{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Nottingham Forest School Visits

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Nottingham Forest School Visits

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:19 pm

Same posters will be moaning the same time next year when forest do the exact same thing with there cheap little hats but wont bother to even research the work our FITC do as it would be counter productive to there moaning about how tin pot the stags are compared to these massive non league teams in derbyshire and notts and that world famous team who won a european cup double back before anyone had even heard of a sega megadrive and unification of east and west germany.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:44 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:Same posters will be moaning the same time next year when forest do the exact same thing with there cheap little hats but wont bother to even research the work our FITC do as it would be counter productive to there moaning about how tin pot the stags are compared to these massive non league teams in derbyshire and notts and that world famous team who won a european cup double back before anyone had even heard of a sega megadrive and unification of east and west germany.

This post needed punctuation.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:05 pm

Random Hero wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:Same posters will be moaning the same time next year when forest do the exact same thing with there cheap little hats but wont bother to even research the work our FITC do as it would be counter productive to there moaning about how tin pot the stags are compared to these massive non league teams in derbyshire and notts and that world famous team who won a european cup double back before anyone had even heard of a sega megadrive and unification of east and west germany.

This post needed punctuation.

Punctuation aside MTFCMAD's comments are suggesting posters (myself included) are saying that we are tin pot compared to Florist, Clownty and can only assume the non league team in Derbyshire is Alfreton as they are the most relevant these days.

Either way do some research the cry. Ok fair point, so I have looked at the Mansfield FITC Twitter feed for school visits since the new school year.

Residence within Abbey Primary (Forest Town) and Wyndale Primary (Mansfield) that is fantastic i can't deny that but thats only two schools. What about getting the message out to the wider catchment area? So where else have they been?

Wainwright Primary Academy (Mansfield)
Farmilo Primary School (Pleasley)

Whilst a quick look on the Florist Twitter feed shows a full on roadshow throughout the county.

Will I be "moaning" this time next year because Notts Florist have visited my sons school in the Mansfield catchment again. Yes I will when it should be stags doing so.

Is it because we're tin pot as MFTCMAD suggests? Far from it.

I'll moan because I care passionately about the future of our club and where the next generation of stags fans are going to come from.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags_Community » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:29 pm

Just to follow up on what we said before.... to those saying that we've only visited two schools.... WRONG! :lol:

Since the start of the Academic Year we've been into seven Primary Schools and seen upwards of a thousand youngsters, and will be visiting even more after the October break! The examples of Wyndale and Abbey will be far more prominent on social media because we're there every single day! See below for a few examples.... (Also to predict the comparison between our seven and Forest's 15 - you have to bare in mind they have a wider area to reach, which in turn brings more project funding and a much larger staff rosta!)

We work tirelessly (and have done for the past 30 years) on engaging with young people across the area (as well as balancing that out with activities for Adults, focusing on areas such as Mental Health & Dementia Care). Yet again we'll be doing the same with a range of events during half-term - feel free to check them out here http://mansfieldtownfitc.net/events/

Give us a follow on social media to see more of what we do & maybe help us out a little by sharing our content / coming along to our activities!

:coys:
Stags_Community
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:33 pm

I think this all started because of my post to a Stags group on Facebook. I live in Beeston in notts, so well within the forest "catchment area" and I just enquired if stags did something similar in Mansfield. We've had tickets to go see Notts County last season (didn't go, stags were at home and wouldn't have gone anyway). However if forest gave out free tickets for an adult and child and stags were away I'd take our kid. Free entry to a championship game? I'll take that.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby DazMondo » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:20 pm

Around the 2013/14 period, a close friend of my wife worked in the Forest admin. She told me that at that time just under 4000 season ticket holders had NG17 to NG21 postcodes and it was part of a prolonged marketing plan that had been in progress for years.

She left Forest to work at Aston Villa, which is near to her own town, Witton.
Why do the two football teams I support always let me down.
DazMondo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum