{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Man of the Match.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Man of the Match.

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:05 am

oldweststander wrote:McDonald was outstanding, Gordon did well, Khan a good second half.

Sweeney had another shocker and the Leeds lad didn't look comfortable in a back three.

Macca MOM yet failed to be arsed to close down their lad who scored... he just stood and watched it go in. needs to be on the wing or on the bench far away from centre mid.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:12 am

l like macca.always gives his all.never hides
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Old amber » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:20 am

Totally agree .. Mecca works his socks off.... more of a wing man for me .. he get bogged down in the midfield role
As for Hamilton... 1 million pond flop to Poundland bargain.
Old amber
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Jamie » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:32 am

I though Khan was clear MoM. The only player who looked like a footballer and he got stuck in well 'for him'. Took people on, got busy and looked dangerous.

Bish is the worry for me. He covers less ground defensively now and isn't as effective as he was. He also treats the ball like a hot potato. He will not stop and look or think. He's always decided what his next pass will be and whilst hes neat and tidy doing that quite often, when it goes wrong it costs us or puts others in trouble. His lack of faith in himself pulling the trigger on the edge of the box is also annoying.

Finally a mention for our ball retention in general. Its abysmal. We play a 'mixed' setup trying to play ball and go direct when needed. Fine. Other than the small problem that we cant keep the ball when we pass it and when we go long no one supports the 2nd ball.

We're a shambles.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Nottsstag100 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:37 am

Old amber wrote:For me bringing on four front men smacks desperation...

Definitely could feel that it was a last ditch attempt as he felt under a lot of pressure
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Old amber » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:45 am

It’s all about opinions.. we all agree that we not a patch on last season... but the prawn sandwich brigade
Obviously see it different thru there wine goggles
Old amber
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:47 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Nottsstag100 wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:I thought Mal Benning should get it for his free kick delivery today :lol:

The poorest I have seen him in a long time, need to go back to mellis on the short free kicks like last season as that actually worked..... sometimes :lol:

Mellis???? He won't even play him, he'd rather play a CH from Leeds or a RW in midfield, he really is the architect of his own downfall.

We thought DF was stubborn with his tactics and square peg policy, it's as though JD is even worse!!!

Shaughnessy is a lot better in midfield than at the back based on what I’ve seen.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby iansmith » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:47 am

88BenM wrote:The MOTM sponsors must be absolutely bladdered. Embarrassing.

So rather than giving us the benefit of your vast football knowledge you decide in favour of having a pop at the match day sponsors. Those people who put money into the club. That's clever! And very well done as you've found something else to whinge about.

To avoid your future embarrassment I suggest you contact a guy called Paul Nyland. It'll cost you ££795+VAT and for that you'll get to pick your own MOTM. I've even looked the number up for you. 01623 482 482

For me it was MacDonald but the real difference between us is that I can respect the opinions of others even when I don't agree.

ian smith
iansmith
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:48 am

iansmith wrote:
88BenM wrote:The MOTM sponsors must be absolutely bladdered. Embarrassing.

So rather than giving us the benefit of your vast football knowledge you decide in favour of having a pop at the match day sponsors. Those people who put money into the club. That's clever! And very well done as you've found something else to whinge about.

To avoid your future embarrassment I suggest you contact a guy called Paul Nyland. It'll cost you ££795+VAT and for that you'll get to pick your own MOTM. I've even looked the number up for you. 01623 482 482

For me it was MacDonald but the real difference between us is that I can respect the opinions of others even when I don't agree.

ian smith

Well said owd fruit.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum