{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

George Foster

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

George Foster

Postby oldweststander » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:31 pm

George was at yesterday's game, left with 10 mins to go with another chap.

Anyone know who he scouts for these days?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Re: George Foster

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:39 pm

Swansea, I think.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby oldweststander » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:44 pm

That's what Wikipedia says but I think it unlikely he would be scouting Stags v Oldham if he was still at Swansea.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:58 pm

He left Swansea in 2018. I'm not sure where he is now.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:01 pm

Paul Cox and Jimmy McCaffrey were there yesterday as well. Jimmy said he was hoping the Stags were doing it the opposite way round this season....starting slowly but finishing well at the end of the season.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:27 pm

I saw George Foster at 2 home games last season. Think he's there fairly regularly.

It was nice to see Kevin Bird having a chat with Sandy Pate pre-match too. Great that so many legends are still associated with the club.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:12 pm

I would find that a bit uneasy if I was the manager and so many ex stags were in the stands.
Or maybe dempster invited them to assess the game and wanted input.
Or maybe Radford asked them to come and give input.

I would pay for a pint with sandy pate and Kevin bird, if I was able to speak in their presence..
If George foster came and interrupted, it would be an honour and I'd go and mumble with paul Cox :D

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:30 am

Paul Cox looked well! He's lost some rate weight.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:57 am

chip63 wrote:
I would pay for a pint with sandy pate and Kevin bird, if I was able to speak in their presence..
If George foster came and interrupted, it would be an honour and I'd go and mumble with paul Cox :D

Echo this completely....Sandy Pate crossed the road in front of me on Saturday with some of his friends on the way to the match and I was so in awe of the great man I missed the lights changing ......really special seeing him looking so well.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:16 am

chip63 wrote:I would find that a bit uneasy if I was the manager and so many ex stags were in the stands.

I've got to know Birdy and his wife over the last few seasons and unfortunately Kev is in a bad way with his memory, he won't remember this Saturdays match but can tell you more or less every minute from his time playing so some good stories to listen too.
As for Sandy, sat with him and his family not so long ago and couldn't understand a word he said with the still broad Scottish accent, he'd also had a few lol.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:36 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
chip63 wrote:I would find that a bit uneasy if I was the manager and so many ex stags were in the stands.

I've got to know Birdy and his wife over the last few seasons and unfortunately Kev is in a bad way with his memory, he won't remember this Saturdays match but can tell you more or less every minute from his time playing so some good stories to listen too.
As for Sandy, sat with him and his family not so long ago and couldn't understand a word he said with the still broad Scottish accent, he'd also had a few lol.

When I left a previous company in 2013 a mutual friend arranged for Jim McCaffrey to unexpectedly come to my leaving do.....I was 56 for gods sake and still in awe of the guy I saw for the first time in 71. He invited me to join him and some friends on one of their train trips to Field Mill but for logistical reasons I couldn't make the day they were going.....I wonder if he was part of the group on Saturday crossing the road with Sandy Pate?
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Marco van Sherpa » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:44 am

Whenever I see George at youth team games, he's monitoring young players on behalf of Derby County FC
WITH A ROCKSTEADY BEAT
Marco van Sherpa
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:23 am

Marco van Sherpa wrote:Whenever I see George at youth team games, he's monitoring young players on behalf of Derby County FC

Yes I see him a lot at Forest U23 games too. I sang his song to him at Alfreton a few months ago which emptied the press room... :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:36 pm

Saw him last night at the Prozac watching the U23's Sheff Utd v Forest match. Also there was another Stags legend, Jack Lester ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:54 pm

Dan wrote:Saw him last night at the Prozac watching the U23's Sheff Utd v Forest match. Also there was another Stags legend, Jack Lester ;)

:lol: Agent Lester one of my all time fav managers never to have managed us :lol:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:09 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
Dan wrote:Saw him last night at the Prozac watching the U23's Sheff Utd v Forest match. Also there was another Stags legend, Jack Lester ;)

:lol: Agent Lester one of my all time fav managers never to have managed us :lol:

up there with the greatest managers ever to tread the hallowed FM turf.

Smith
Cox
Morris

but Jack was special as the job he did 2 years ago was so good and affected me so much i nearly died

Laughing :rofl: :hysteria: :rofl:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum