{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stuart Watkiss

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stuart Watkiss

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:21 pm

Great post by Stuart Watkiss on Facebook:

"This is not a post debating on whether the manager should be sacked or not ... I’m in Bangladesh working, and as always I’m following Stags results, and comments from many supporters on Facebook and this forum.

I just want to say from personal experience and someone who’s managed this great club that no one will be feeling as low as the manager is right now ... I absolutely promise you that ..... as much as every fan loves their club, and as much as fans are frustrated and angry, I cannot put into words how you feel as the manager.. it’s the loneliest place in the world after you get beat.

I remember only to well how I felt if things didn’t go as planned on a Saturday, and how I felt when I finally did get relieved of my duties

I was absolutely devastated... and I mean devastated. The football club meant everything to me

So please please show the manager some respect... he’s not a bad man ,... just a man who’s doing his absolute best to try and get some results, and do his absolute best for MTFC.

If he does start to get results then brilliant, but if he’s not the man for the job please show him some humility and kindness and be aware of his feelings and those of his loved ones

This man has served the club brilliantly over the years

I don’t know John Dempster personally, I only know the situation he finds himself in at this moment in time

Let’s all hope and pray that things start to improve for everyone connected to the club

Best Wishes to all

UTS"

Kevin Kent added: "Spot on. The manager needs the fans and the players back fit - most have been missing . They will take a few games to click - the signs were there at Port Vale . Keep the faith ! Maynard is the class act sadly missed."
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Stuart Watkiss

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:21 pm

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Re: Stuart Watkiss

Postby iansmith » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:36 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:.

Fantastic post by someone who has been there and who obviously still has the club at heart.

ian smith
iansmith
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby WVStag » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:41 pm

So are we now saying that just because Stuart Watkiss and Kevin Kent have told us to keep the faith, we should disregard the evidence that Dempster is clearly not the man to take us forward?

I hope not because that would be very silly.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:46 pm

WVStag wrote:So are we now saying that just because Stuart Watkiss and Kevin Kent have told us to keep the faith, we should disregard the evidence that Dempster is clearly not the man to take us forward?

My immediate reaction too WVSTAG. Basically filling a vacuum as the single pro JD post in the last 24 hours in the face of over whelming negative reaction to his tenure.

We are really all very naughty boys who just don't really know what we are talking about.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Beano » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:02 pm

I’d love to know what ex players/managers think of the attitude and lack of commitment shown by the current squad of overpaid pansies donning the Amber/Blue.

It’s alright criticising the manager/fans

But who is really letting the club down?
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:06 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
WVStag wrote:So are we now saying that just because Stuart Watkiss and Kevin Kent have told us to keep the faith, we should disregard the evidence that Dempster is clearly not the man to take us forward?

My immediate reaction too WVSTAG. Basically filling a vacuum as the single pro JD post in the last 24 hours in the face of over whelming negative reaction to his tenure.

We are really all very naughty boys who just don't really know what we are talking about.

We’re also not real fans because we acknowledge the truth and the facts instead of just ‘getting behind the manager’ with some weird and misguided blind faith.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby 60+40 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:37 pm

We have only won 11 games since January
60+40
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:44 pm

WVStag wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

We’re also not real fans because we acknowledge the truth and the facts instead of just ‘getting behind the manager’ with some weird and misguided blind faith.

I personally think you're both misinterpreting what SW is saying all he is saying is show JD some respect as a human being as someone who also cares for the club.

Personal abuse towards him and his family i.e ("f off and die") shouldn't be tolerated (quite rightly), that doesn't mean you can't make your feelings know about JD in the role just to do so without personal vile attacks.

SW also states if he's the man for the job brilliant if not show him some humility and respect for what he's done for our club.

Having said that I think most are showing JD respect hence the morgue like atmosphere on Saturday, and the odd "resign please John" being heard.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:49 pm

Hey, Stuart was not saying we don't know what we are talking about, he was saying how bad it is when doing your best isn't working. I don't doubt for a minute that JD isn't doing his best but unfortunately it is not good enough.

I agree with Stuart regards treating JD with respect, he's a good man with a family to provide for, no need for booing or personal abuse.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:56 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
WVStag wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

I personally think you're both misinterpreting what SW is saying all he is saying is show JD some respect as a human being as someone who also cares for the club.

Personal abuse towards him and his family i.e ("f off and die") shouldn't be tolerated (quite rightly), that doesn't mean you can't make your feelings know about JD in the role just to do so without personal vile attacks.

SW also states if he's the man for the job brilliant if not show him some humility and respect for what he's done for our club.

Having said that I think most are showing JD respect hence the morgue like atmosphere on Saturday, and the odd "resign please John" being heard.

WV Stag's posts don't necessarily relate back to the original material.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby WVStag » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:01 pm

oldweststander wrote:Hey, Stuart was not saying we don't know what we are talking about, he was saying how bad it is when doing your best isn't working. I don't doubt for a minute that JD isn't doing his best but unfortunately it is not good enough.

I agree with Stuart regards treating JD with respect, he's a good man with a family to provide for, no need for booing or personal abuse.

I did reference what SW AND KK said, in fairness. I should’ve probably put more weight on what Kevin Kent said looking back at it, because the ‘keep the faith’ comment was the one that is just so very silly.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby WVStag » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:11 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:
WVStag wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

Do you feel better about yourself now?
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:19 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:
WVStag wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

Has it come to this?
Lock down your aerial.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:33 pm

Has it come to this?
Lock down your aerial.[/quote]

Once again AWC you have to abuse me as you have done before. I was stating a fact - WV's posts tend to lock onto a thread for the purposes of his main message (or theme).

Perhaps I could have expressed it better but I honestly can't recall many comments of his that relates to actual football, the game or footballing matters. If I'm wrong on that, or I have represented his position unfairly, then I apologise and take it back. It's all results are poor, sack the manager. There may be some merit in that (whether to get rid of the manager) but it's not taking the debate anywhere.

You and I have exchanged posts, too, and we don't always agree but at least you talk about the football sometimes and I respect your views (when you don't take it too far - see above).

Continually saying sack the manger, how long must this go on, etc etc is like a broken record and isn't a debate, it's just the same all the time.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:42 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:Has it come to this?
Lock down your aerial.

Once again AWC you have to abuse me as you have done before. I was stating a fact - WV's posts tend to lock onto a thread for the purposes of his main message (or theme).

Perhaps I could have expressed it better but I honestly can't recall many comments of his that relates to actual football, the game or footballing matters. If I'm wrong on that, or I have represented his position unfairly, then I apologise and take it back. It's all results are poor, sack the manager. There may be some merit in that (whether to get rid of the manager) but it's not taking the debate anywhere.

You and I have exchanged posts, too, and we don't always agree but at least you talk about the football sometimes and I respect your views (when you don't take it too far - see above).

Continually saying sack the manger, how long must this go on, etc etc is like a broken record and isn't a debate, it's just the same all the time.[/quote]

Careful NLS. Next WV will be accusing you of being a happy clapper and a Dempster fan boy.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:45 pm

Lock down your aerial.

Continually saying sack the manger, how long must this go on, etc etc is like a broken record and isn't a debate, it's just the same all the time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You are wrong. But don't apologise, it's not that big of a deal. You're allowed to be wrong. We can talk the intricacies of football whenever you like or wherever the topic allows for it.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:41 pm

Lock down your aerial.

Continually saying sack the manger, how long must this go on, etc etc is like a broken record and isn't a debate, it's just the same all the time.[/quote]

I don't know how quoting the lyrics of The Streets - Has It Come To This is abusive. The last line of the previous postreminded me of the track so I posted the next lyrics.

Has it come to this
Original pirate material
You're listening to the streets

arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:49 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
Lock down your aerial.

I don't know how quoting the lyrics of The Streets - Has It Come To This is abusive. The last line of the previous postreminded me of the track so I posted the next lyrics.

Very clever, but too contemporary and went over my head AWC. I've heard of the Streets but had no idea I quoted a song. You'll need to be more direct in future and post the you tube thing with the quote. Or go back a decade or two and then I might get it. :roll:[/quote]

And I am sorry if I accused you of being abusivew when you didn't mean it.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:54 pm

any chance you guys could work out how to use quote facility properly, or better still take your spat to a private conversation ? Thanks.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:11 pm

No probslems my appreciate, mine's a Heineken mate.

Lead me to rediscover a classic album.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:51 pm

Come on guys let's push things forward.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:15 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Great post by Stuart Watkiss on Facebook:

"This is not a post debating on whether the manager should be sacked or not ... I’m in Bangladesh working, and as always I’m following Stags results, and comments from many supporters on Facebook and this forum.

I just want to say from personal experience and someone who’s managed this great club that no one will be feeling as low as the manager is right now ... I absolutely promise you that ..... as much as every fan loves their club, and as much as fans are frustrated and angry, I cannot put into words how you feel as the manager.. it’s the loneliest place in the world after you get beat.

I remember only to well how I felt if things didn’t go as planned on a Saturday, and how I felt when I finally did get relieved of my duties

I was absolutely devastated... and I mean devastated. The football club meant everything to me

So please please show the manager some respect... he’s not a bad man ,... just a man who’s doing his absolute best to try and get some results, and do his absolute best for MTFC.

If he does start to get results then brilliant, but if he’s not the man for the job please show him some humility and kindness and be aware of his feelings and those of his loved ones

This man has served the club brilliantly over the years

I don’t know John Dempster personally, I only know the situation he finds himself in at this moment in time

Let’s all hope and pray that things start to improve for everyone connected to the club

Best Wishes to all

UTS"

Kevin Kent added: "Spot on. The manager needs the fans and the players back fit - most have been missing . They will take a few games to click - the signs were there at Port Vale . Keep the faith ! Maynard is the class act sadly missed."

I agree, pity you didn't follow those words under our previous manager and instead joined the band who wanted a manager sacked, firstly after 12 games and then after finishing in our highest league position in over 15 years. The usual nameless and faceless are now shouting XX Out, that's what they do but this is what you did last season Darren so it's a bit rich you criticising them for something you did when DF was our manager. A manager needs 2-3 years unless things go drastically wrong, I am afraid JD is on the drastically wrong slope, his days are numbered because 19th is unacceptable with that squad and that budget. However, unlike you with DF, I am prepared to give JD more than 12 games and so will not join the 10 year olds in demanding his sacking, nor will I join the 5 year olds who abuse our manager.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:52 pm

You clearly do not pay attention Rob. I was very critical of DF due to him blowing it two seasons running but I never advocated sacking him. I was in favour of giving him another go this season and then review at the end of October. I'm sure if we were in our current position then he would have been sacked. JD has been given a bit more leeway by JR because he is a novice.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:22 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:You clearly do not pay attention Rob. I was very critical of DF due to him blowing it two seasons running but I never advocated sacking him. I was in favour of giving him another go this season and then review at the end of October. I'm sure if we were in our current position then he would have been sacked. JD has been given a bit more leeway by JR because he is a novice.

You are re-inventing history Darren. It is a ridiculous policy to advocate the changing of a manager so frequently and the decision to sack DF was wrong, no matter what some on here say. It is a fact that he led us to our highest league position in over 15 years and I have no doubt that those formerly in the DF Out camp, now in the JD Out camp would gladly take 4th come the end of the season. I said when DF was sacked we'd be mid table this season no matter who we appointed and that those who advocated his sacking better get ready for a new start. Well clearly they weren't ready for the new start, they clearly thought we'd just get instant success by changing our manager, they were wrong.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum