{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dempster press conference Tues 1 Oct

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Dempster press conference Tues 1 Oct

Postby spanishstag » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:24 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Why is everybody so critical of his interviews ,he,s boring he,s uninspiring ,blah blah bloody blah its like most of the posts i see from the same posters day in day out on here
they have not come up with a solution yet

Actually we (the posters ) have Spanish but he's still here so we have to put up with the boring press conferences because the club won't do anything.

So what are they ,or more importantly who do they involve
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:32 pm

Look i get the sense of failure ,and i can understand the anger but whats on offer or who
Plus who,s going to make the decision ,he is our manager
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:33 pm

spanishstag wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Why is everybody so critical of his interviews ,he,s boring he,s uninspiring ,blah blah bloody blah its like most of the posts i see from the same posters day in day out on here

Actually we (the posters ) have Spanish but he's still here so we have to put up with the boring press conferences because the club won't do anything.

My solution would be to get Darrell Clarke in.

Give him this season as a freebie as Dempster has ruined it. And let Clarke build toward a promotion push next season. I'd set some parameters of success and hold a board meeting about the lessons learnt from this debacle.

In the interim I'd review all the club's practices and ensure that all board members are united behind a single aim to ensure Hymas and his agendas don't impact first team dealings ever again.

That's what I'd do Spanish.

That's my solution.

So your solution involves paying untold amount of compensation for an under contract manager ,you stumping up

Ok, replace Clarke with an out of work manager. Solution still stands.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:41 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

Give him this season as a freebie as Dempster has ruined it. And let Clarke build toward a promotion push next season. I'd set some parameters of success and hold a board meeting about the lessons learnt from this debacle.

In the interim I'd review all the club's practices and ensure that all board members are united behind a single aim to ensure Hymas and his agendas don't impact first team dealings ever again.

That's my solution.

So your solution involves paying untold amount of compensation for an under contract manager ,you stumping up

Ok, replace Clarke with an out of work manager. Solution still stands.

Like nolan ,who the last time i saw was on football focus looking increasingly like a poor mans gascoigne
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:49 pm

There are no guarantees with any appointments Spanish. You'll always find a risk or a compromise.

However Dempster is an abject failure and deserves sacking. He's atrocious. Should never have been appointed. Hymas also wants hanging out for his obvious meddling in matters beyond his limited ability.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:49 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

That's my solution.

Firstly you don't know what the terms of his contract are. Despite making a decision most of us view to be wrong I don't believe JR would have pledged untold monies and compensation to a rookie untried manager.

Secondly compared to the loss of revenue being a Conference rather than League 1 club I think it's a price worth paying yes.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:53 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:

That's my solution.

What happens if next season we've got a new man and after 12 games we aren't where we should be? Just do it again? Appointing Darrell Clarke does not guarantee success and I don't get why people think it seems to be nailed on promotion if he's our manager
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:54 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

That's my solution.

Firstly you don't know what the terms of his contract are. Despite making a decision most of us view to be wrong I don't believe JR would have pledged untold monies and compensation to a rookie untried manager.

Secondly compared to the loss of revenue being a Conference rather than League 1 club I think it's a price worth paying yes.

Come on ,your clutching at straws here ,if we wanted him walsall are gonna screw us ,secondly we are not going to get relegated ,but i asked for your solutions ,not your obstacles so give me your plan
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:13 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

That's my solution.

What happens if next season we've got a new man and after 12 games we aren't where we should be? Just do it again? Appointing Darrell Clarke does not guarantee success and I don't get why people think it seems to be nailed on promotion if he's our manager

It's buts and maybes. No one has a crystal ball. However he has promotions with Salisbury and Bristol Rovers, so he is proven and has an affiliation with the club. That's why he is my preferred option. What if we stay with Dempster and we get relegated. What then?

The cost of avoiding relegation is likely to be less than the cost of relegation.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:20 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:There are no guarantees with any appointments Spanish. You'll always find a risk or a compromise.

However Dempster is an abject failure and deserves sacking. He's atrocious. Should never have been appointed. Hymas also wants hanging out for his obvious meddling in matters beyond his limited ability.

Who says so ,its not going well but atrocious thats a bit ott ,hymas ,my god i dont even know the bloke ,but hes put more onto the club than most of us ever could or would ,so for me he is beyond reproach as for his limited ability ,he obviously has maximised his gifts ,now that is what i call clever ,not punctuation or grammar but the ability to succeed
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:24 pm

Fair enough.

I for one think he was pushing his youth agenda, and saw the appointment of Dempster as an easier conduit for the academy players into first team contention. If so, then this mess is his fault and he should be kept away from football matters. Not saying he doesn't add value elsewhere though. Maybe I'm wrong. If so, I apologise. But I guess we'll never know.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:00 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

That's my solution.

Bobby, that argument is so weak. So what do you suggest, just stick with a poor manager for years who by his own admission has failed to get the best out of the players, and shows so few signs of knowing how to? Keep the manager who’s football on the whole is poor to go along with our even worse results and league position, just because it ‘might happen again under the next manager’?

It’s clear and obvious Dempster is not the best man for the job. If we go through a proper process when appointing the next manager I’m absolutely sure he will be an improvement on Dempster, and if he isn’t so be it, but you don’t just stick with something that is so obviously failing when as a club we have high ambitions.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:16 pm

Just read on the club website transcript that "one goal on Saturday would have made the difference".

Pray tell how that was going to happen when we had two shots on target in the whole game?
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:19 pm

Well at least its factual .and correct
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:24 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

That's my solution.

Bobby, that argument is so weak. So what do you suggest, just stick with a poor manager for years who by his own admission has failed to get the best out of the players, and shows so few signs of knowing how to? Keep the manager who’s football on the whole is poor to go along with our even worse results and league position, just because it ‘might happen again under the next manager’?

It’s clear and obvious Dempster is not the best man for the job. If we go through a proper process when appointing the next manager I’m absolutely sure he will be an improvement on Dempster, and if he isn’t so be it, but you don’t just stick with something that is so obviously failing when as a club we have high ambitions.

All im asking is give me a name of the succesor or the plan to take us magically up the league ,simple you cant
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:28 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:Just read on the club website transcript that "one goal on Saturday would have made the difference".

Pray tell how that was going to happen when we had two shots on target in the whole game?

One goal at stadium MK would have made a difference, but the manager still got the boot.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:32 pm

wink68 wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:Just read on the club website transcript that "one goal on Saturday would have made the difference".

One goal at stadium MK would have made a difference, but the manager still got the boot.

Perfecto
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:40 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

That's my solution.

It might be a weak argument, but to suggest Darrell Clarke comes in (as some have) and he miraculously fixes everything and gets us promoted is probably not going to happen. I don't think Dempster will last the season, but I certainly will stick by my team and support it through thick and thin and that's not blindly supporting the team. The results have to get better, we all know that. I feel that if we lose on Saturday JD will be gone, but who knows?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:41 pm

spanishstag wrote:
wink68 wrote:

Perfecto

Going to need subtitles soon if you're going to start speaking Spanish :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:43 pm

spanishstag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

All im asking is give me a name of the succesor or the plan to take us magically up the league ,simple you cant

I’m not saying it’s a given somebody will magically take us up the league. Dempsters made a hash of this season and it will now be a struggle for anybody to get it back on track, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t people out there that are more suited for the job and will do a better job both in the short and long term. Let’s be fair, you can’t exactly do much worse with the resource and the squad that we have.

Phil Parkinson is one that’s available, would he come? Who knows, we didn’t think Evans would come considering he’d previously been in the Championship, but also who knows that JR wouldn’t stump up the money to take a manager from another club again like Flitcroft. If you genuinely think Dempster is the best person we could have then so be it but that’s unbelievable.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:49 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

It might be a weak argument, but to suggest Darrell Clarke comes in (as some have) and he miraculously fixes everything and gets us promoted is probably not going to happen. I don't think Dempster will last the season, but I certainly will stick by my team and support it through thick and thin and that's not blindly supporting the team. The results have to get better, we all know that. I feel that if we lose on Saturday JD will be gone, but who knows?

Darrell Clarke isn’t my call, and I don’t think anybody will miraculously take us up this season considering the position we’re now in. I just don’t agree that sticking by a manager just because the ‘next manager might not do any better’ is the right thing to do.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:00 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

I’m not saying it’s a given somebody will magically take us up the league. Dempsters made a hash of this season and it will now be a struggle for anybody to get it back on track, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t people out there that are more suited for the job and will do a better job both in the short and long term. Let’s be fair, you can’t exactly do much worse with the resource and the squad that we have.

Phil Parkinson is one that’s available, would he come? Who knows, we didn’t think Evans would come considering he’d previously been in the Championship, but also who knows that JR wouldn’t stump up the money to take a manager from another club again like Flitcroft. If you genuinely think Dempster is the best person we could have then so be it but that’s unbelievable.

No i know dempster is maybe not the answer ,i wish and hope he is ,but im asking for realisti options ,its easy to say get rid or sack ,but we need a plan
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:01 pm

What is the problem with people being so critical of his interviews may I ask Spanish?
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby spanishstag » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:16 pm

WVStag wrote:

What is the problem with people being so critical of his interviews may I ask Spanish?

Simple its the same old criticism ,from people who accuse him of trotting out the same stuff every time ,yet they are doing the same ,they criticise him for offering no solution ,yet they never actually offer anything just the sack him mantra ,without thought or consequence of cost or even worse the failure of the club
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:19 pm

Sounds like a broken record week after week !
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum