{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Our next three games

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Our next three games

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:55 pm

Are all quite tough.

Plymouth home
Grimsby away
Crewe home
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Re: Our next three games

Postby part time pete » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:58 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Are all quite tough.

Plymouth home
Grimsby away
Crewe home

We don’t play Crewe until March

It’s Oldham in third game
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:00 pm

We do.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:01 pm

part time pete wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:Are all quite tough.

Plymouth home
Grimsby away
Crewe home

We don’t play Crewe until March

It’s Oldham in third game

I think AWC is looking at the leasing trophy thing
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:10 pm

Reading Plymuff fans forum, it seems Mayor is being dealt with by kicking him off the park :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:30 pm

To be fair, it's Crewe in the leasing thingy, Oldham after in the league.

Plymouth, Grimsby and Oldham is better from a league standing perspective.

Anything above 5 points would be a good return.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:57 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:To be fair, it's Crewe in the leasing thingy, Oldham after in the league.

Plymouth, Grimsby and Oldham is better from a league standing perspective.

Anything above 5 points would be a good return.

Looks like Dempster is going to survive whatever but are you suggesting we go unbeaten one win two draws at least from those three mate?
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:50 am

We need 4 points minimum from Plymouth and Grimsby next 2, not overly fussed about the Leasing.com game.

We simply can’t afford to lose any more ground. 7 points adrift from the playoffs, and 10 off the automatics is unacceptable at this stage. If that stretches to say 10 points off the playoffs over the next couple of games then let’s face it, it becomes increasingly unrealistic to expect us to close that gap whoever is in charge.

What’s concerning is we’ve played the bottom 4 and we’re still in this position.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:45 am

After the Plymouth game we have 3 home games and 5 away in October, November.
It's a massive couple of months coming up and could define our season.
7 points from the next 3 games would be massive for us.
:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:38 am

It would be nice to win some home games. What a time for us to play Plymouth, and they probably think the same about playing us. Both teams below par, but both teams should pick up and be up near the top 7 at the end of the season. We could do with 6 points from the next 3 games.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:02 am

anything less than 4 points and we need to remove JD, simple
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:59 am

How much longer do we give him?

It’s going to have a real impact on the attendance very soon, which will sadly see us down to our 2500 die hards

everyone makes mistakes it’s about learning and quickly from them
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:33 pm

We will beat Plymouth...

If we don't then no difference has been made and he's on very thin ice.

Start with a win Saturday and the next 10 games could be the complete opposite to the first 10.. if they're not then its time to get rid.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:41 pm

Plymouth are having the same problems as we have had in the last couple of games, being the better side but not being able to pick up the points.

What they do have, which we don't, is the best player in the league, who can win games on his own on his day.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:52 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Plymouth are having the same problems as we have had in the last couple of games, being the better side but not being able to pick up the points.

What they do have, which we don't, is the best player in the league, who can win games on his own on his day.

They have 2or 3 of the best players in the league
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:58 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:How much longer do we give him?

It’s going to have a real impact on the attendance very soon, which will sadly see us down to our 2500 die hards

Exactly !! It's gone from the results v Cambridge and Port Vale being crucial (and we got one point and a humiliating 4 nil home defeat) to now giving him another 2, 3 or 10 games depending on which post you like.

Many others have said it....this is an appointment doomed to failure and the sooner we get a manager who can lead this team and with a proven CV the better. I keep saying it's not just the 2 wins from 10 in the league campaign but an uninspiring directionless pre season that three "bit players" have paid for with their jobs yet despite his disastrous leadership and decisions he survives.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jimstag » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:36 pm

There’s clearly several factors behind the decision for Dempster to remain & the context of the results must give the radfords some hope in the current management team.

We were on top versus Cambridge until the sending off and conceded late vs port vale which they will consider being addressed with the new fitness regime.

These things have bought some time. While there’s some hope we can turn things around I think we will stick with JD, the next few games may change that perception. Saturday will be a real measure. I must add that I hope we get the results, I’m not sure all of our fans feel that way.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:02 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:How much longer do we give him?

Exactly !! It's gone from the results v Cambridge and Port Vale being crucial (and we got one point and a humiliating 4 nil home defeat) to now giving him another 2, 3 or 10 games depending on which post you like.

Many others have said it....this is an appointment doomed to failure and the sooner we get a manager who can lead this team and with a proven CV the better. I keep saying it's not just the 2 wins from 10 in the league campaign but an uninspiring directionless pre season that three "bit players" have paid for with their jobs yet despite his disastrous leadership and decisions he survives.

Completely agree. Incredible how quite a few now seem content with us giving him an extended run of games just because we had a decent performance against an average Port Vale side... and we didn’t even win. If we lose on Saturday at home again it should be curtains, but it won’t be.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:08 pm

Think the stagnation "see what i did there" of posts and no score fred sums up the apathy felt by the many at the moment.

We need a new guy in to kick butt and give fans their mojo back and please do not say thats Broughton.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:20 pm

The One wrote:Think the stagnation "see what i did there" of posts and no score fred sums up the apathy felt by the many at the moment.

We need a new guy in to kick butt and give fans their mojo back and please do not say thats Broughton.

What about ALL THREE Broughtons?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:37 pm

Jimstag wrote: I hope we get the results, I’m not sure all of our fans feel that way.

I didn't hate Evans, I quite liked him, but I now hate what he did.
I liked Flitcroft and wanted him to stay. I was annoyed when he was sacked.
I've been an ardent 'Dempster Out' for some time. I was on his back early because I could and still can, only see failure. Dismal, horrendous failure. However, when it comes to 3pm on Saturday, I will always want Mansfield to win, maybe too much. Regardless of everything, I want MTFC to win.

The lack.of performances, results and buzz, I want Dempster out. But if be turns it round, then great. I just doubt he can or will. Sorry.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:58 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Jimstag wrote: I hope we get the results, I’m not sure all of our fans feel that way.

I've been an ardent 'Dempster Out' for some time. I was on his back early because I could and still can, only see failure. Dismal, horrendous failure. However, when it comes to 3pm on Saturday, I will always want Mansfield to win, maybe too much. Regardless of everything, I want MTFC to win.

The lack.of performances, results and buzz, I want Dempster out. But if be turns it round, then great. I just doubt he can or will. Sorry.

As always totally agree AWC
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:55 pm

I sometimes think we place too much emphasis on the manager’s ability to make a team successful. I remember Leeds United winning the last old First Division title - despite having the uber-lacklustre Howard Wilkinson as manager.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:05 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:I sometimes think we place too much emphasis on the manager’s ability to make a team successful. I remember Leeds United winning the last old First Division title - despite having the uber-lacklustre Howard Wilkinson as manager.

I think that's a bit simplified and one very good example but look at what Chris Wilder has done at Northampton and Sheffield Utd....what Cloughie did at Derby and Forest. .. Graham Taylor at Lincoln and Watford...Klopp at Dortmund and Liverpool...Sean Dyche at Burnley (now there's Mr Charisma)....and indeed what Dave Smith did for us. The manager can be everything or nothing mate.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:25 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:

As always totally agree AWC

If he does turn it round will you both come on here and say, 'what a couple of silly arses we've been'... or stay quiet wating for him to lose a couple so you can say, ' I told you so'?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum