{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Our next three games

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Our next three games

Postby James » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:40 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:
Gruff wrote:Support the team.
Support the manager.

Tension on the terraces causes tension on the pitch. We're performing better away from home because there's less vocal animosity towards the team and management.

This isn't about happy-clapping, it's about encouragement and desire, not the feeling that we are owed success.

Now, quit yet jibber-jabbering

We’ve picked up 1 point from our last 3 away games.

Performing behind the word I picked out of this.... We are performing better, just not necessarily getting the results.

We had two games where we barely had a shot on target :lol:
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:51 pm

James wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:
Support the manager.

Tension on the terraces causes tension on the pitch. We're performing better away from home because there's less vocal animosity towards the team and management.

This isn't about happy-clapping, it's about encouragement and desire, not the feeling that we are owed success.

Performing behind the word I picked out of this.... We are performing better, just not necessarily getting the results.

Come on James don't let facts get in the way of blind loyalty. I will support the team tomorrow as always but not this manager.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:23 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
James wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:
Support the manager.

Come on James don't let facts get in the way of blind loyalty. I will support the team tomorrow as always but not this manager.

That's it. I support the club and the team, but not the manager.

He's up there with the worst of them.

For me, I think 4 points will keep him in a job by the skin of his teeth, but to really mount a challenge and silence his vocal critics, he needs 7 points from next three games.

From what we've witnessed so far, I'm not betting any money on 4 points, let alone 7.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:22 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Just to add to my posts above.. I’ve just had a look at the league table after match day 10 (where we are now) for each of the last 10 seasons then got bored because the trend was clear...

Not one team who has been automatically promoted in the past 10 years from League 2 has been 10 points behind the top 3 after 10 games.

Pretty much confirms we’ve managed to get ourselves in to a position that gives us an almost unprecedented task in trying to achieve our primary goal of automatic promotion. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but it’s going to be very tough and id say we really can’t afford for that gap to get any bigger, no matter how long is left in the season.

Good research BH Stag. I think we are probably looking at the play offs at the moment unless we can put together a Paul Cox style finish to the season. However one step at a time. Let's get in the top half first.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:55 pm

Play offs. Give me strength. On our current form, more like bottom two.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum