{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Come on radford sack mr non- motivator

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Come on radford sack mr non- motivator

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:00 am

Very few people apart from a minority of morons are abusing John Dempster. Let's not let those idiots cloud the actual issue that we have a catastrophic appointment of a decent guy who is simply not up to it and taking us down to the Conference.

Why isn't anyone screaming 1 point from 12 !!!!! It's relegation form!!

From the apathy and lethargy I witnessed on Saturday most people can't even be bothered to boo him. They just trudged off home bemoaning an inept display with few moments to applaud and inept late confusing substitutions. Yet we are told the fans are behind him and there was effort out there. So what? 11 fit athletes could do that.

For God's sake everyone but the Radfords and the Board can see he's lost the fans and is a dead man walking.

What are the club waiting for? People will start losing interest if they see the club is going nowhere.

It's like Harold in 1066 saying "what arro. .....!"
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby victor A block » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:14 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:Very few people apart from a minority of morons are abusing John Dempster. Let's not let those idiots cloud the actual issue that we have a catastrophic appointment of a decent guy who is simply not up to it and taking us down to the Conference.

From the apathy and lethargy I witnessed on Saturday most people can't even be bothered to boo him. They just trudged off home bemoaning an inept display with few moments to applaud and inept late confusing substitutions. Yet we are told the fans are behind him and there was effort out there. So what? 11 fit athletes could do that.

For God's sake everyone but the Radfords and the Board can see he's lost the fans and is a dead man walking.

What are the club waiting for? People will start losing interest if they see the club is going nowhere.

Most just genuinely feel sorry for the guy and that tempers the abuse. Almost seems unfair to make it worse for him than it already is.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Tawnystag » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:14 am

We really are an angry bunch aren't we? The constant swiping at each other and anyone who comes into contact with our views is embarrassing. Lets stop hounding our managers out after 10 games and try and play our part in the clubs success until a time when things change, you never know it might help the team!
Tawnystag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby No Breaks Allowed » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:27 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:Very few people apart from a minority of morons are abusing John Dempster. Let's not let those idiots cloud the actual issue that we have a catastrophic appointment of a decent guy who is simply not up to it and taking us down to the Conference.

Great post, especially the first paragraph.

I went to port vale game, and was encouraged by the performance and felt we should have won. Did I feel like we’d turned a corner, no! I don’t think you can say that after one good performance, a conservative run of games with those performances then yes. I didn’t go to the Plymouth game due to family reasons, but from my mates and family who did go, have all said it wasn’t a good performance and backward step on port vales game.

I’ve totally lost faith in Dempster as manager now, I won’t shout abuse at him, because that’s not my style, and also for what he’s done for the club both as a player and youth coach. But the club needs to make the change, for the sake of the team and the club on a whole. Clearly the gamble hasn’t paid off, but the negativity surrounding the club I don’t feel will go away until a change is made or Dempster pulls of a 10 game winning run at least. It’s sad to see this happening to the club at the minute, give the club has been looking forwards with everything on and off the pitch.
No Breaks Allowed
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:34 am

The owners have clearly given up on this season. I cannot fathom how he’s still in a job.

By the time they finally realise it will be too late and another season wasted where most of our best players (who may not be in form at the minute, but have proved over a whole season or more that they are) will be out of contract come the end of it.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:46 am

MTFCMusings wrote:The owners have clearly given up on this season. I cannot fathom how he’s still in a job.

By the time they finally realise it will be too late and another season wasted where most of our best players (who may not be in form at the minute, but have proved over a whole season or more that they are) will be out of contract come the end of it.

It’s honestly incredible that he is still here. I can’t believe that the board think he can turn this around, so what are they waiting for? If they do believe that it’s a real concern. Personally I think they are trying to save face and not wanting to admit a mistake.

Before the Cambridge game Radford said the 10 game mark is a good place to judge progress. Since then we’re now up to the 11 game mark and got 1 point from 9. Is that the type of improvement we’ve been looking for? 1 point? This is a results based business and Radford has stated twice in as many weeks that our aim is promotion this season - well this isn’t the way to go about it.

Even if we don’t have anybody lined up, I genuinely believe removing Dempster from his position will see an upturn in results. I don’t think the players have any faith in what the manager is doing.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:57 am

Results will sort it and guess Grimsby defeat will seal it as this would be 2 on the bounce and that will be the magical yardstick of twelve night!!
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:07 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:The owners have clearly given up on this season. I cannot fathom how he’s still in a job.

It’s honestly incredible that he is still here. I can’t believe that the board think he can turn this around, so what are they waiting for? If they do believe that it’s a real concern. Personally I think they are trying to save face and not wanting to admit a mistake.

Before the Cambridge game Radford said the 10 game mark is a good place to judge progress. Since then we’re now up to the 11 game mark and got 1 point from 9. Is that the type of improvement we’ve been looking for? 1 point? This is a results based business and Radford has stated twice in as many weeks that our aim is promotion this season - well this isn’t the way to go about it.

Even if we don’t have anybody lined up, I genuinely believe removing Dempster from his position will see an upturn in results. I don’t think the players have any faith in what the manager is doing.

Its 1 from 12. Some corner turned. More likely stuck in reverse. We've only scored in 1 of those 4 games.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:13 pm

victor A block wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

Its 1 from 12. Some corner turned. More likely stuck in reverse. We've only scored in 1 of those 4 games.
I know, I meant since his programme notes before the Cambridge game. Even the win that proceeded those 4 games left everyone walking away somewhat disgruntled at the performance :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:19 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
victor A block wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

I know, I meant since his programme notes before the Cambridge game. Even the win that proceeded those 4 games left everyone walking away somewhat disgruntled at the performance :lol:

You're right - I don't think anyone walked away from the Scunthorpe game thinking we'd turned a corner - as a spectacle it was one of the worst games of football played between 2 sides since we've been back in the league.

Each and every home performance under him has been poor - at best

Morecambe - 2-2 draw (22nd in the league)
Morecambe 2-2 draw (out on pens)
Stevenage 0-0 draw (24th in the league)
Leyton Orient 2-3 Loss
Scunthorpe 2-0 win (23rd in the league)
Cambridge 0-4 loss (11th in the league)
Plymouth 0-1 loss (12th in the league)

So far he's gained 5 points from 5 games against sides no higher than 11th :shock:

Given the "easy" start weve had with fixtures, what's Dempster going to do when we start playing the decent sides?

The lads out of his depth, the appointment was wrong
Last edited by adamstag on Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:32 pm

Have you wiped the Leyton Orient Horrorshow from your memory...?
Worst of the lot
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:35 pm

Grimsby away L
Crewe cup game L (playing the kids)
Oldham home D
FGR away L
Salford home W/D
Walsall away L/D

3/5 points from 5 games... we'd be about bottom and I think that will be him gone. No excuse from the club after that but got a feeling they will see where we are after around 20 games played....

The only way this season can turn out half decent now is if theres a drastic upturn in results and that could start away at grimsby... 2 wins out of 11 isn't a bad start its a massive problem somewhere in the club... the manager.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Chadman » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:34 pm

Dempster desperately needs a win and slice of good luck - and quickly.

My latest thoughts . . .

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/l ... 1-10025880
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:43 pm

sadly he is a dead man walking

beggars belief he is still in the hot seat, most fans actually feel for him
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:45 pm

Chadman wrote:Dempster desperately needs a win and slice of good luck - and quickly.

My latest thoughts . . .

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/l ... 1-10025880

Where has he got three wins from? As far as I'm aware it's been two....Carlisle and Scunthorpe. Get your facts right.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby west country stag » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:51 am

I cant comment on Dempsters inability to manage our club !!!!
.... words fail me
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:09 am

No news yet...
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:15 pm

adamstag wrote:No news yet...

They won't sack him today.

Surely a loss at Grimsby sees him gone.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:23 pm

The only reason he’s not gone is we don’t have a replacement, although I’m sure if we don’t pick up another win soon they will bite the bullet anyway.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:41 am

Matt Green seals Dempsters fate !!!
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:04 am

You’d love that wouldn’t you.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:14 am

can imagine him with a stiffy thinking about it :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:31 am

Get Nathan Jones in
Unemployed
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 am

S7AGS wrote:Get Nathan Jones in
Unemployed

No thanks, another cry baby, odious character
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:35 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
S7AGS wrote:Get Nathan Jones in
Unemployed

No thanks, another cry baby, odious character

Very good at what he did - I agree he’s not so nice

Dempster and Adam Murray are both decent blokes - not done them much good unfortunately
adamstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum