{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:20 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:45 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:56 pm

Martin,

You state for Conrad he had no chance with the goal but from my view in the West upper and a couple fans views in the QLE they state it wasn’t exactly top corner and was a pretty decent height for the GK to get to and my opinion is he didn’t move his feet at all well which would of helped him out.

After seeing the highlights on the web today I think Conrad will be disappointed he didn’t get a good palm on it and push it wide of the goal.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:58 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:Martin,

You state for Conrad he had no chance with the goal but from my view in the West upper and a couple fans views in the QLE they state it wasn’t exactly top corner and was a pretty decent height for the GK to get to and my opinion is he didn’t move his feet at all well which would of helped him out.

After seeing the highlights on the web today I think Conrad will be disappointed he didn’t get a good palm on it and push it wide of the goal.

I disagree with you. What was it they said on the Quest highlights last night ... something like no goalkeeper would have saved that. It was a great hit.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:06 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

I disagree with you. What was it they said on the Quest highlights last night ... something like no goalkeeper would have saved that. It was a great hit.

Yesterday’s disappointing result had little to do with Conrad
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:10 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

It’s a good strike I’m not taking that away but it’s not the top corner.

I think Conrad can and should do better on that occasion but he makes a couple other very good saves yesterday.

And tbh the folks on quest just spit out normal football cliches they’re not really clued up about any football club unless it’s former premier league.

But I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:18 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

I think Conrad can and should do better on that occasion but he makes a couple other very good saves yesterday.

And tbh the folks on quest just spit out normal football cliches they’re not really clued up about any football club unless it’s former premier league.

so what you're really saying is Oilynec would've saved it, right?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:49 pm

Spiritater wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

so what you're really saying is Oilynec would've saved it, right?

What I’m saying is I think 9/10 L2 GKs are saving it.

It’s a good strike but it’s deffo not top corner.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:35 pm

i think the strike is being over hyped, but it be harsh to suggest he should have saved it.

Not gunna speculate if a certain other GK would have saved it.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:44 pm

Conker wrote:i think the strike is being over hyped, but it be harsh to suggest he should have saved it.

Not gunna speculate if a certain other GK would have saved it.

It’s a good strike from the lad no doubt but it’s not top corner and it’s a pretty decent height too.

Just my honest opinion.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum