off, as well as JD.

And then you’ve got to bring a load of people in. That might involve paying compensation to their clubs and agents fees and what have you.

It’s not a cheap business changing manager. Seems simple to us but we ain’t paying.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby gavinbrookes » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:00 pm

I think JR's mention of it costing him a near 7-figure sum to change things is telling and is probably the most important part of his statement today.

It helps to put things into perspective but, at the same time, renders his snap decision to appoint a rookie in the summer seem all the more ludicrous! Good intentions he may have, and I believe he does, but JR has made some very questionable decisions as chairman, none more so than appointing JD knowing that he wouldn't be able to afford to change things if the gamble didn't pay off.

I hope we win today and JD can turn things around but fear that the statement today will make post match anger even worse if we are beaten.
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Vice President » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:32 pm

[quote="MTFCMusings"]Sounds like they've done themselves over on the contracts again. You would think the Chairman and the best CEO would have learned after all the expensive crocks Evans lumbered us with.[/quote

I thought we had appointed a lawyer on the Board (I can't remember his name - Broughton?) who would add value and protect against this kind of thing?
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:52 pm

gavinbrookes wrote:I think JR's mention of it costing him a near 7-figure sum to change things is telling and is probably the most important part of his statement today.

It helps to put things into perspective but, at the same time, renders his snap decision to appoint a rookie in the summer seem all the more ludicrous! Good intentions he may have, and I believe he does, but JR has made some very questionable decisions as chairman, none more so than appointing JD knowing that he wouldn't be able to afford to change things if the gamble didn't pay off.

I hope we win today and JD can turn things around but fear that the statement today will make post match anger even worse if we are beaten.

What he should have done of course is say to JD that he could have a 1 year contract, but that would it was terminable at Christmas if the team were below half way.

JD might have gone for that if he had confidence in his abilities and he wanted the chance.

It’s funny how managers have really long contracts when most of us probably have 3 month notice periods and you don’t get a transfer fee for a manager.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Sneag » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:05 pm

45 minutes to save his job.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:35 pm

Sneag wrote:45 minutes to save his job.

They won't sack him untill were bottom
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby yellas-derek-yellas » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:55 am

NorthLondonStag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Sounds like they've done themselves over on the contracts again. You would think the Chairman and the best CEO would have learned after all the expensive crocks Evans lumbered us with.

Not necessarily. Remember any new manager wants his own backroom team. So that would probably mean Glover, the Faith Healer and one or two others would need to be paid off, as well as JD.

And then you’ve got to bring a load of people in. That might involve paying compensation to their clubs and agents fees and what have you.

It’s not a cheap business changing manager. Seems simple to us but we ain’t paying.

Radford has messed up and he needs to put it right, whatever the price. We are going in the wrong direction and are only 6 points away from relegation.
yellas-derek-yellas
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:58 am

yellas-derek-yellas wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:

Radford has messed up and he needs to put it right, whatever the price. We are going in the wrong direction and are only 6 points away from relegation.

Yes but don't forget Derek there is a school of thought on here that however bad we get or are that there's no chance of us being the one to go down for some reason. We can't win, get attempts at goal or compete and that scares the life out of me whether or not Morecambe and Stevenage are poor too
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:05 am

Has Ben Bradley gone yet too? He's way worse than John Dempster.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:07 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:Has Ben Bradley gone yet too? He's way worse than John Dempster.

ill wager he will probably still be around tomorrow. Same as dempster !
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:29 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:Has Ben Bradley gone yet too? He's way worse than John Dempster.

I think he will be staying too.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum