{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Lost mojo

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Lost mojo

Postby Never easy » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:04 pm

As things stand it’s completely flat . Dempster no doubt is trying his best but it’s not happening, is he turning into an unlucky maager? Same poor excuse at press conferences, it was supposed to have turned after the vale draw !!! I’m going to get stick but already made arrangements for next home game and won’t be there , my mojo is lost !! Something has to change .. results or manager ( my money on the latter hopefully). Yours disappointingly
Never easy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Lost mojo

Postby Stoney » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:10 pm

I don't think you will get stick at all, nearly everybody feels the same. I'm going to Grimsby but I'm not excited about it. I looked forward to going the most games for the last few seasons, the buzz has gone.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:12 pm

I get what you’re saying. I’ve been going for 50 yrs and it’s been grim at times. I like JD as a man and he’s been a good pro for us. I spoke to him in Portugal and we all wish him well and I would never boo or abuse anyone at the club but this season I just haven’t enjoyed one game. Port vale was a bit better but I’m torn whether to go to Grimsby. It’s not cheap going to games and every Saturday evening I just feel flat. Hope things improve before hundreds of folk start to drift away . COYS
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby The One » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:13 pm

Been saying this since pre season.. no mojo buzz. The Portugal trip was waste time money and effort. Only good thing from that was Maynard signing.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:45 pm

The One wrote:Been saying this since pre season.. no mojo buzz. The Portugal trip was waste time money and effort. Only good thing from that was Maynard signing.

As one of the original dissenters alongside yourself it's been interesting to see the groundswell of movers to our early stated views from the ranks of "give him time" (absolute silence there now).

I love this club and have done since my first match in December 67 against Scunthorpe and, although I had a long time away, coming back three years ago rekindled everything. I've got to say though that this managerial appointment. ....the rubbish pre season with not one win mainly against U23 sides....the 2 wins from 11 in the League with mainly rubbish performances and the way the atmosphere has disappeared from that of the last two seasons is breaking my heart.

Will someone please do something before its too late.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby victor A block » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:08 pm

I doubt any of us want to boycott games . Given results don't seem to be causing much concern at board level with the corner well and truly turned , you do wonder whether plummeting crowds would ?
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:11 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
The One wrote:Been saying this since pre season.. no mojo buzz. The Portugal trip was waste time money and effort. Only good thing from that was Maynard signing.

As one of the original dissenters alongside yourself it's been interesting to see the groundswell of movers to our early stated views from the ranks of "give him time" (absolute silence there now).

I love this club and have done since my first match in December 67 against Scunthorpe and, although I had a long time away, coming back three years ago rekindled everything. I've got to say though that this managerial appointment. ....the rubbish pre season with not one win mainly against U23 sides....the 2 wins from 11 in the League with mainly rubbish performances and the way the atmosphere has disappeared from that of the last two seasons is breaking my heart.

You can tell you missed the conference years.....this is nothing compared to the first three years down there and dont let me get started on haslams final 4 season.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:20 pm

victor A block wrote:I doubt any of us want to boycott games . Given results don't seem to be causing much concern at board level with the corner well and truly turned , you do wonder whether plummeting crowds would ?

Dont mind fans not turning up because they cant justify spending there money while were not doing well. But to suggest (not saying you are Victor AB but some other users have sorry to use your post to air my opinion) boycotting the club hitting it financially to try and force through a management change is IMO truly disrespectful to everyone whos put hard work into MTFC.

Boycotts are for your Haslams, Stewart Days even your Dave Allens of this world.

Not a manager whos trying his hardest to turn things around and a chairman who put in millions to get this club out of non league and into its best shape for over 25 years.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:06 pm

Last season’s capitulation was a bitter pill to swallow, and I felt that we were in for a tough year after our failure in the play offs. This situation cannot continue and with every game we are falling away from safety. Putting JD in as manager was a massive gamble and it has failed. These players let us down in May and are clearly not good enough. They lack a killer instinct and an ability to battle when the odds are against you.
The Radfords will surely not standby and watch the club unravel for much longer?
All the good work is being compromised by this horrendous run of results. This slump needs addressing and quickly.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:25 pm

london amber stag wrote:Last season’s capitulation was a bitter pill to swallow, and I felt that we were in for a tough year after our failure in the play offs. This situation cannot continue and with every game we are falling away from safety. Putting JD in as manager was a massive gamble and it has failed. These players let us down in May and are clearly not good enough. They lack a killer instinct and an ability to battle when the odds are against you.
The Radfords will surely not standby and watch the club unravel for much longer?
All the good work is being compromised by this horrendous run of results. This slump needs addressing and quickly.

One thing’s for sure - SOMETHING NEEDS TO CHANGE.
Either:
An urgent upturn in results, or
A replacement for JD
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:01 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:

I think you will find we won 4 of seven PSFs.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:29 pm

Ive lost my mojo more times than i have found it ,thats why i support stags nobody said we would win
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:16 pm

spanishstag wrote:Ive lost my mojo more times than i have found it ,thats why i support stags nobody said we would win

OLE !!!!!!
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Never easy » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:34 pm

Yes but it’s a bit easier to take when your not paying to watch this mediocrity. And your watching Jeff stelling !!’
Never easy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:30 am

Totally agree with this post it's becoming a chore/bore to make the effort to watch the Stags. Its stopped being enjoyable n with the change of weather Saturday afternoon is going to be a cold damp event.

With the above after 45 years following the Stags I think it's time to take stock of the money spent going to matches n make a decision of finding something else to do with my time.

Dempster needs to be reinstated back to the youth team before the crowds return to 2500 level
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:51 am

Dunno bout Mojo yo, we just keep losin though
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:20 am

I'll keep going. I support my club though good and bad, ok it's not great atm, but stop going through choice never.
I was there through the utter dross of our first 3 bsp years, this is utopia compared to that.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:38 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:

Tbf none of us really know what's happening behind the scenes. JR could be doing nothing at present & holding out, but likewise he could be quietly conducting his search in the background. If it's the latter then personally i'd rather hope we take our time finding the right fit, rather than rush into whoever comes along
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby nick_stags » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:36 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:

So you basically didn't support the club during one of it toughest periods in history and then came back when JR starting upping the budget and it looked like we would be competing for promotion? And now things aren't going exactly to plan you keep throwing your toys out of the pram like a spoilt, entitled child.

Superfan.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:04 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
victor A block wrote:I doubt any of us want to boycott games . Given results don't seem to be causing much concern at board level with the corner well and truly turned , you do wonder whether plummeting crowds would ?

Dont mind fans not turning up because they cant justify spending there money while were not doing well. But to suggest (not saying you are Victor AB but some other users have sorry to use your post to air my opinion) boycotting the club hitting it financially to try and force through a management change is IMO truly disrespectful to everyone whos put hard work into MTFC.

Boycotts are for your Haslams, Stewart Days even your Dave Allens of this world.

Not a manager whos trying his hardest to turn things around and a chairman who put in millions to get this club out of non league and into its best shape for over 25 years.

I'm not suggesting it and I wouldn't . I'm just wondering if the board would be more concerned with attendances dropping than lack of points, as 2 wins and a cup KO appear to be acceptable. We all know we have a hardcore support of between 2500 to 3000 . It's the ones attracted since that will be the first to fall away .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:08 pm

nick_stags wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

So you basically didn't support the club during one of it toughest periods in history and then came back when JR starting upping the budget and it looked like we would be competing for promotion? And now things aren't going exactly to plan you keep throwing your toys out of the pram like a spoilt, entitled child.

Superfan.

Actually I lived overseas for 20 years and when I came back I'd already become interested in another sport for 16/17 years as a season ticket holder but hey sorry for having an opinion Nick which is shared by plenty more fans than me who've watched for a lot longer than I have.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stoney » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:20 pm

I went through all the seasons of non league. I travelled to places like Histon (on a Tuesday night!), Kettering, Altrincham, Barrow etc. and at times it was horrendous.

For some reason I feel nearly as low and not excited now as them horrible times. I can't really explain why but I am just guessing it's the huge hangover from last season mixed in with the fear we might do the unthinkable and go back to non league. With a sprinkle of awful football every week for good measure.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:22 pm

i just don’t understand why the board haven’t acted !

it’s not working, sort it
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:41 pm

Stoney wrote:I went through all the seasons of non league. I travelled to places like Histon (on a Tuesday night!), Kettering, Altrincham, Barrow etc. and at times it was horrendous.

For some reason I feel nearly as low and not excited now as them horrible times. I can't really explain why but I am just guessing it's the huge hangover from last season mixed in with the fear we might do the unthinkable and go back to non league. With a sprinkle of awful football every week for good measure.

Its like the McEwan era
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:56 pm

It's so different to the McEwan era in terms of quality but there comes the problem. Ever since Evans walked through the door we have been told we are going to win the league. To now be sat in 19th after spending so much and being promised to much is what has caused the flat feeling.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum