{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

FGR scorefred sponsored by 3 on the bounce?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: FGR scorefred sponsored by 3 on the bounce?

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:06 am

MTFCMusings wrote:....not sure we deserved a point but we'll take it!

We definitely did not deserve a point Sam :lol: We should have been dead and buried at half time and definitely by 62 minutes.

Nobody can claim Forest Green Rovers were defying the statistics yesterday. One of the best teams I've seen in League 2 this season (for 62 minutes). If they had had James Norwood, Christian Doidge or Reuben Reid up front then they might have romped it.
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:16 am

BH_Stag wrote:In terms of individual performances I thought it was one of Bish’s worst games in a stags shirt, his pass completion must have been around 25%. CJ poor and Tomlinson also, but thought Pearce, Khan, and obviously Cook did their jobs well.

I agree about Neal Bishop BH. I thought our midfield was very poor in the 1st half including Otis Khan. Neal Bishop and Will Tomlinson looked slow on the ball or tracking back in midfield and we probably missed the hustle and bustle of Alex MacDonald who can zip about a bit quicker. Carl Winchester and Ebou Adams dominated in centre midfield and won the ball back easily. Ebou Adams was my MOM for FGR although the sponsors gave it to Carl Winchester.

Great to see Otis Khan get another assist but I did not think he had a good game. His only real contribution was the cross for Andy Cook's goal. He does not make enough impact on games and only seems happy playing on the left. However 2 assists in 2 games is making progress in the right direction.

Conrad Logan was our Man of the Match with four great saves followed by Andy Cook and Krystian Pearce. I'd probably go for Conor Shaughnessy as the best of our midfield players as he did try and pass the ball although he got caught in possession a few times.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:41 am

Something must have gone in for them to change what performance round - though stats obviously don’t show the whole picture that first half seemed dire - especially with what folk were saying also.

Interesting to see what happens with andy cook now though, he’s obviously given himself a big chance for Tuesday.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:23 am

MOTG wrote:I think it will be a tough game and I would be more than satisfied for Stags to come away with a point . However that’s not to say that we are more than capable of coming away with all three points .
A safe journey and enjoyable day to all Players, staff and our away supporters ! COYS !!

A good point at FGR. Especially coming back from 2 goals behind. Well done lads !
Let’s keep this run going .
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Big yella » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:54 am

MTFCMusings wrote:To be fair to JD, Cook said himself in his interview that he isn't match fit. That doesn't excuse not starting Dapo or Knowles or Sterling and playing 4-4-2 though.

Beep Beep Beep
“This truck is reversing “
Beep Beep Beep
Beep Beep Beep
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:48 am

Bishop made 18 accurate passes 58% of 31 total passes
9 long balls. 2 were accurate. 1 Key pass, and only made 28 touches all game.

V oldham
63 accurate passes. 90% success rate of 70 passes made.
3 long balls. 2 accurate. 3 Key passes. 83 Touches.

All data from Fotmob.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:35 am

Big yella wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:To be fair to JD, Cook said himself in his interview that he isn't match fit. That doesn't excuse not starting Dapo or Knowles or Sterling and playing 4-4-2 though.

Beep Beep Beep
Beep Beep Beep
Beep Beep Beep

What are you on about now?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:04 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Bishop made 18 accurate passes 58% of 31 total passes
9 long balls. 2 were accurate. 1 Key pass, and only made 28 touches all game.

V oldham
63 accurate passes. 90% success rate of 70 passes made.
3 long balls. 2 accurate. 3 Key passes. 83 Touches.

All data from Fotmob.

So has Bish just got to be rubbish in a week, or was the opposition just a lot better than last week.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:45 pm

Don’t forget that he had a full half of uncontested possession against Oldham. Most of those passes went side to side.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:40 pm

The Forest Green Possession Stats which demonstrate that the Forest Green pairing of Ebou Adams and Carl Winchester dominated the game. Our best midfield player for passing was Conor Shaughnessy with Mal Benning making the most passes but Kellan Gordon being more accurate. Great pass down the line by Mal to Otis Khan for the first goal.

Number of Passes, ( ) = Accurate Passes

Forest Green Rovers
Ebou Adams 56(40) 71%
Carl Winchester 53(45) 85%
Liam Kitching 53(30) 57%
Joseph Mill 40(33) 83%
Liam Shepherd 40(29) 73%
Farrend Rawson 40(19) 48%
Jack Aitchison 34(29) 85%
Dominic Bernard 34(26) 76%
Aaron Collins 26(18) 69%

Mansfield Town
Mal Benning 46(34) 74%
Conor Shaughnessy 43(28) 65%
Matt Preston 39(27) 69%
Neal Bishop 31(18) 58%
Kellan Gordon 30(24) 80%
Krystian Perace 29(20) 69%
Otis Khan 19(14) 74%
Nicky Maynard 19(11) 58%
Will Tomlinson 16(12) 75%
CJ Hamilton 13(6) 46%
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:31 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:....not sure we deserved a point but we'll take it!

We definitely did not deserve a point Sam :lol: We should have been dead and buried at half time and definitely by 62 minutes.

Nobody can claim Forest Green Rovers were defying the statistics yesterday. One of the best teams I've seen in League 2 this season (for 62 minutes). If they had had James Norwood, Christian Doidge or Reuben Reid up front then they might have romped it.

we stayed in the game, conrad pulled off saves. then cooky cuda won it. course we deserved a point. t'game's 90 mins not 60.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:31 pm

It was Daylight Robbery 'Tater but I was glad to take a point. Another three tomorrow would be nice.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum