{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Crewe scorefred sponsered by who cares

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Crewe scorefred sponsered by who cares

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:50 pm

Think that’s 5 shootouts we’ve lost in a row now?
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Number63 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:50 pm

Penalties and crosses to be added to the list of things to work on.
Not much matches Mansfield
Number63
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Old timer » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:51 pm

And corners and free kicks and not getting people sent off....

Who's going to Burton?
Old timer
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:53 pm

played us off the park

midfield shocking
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spainmick » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:54 pm

Logan's fault
spainmick
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby nigegray » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:55 pm

my god we must be the worst penalty taking team on the planet.
nigegray
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Old timer » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:02 pm

I seem to remember that Dagenham in our last game of the football league that I attended, that they had a player come on who had paid to play a game for for them. He came on as a sub near the end.

May I suggest that for penalty shootouts we have a similar system whereby a fan could play £100 and come on and have a go. Couldn't be any worse and would add a bit of interest to the inevitable.
Old timer
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby NG17_stag » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:07 pm

36% possession to their 64%.
8 shots to their 14.
We’re at home for Christ sake. Yep, we’ve certainly “turned a corner”.
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:09 pm

Olejnik did fairly well on his return.

If it was Logan then most would say he should have done more to stop the goal appeared to not jump and just put his hands in the air to try and stop it. If it took a deflection it was a very slight one.

Also there was a point where he parried it wide where he perhaps could have caught it, I've seen logan slammed on here for doing exactly what Olejnik did. There was a point where Olejnik appeared to start coming out to collect a cross and decided against it, again logan has been slammed for somerhibg similar.

I wonder how many people will be all over Bobby for those? Personally I'm not too fussed, the goal perhaps could have done better but logan is allowed mistakes and so is Bobby.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:15 pm

Logan is crap in comparrison to Bobby
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:26 pm

None of this matters much. Saturday’s match does.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:29 pm

Is there anything this club is actually good at :lol:

Penalty shoot outs are a bit like when we get cornered may as well pass the ball to the opposition keeper and just get on with it.

How do we fail so miserably at like everything?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:31 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Logan is crap in comparrison to Bobby

But Bobby made logan-esqe mistakes. How can someone constantly criticise Logan for 1 mistake and then not criticise another keeper for making the same mistake?

I agree that Bobby is the better keeper but that shouldn't mean Conrad is vilified for a mistake and Bobby can make as many as he wants. Why only support one over the other? Why not support whoever is in goal? Why do peoe have to have a good player who they like and every other player in the same position is automatically awful?

You know, as much as I do, that if that was conrad in goal tonight doing exactly the same as Bobby his thread would be 3 pages longer than before the game.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:33 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Olejnik did fairly well on his return.

If it was Logan then most would say he should have done more to stop the goal appeared to not jump and just put his hands in the air to try and stop it. If it took a deflection it was a very slight one.

Also there was a point where he parried it wide where he perhaps could have caught it, I've seen logan slammed on here for doing exactly what Olejnik did. There was a point where Olejnik appeared to start coming out to collect a cross and decided against it, again logan has been slammed for somerhibg similar.

I wonder how many people will be all over Bobby for those? Personally I'm not too fussed, the goal perhaps could have done better but logan is allowed mistakes and so is Bobby.

You're correct Gazza and I feel it would be hypocritical of me to not say he was at fault for the goal and should've done better in the other situation you mention. However, at least he has a damn good excuse.

He did get the ball moving quicker from the back (sometimes to quick) for sure.

Alistair Smith played four very nice passes, two of which put CJ and Knowles through on goal. He did some sloppy things as well but it was nice to see a midfielder who could pass a ball. Tomlinson barely touched it.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:35 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Olejnik did fairly well on his return.

You're correct Gazza and I feel it would be hypocritical of me to not say he was at fault for the goal and should've done better in the other situation you mention. However, at least he has a damn good excuse.

He did get the ball moving quicker from the back (sometimes to quick) for sure.

Alistair Smith played four very nice passes, two of which put CJ and Knowles through on goal. He did some sloppy things as well but it was nice to see a midfielder who could pass a ball. Tomlinson barely touched it.

I don't get Tomlinson at all, a lot ranted and raved about him being amazing last season but he wasnt that good apart from Exeter away. This season I don't see what the fuss is about, he's still young and can improve but I'd have Smith in midfield over Tomlinson from what I've seen.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:40 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Nobody moved for it. Really weird. Crossed straight into the roof of net. Bizzare

Goalkeeper error I'm afraid.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:41 pm

our manager just stood like a statue again for 90 mins, Mellis goes down Artell is out there directing his players, geeing them up shouting encouragement, the bloke just doesn’t show anything, it’s so frustrating
& to push CJ up top with zero confidence when we had bloody Maynard sat twiddling his thumbs on the bench just beggars belief
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:43 pm

Bobby did ok but I'm still not sure how the goal went in. Their player shot/crossed almost from the goaline about 10yards from the goal and it looked like the ball had gone into the side netting near to Bobby's hands. The next thing the ball was in the net, almost as though it had gone through the side netting and the linesman was flagging for a corner. The ref consulted and then gave the goal.

I think it must have hit Bobby's hand and deflected in, either that or the shot beat him on the post but it rippled along the top of the net just inside the post. The video should show it up but it was pretty bizarre whatever happened.

Tomlinson didn't have too bad a game but Smith hardly had a touch and was too slow when he did. Shaughnessy got turned far too easily on quite a number of occasions and I thought he had a poor game.

Knowles was the pick of the forwards and always looked lively. He took his goal extremely well but was feeding on scraps for most of the time. Cook won lots in the air but the ref was constantly blowing for fouls by both sides. Aflolayan looked a real prospect and most of the decent work in midfield came through him.

Overall not a game to remember but it can't be easy lifting your game in front of such a small crowd.
Last edited by Sandy Pate Best Stag on Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:43 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:our manager just stood like a statue again for 90 mins, Mellis goes down Artell is out there directing his players, geeing them up shouting encouragement, the bloke just doesn’t show anything, it’s so frustrating
& to push CJ up top with zero confidence when we had bloody Maynard sat twiddling his thumbs on the bench just beggars belief

Maybe he didn't wanna risk Maynard in a pointless game.

If he'd have come on and got injured, you would be moaning about why he'd been played in a nothing match :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:46 pm

As for tomlinson, there's a good player in there. Like CJ just isn't showing it as often. The only thing I can think of that he's done well with this season is that cross for Rose's exquisite volley against Carlisle. He's been average the rest of the time. Still rate him but he's not pushing hard enough for a league start at the moment.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:50 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Bobby did ok but I'm still not sure how the goal went in. Their player shot/crossed almost from the goaline about 10yards from the goal and it looked like the ball had gone into the side netting near to Bobby's hands. The next thing the ball was in the net, almost as though it had gone through the side netting and the linesman was flagging for a corner. The ref consulted and then gave the goal.

I think it must have hit Bobby's hand and deflected in, either that or the shot beat him on the post but it rippled along the top of the net just inside the post. The video should show it up but it was pretty bizarre whatever happened.

Tomlinson didn't have too bad a game but Smith hardly had a touch and was too slow when he did. Shaughnessy got turned far too easily on quite a number of occasions and I thought he had a poor game.

Knowles was the pick of the forwards and always looked lively. He took his goal extremely well but was feeding on scraps for most of the time. Cook won lots in the air but the ref was constantly blowing for fouls by both sides. Aflolayan looked a real prospect and most of the decent work in midfield came through him.

Overall not a game to remember but it can't be easy lifting your game in front of such a small crowd.

Sandy, are you sure you were facing the pitch when watching tonight? Some of those opinions are baffling.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:51 pm

Smithy tonight Oh my Lord youth, it was a night to forget

chased shadows all night, said it from pre season week in week out, our bloody midfield is not good enough by a country mile
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:53 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:Smithy tonight Oh my Lord youth, it was a night to forget

chased shadows all night, said it from pre season week in week out, our bloody midfield is not good enough by a country mile

And he was still our best passer of the ball....
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:54 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Bobby did ok but I'm still not sure how the goal went in. Their player shot/crossed almost from the goaline about 10yards from the goal and it looked like the ball had gone into the side netting near to Bobby's hands. The next thing the ball was in the net, almost as though it had gone through the side netting and the linesman was flagging for a corner. The ref consulted and then gave the goal.

Sandy, are you sure you were facing the pitch when watching tonight? Some of those opinions are baffling.

Positive and I was sober too. Did you go? And we're you watching all of the game?
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:55 pm

So far to me Cook looks just a poor version of Rheady
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager