{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

THE66POW Blog: Stags v Crewe - EFL Trophy

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

THE66POW Blog: Stags v Crewe - EFL Trophy

Postby Marco van Sherpa » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:49 am

Blog link:
https://the66pow.blogspot.com/2019/10/m ... dra-1.html
About:
Tuesday 8th October 2019
Leasing.com EFL Trophy - Northern Group E
Mansfield Town (1) 1
Jimmy Knowles 18
Crewe Alexandra (1) 1
Oli Finney 45
Attendance: 800 (inc. 39 away fans)
Crewe won the bonus point penalty shoot out 3-4
WITH A ROCKSTEADY BEAT
Marco van Sherpa
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: THE66POW Blog: Stags v Crewe - EFL Trophy

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:13 am

Always looked forward to these and do still enjoy reading them but like some of Martins reports they are becoming JDs publicity machine, in my humble opinion of course.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:22 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:Always looked forward to these and do still enjoy reading them but like some of Martins reports they are becoming JDs publicity machine, in my humble opinion of course.

Or alternatively a representation of the views of people who look at the situation objectively. That doesn't mean we are happy with the situation the club is in but can see the reasons for it and see a way forward for progress to be made.

No one wants promotion more than I do but I don't think that sacking Mr Dempster at this point of the season is the answer. We won't go up if we start again now and what happens when the next man doesn't get instant success? Save the new manager money and if we are close in January spend it on a couple of decent midfielders. If not save it for a new man next season.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Marco van Sherpa » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:43 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:Always looked forward to these and do still enjoy reading them but like some of Martins reports they are becoming JDs publicity machine, in my humble opinion of course.

Thanks for your input pal.
Each to their own innit!?
I genuinely just call things as I see them, but everyone else is entitled to their own point of view... the world would be a boring place if everybody agreed about everything.
We all only get involved in debate, discussions and even arguments, because we care so much... too much at times, possibly.
I try to keep my narrative and angles as objective as is humanly possible, but I'm not a proper writer; just some semi-literate guy who does a blog about my passion for all (well most) things football related.
Enjoy your football Woodclanger 1
:coys:
WITH A ROCKSTEADY BEAT
Marco van Sherpa
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:40 am

Marco van Sherpa wrote:

I genuinely just call things as I see them, but everyone else is entitled to their own point of view... the world would be a boring place if everybody agreed about everything.
We all only get involved in debate, discussions and even arguments, because we care so much... too much at times, possibly.
I try to keep my narrative and angles as objective as is humanly possible, but I'm not a proper writer; just some semi-literate guy who does a blog about my passion for all (well most) things football related.

Fair dos lad and of course you are right, we all seem to see things differently.

Your last point is pertinent as I'm not enjoying it, are you?

I find JD unimaginative and thoroughly negative. It's a slight step up from Murray's 8 at the back mentality in my opinion.

As with Murray's "let them off the leash" comment (which he never did) it will be interesting Saturday after JDs "we'll be going full throttle" comment. (Isnt that a minimum requirement anyway)

Let's hope Saturday 5pm the throttle cable hadn't snapped.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:04 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:

Or alternatively a representation of the views of people who look at the situation objectively. That doesn't mean we are happy with the situation the club is in but can see the reasons for it and see a way forward for progress to be made.

No one wants promotion more than I do but I don't think that sacking Mr Dempster at this point of the season is the answer. We won't go up if we start again now and what happens when the next man doesn't get instant success? Save the new manager money and if we are close in January spend it on a couple of decent midfielders. If not save it for a new man next season.

Both are my thoughts exactly and personally I think there's may more of us out here. We just choose to not rant and rave at every opportunity.
I also think some of the ravanous trolls that frequent these pages should reflect on what's being said on mental health day. Scathing personal critisism can only harm and demotivate our players. It doesn't matter how matcho they a expected to act they are talented ( granted some more than others) individual people who need, and should be able to expect, our support. This also applied to tge manager and backroom staff
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Marco van Sherpa » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:26 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Marco van Sherpa wrote:

Fair dos lad and of course you are right, we all seem to see things differently.

I find JD unimaginative and thoroughly negative. It's a slight step up from Murray's 8 at the back mentality in my opinion.

As with Murray's "let them off the leash" comment (which he never did) it will be interesting Saturday after JDs "we'll be going full throttle" comment. (Isnt that a minimum requirement anyway)

Granted, there is a big difference between being philosophical about things and actually enjoying them.
That said, it would be hard not to enjoy a 96th minute winning goal on an away day to Grimsby, or not to find some degree of satisfaction from how the clubs youngsters linked up against Crewe, with several sublime passes and almost telepathic interplay between them... and of course, Jimmy Knowles confident finish to bag his first goal for the Stags, was a great moment to savour.
Over the years, I've concluded that I get far too emotionally involved during games, to ever fully enjoy them, so perhaps that was a bad choice of words on my part.
Here's to far more positives than negatives and a big step forward (at the very least) tomorrow.
I'll bring a spare throttle cable with me just in case ;)
WITH A ROCKSTEADY BEAT
Marco van Sherpa
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:01 pm

Marco van Sherpa wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Marco van Sherpa wrote:

Granted, there is a big difference between being philosophical about things and actually enjoying them.
That said, it would be hard not to enjoy a 96th minute winning goal on an away day to Grimsby, or not to find some degree of satisfaction from how the clubs youngsters linked up against Crewe, with several sublime passes and almost telepathic interplay between them... and of course, Jimmy Knowles confident finish to bag his first goal for the Stags, was a great moment to savour.
Over the years, I've concluded that I get far too emotionally involved during games, to ever fully enjoy them, so perhaps that was a bad choice of words on my part.
Here's to far more positives than negatives and a big step forward (at the very least) tomorrow.
I'll bring a spare throttle cable with me just in case ;)

But is that cable to make them go faster or literally 'throttle' them with?
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum