{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Promotion Favourites

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Promotion Favourites

Postby Wil0211 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:18 pm

The pre season promotion favourites are hardly performing as expected. Salford, Scunthorpe, Mansfield, Plymouth and Bradford were the 5 teams shortest priced for winning the league.
Notts County were pre season favourites last year and look how that ended.
I see again that Mr Radford stated in the programme notes the expectation this season. I think he is going to be bitterly disappointed again especially if he decides to stick with the current manager.
Why can't we quietly go about our business and see where it takes us, without the smashing the league expectation. Teams up their game for the favourites and see it as a scalp. There is also the weight of expectation on the players with this mindset. In my opinion this league is wide open and anyone can beat anyone on their day. Let's be a little more humble and see where it takes us.
Wil0211
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Promotion Favourites

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:20 pm

Wil0211 wrote:The pre season promotion favourites are hardly performing as expected. Salford, Scunthorpe, Mansfield, Plymouth and Bradford were the 5 teams shortest priced for winning the league.
I see again that Mr Radford stated in the programme notes the expectation this season. I think he is going to be bitterly disappointed again especially if he decides to stick with the current manager.
Why can't we quietly go about our business and see where it takes us, without the smashing the league expectation. Teams up their game for the favourites and see it as a scalp. There is also the weight of expectation on the players with this mindset. In my opinion this league is wide open and anyone can beat anyone on their day. Let's be a little more humble and see where it takes us.

Conference here we come?...
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Gruff » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:02 am

Wil0211 wrote:The pre season promotion favourites are hardly performing as expected. Salford, Scunthorpe, Mansfield, Plymouth and Bradford were the 5 teams shortest priced for winning the league.

I'm with you on that... all expectations of promotion this season have been shot, so let's start building for the future... but quietly.
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Kernow » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:09 am

We must stop the rot before we become the next Notts. Clownty.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:07 pm

T'would certainly be 'the Mansfield Town way' if we managed to get the only ticket to Hell come May. But watching these plonkers play atm I wouldn't put past them achieveing such a feat.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum