{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Lets out the outers .with positivity

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Lets out the outers .with positivity

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:16 pm

FarnieStag wrote:I was/am one of the Dempster supporters. However I'm afraid the table doesn't lie after 25% of the season, and it makes very depressing reading. Seeing lots of teams we've struggled against with us at the bottom of the table does not bode well. What's bitterly disappointed is seeing a young manager trying so hard to see his team not lose rather that grasping what could be his only chance in management by playing brave all-out attack. And for that reason' with regards to Dempster I'm out!

Good post. Echos my thoughts exactly
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:31 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
FarnieStag wrote:I was/am one of the Dempster supporters. However I'm afraid the table doesn't lie after 25% of the season, and it makes very depressing reading. Seeing lots of teams we've struggled against with us at the bottom of the table does not bode well. What's bitterly disappointed is seeing a young manager trying so hard to see his team not lose rather that grasping what could be his only chance in management by playing brave all-out attack. And for that reason' with regards to Dempster I'm out!

Good post. Echos my thoughts exactly

Ditto
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:29 pm

Yesterday was a very good display ,i know have said that i was losing the belief ,but i would be inclined to leave it as it is till the end of october at the very least ,and i think the radfords will ,so in essence my view is irrelevant but the signs are there ,the players are showing a bit more belief in themselves , i know i will get the abuse from our lynch mob ,and they will probably slate my punctuation ,and grammar ,but hey ho its water off a ducks back
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:38 pm

spanishstag wrote:Yesterday was a very good display ,i know have said that i was losing the belief ,but i would be inclined to leave it as it is till the end of october at the very least ,and i think the radfords will ,so in essence my view is irrelevant but the signs are there ,the players are showing a bit more belief in themselves , i know i will get the abuse from our lynch mob ,and they will probably slate my punctuation ,and grammar ,but hey ho its water off a ducks back

The performance was definitely there yesterday which shows the players are still with JD as it was the first half against Cambridge.

He desperately does need a winning streak as if the form carries on a point a game into the end of October the seasons over with and it’s a rebuilding job ready for the next season.

The team basically needs to go on a unbeaten run for a month at the very least to try and turn the fans back onside.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:45 pm

Makes me laugh when off one result, good or bad some people can forget everything else so far.

Not only are we in a poor position, we have failed to beat (and in some cases get beat) by teams that will evidently be bottom half - it’s only a matter of time before he’s replaced imo.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:46 pm

Conker wrote:Makes me laugh when off one result, good or bad some people can forget everything else so far.

Not only are we in a poor position, we have failed to beat (and in some cases get beat) by teams that will evidently be bottom half - it’s only a matter of time before he’s replaced imo.

Conker - you got an ‘A’ level in “Stating The Bleedin’ Obvious”?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:08 pm

Conker wrote:Makes me laugh when off one result, good or bad some people can forget everything else so far.

Like i already said ,i dont think jr is ready to pull the trigger ,so its largely irrelevant
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:36 pm

Really !!!!!!!

It’s a points based business

One swallow doesn't make a summer
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:53 pm

IF... (big if) we can get out of this rut with a couple of wins in the next few games, we can soon catch up the pace. There’s no runaway high quality team in this league emerging yet, could (and should?) be us. I’d give him another 5 games
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby nick_stags » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:55 pm

I think JR will give it until the end of October before deciding what to do.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:15 pm

nick_stags wrote:I think JR will give it until the end of October before deciding what to do.

So much for the programme notes giving him ten games and especially after one point from 6....JR must have been over the moon how his words galvanised everyone !
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:59 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
nick_stags wrote:I think JR will give it until the end of October before deciding what to do.

So much for the programme notes giving him ten games and especially after one point from 6....JR must have been over the moon how his words galvanised everyone !

Especially as the game which those notes were written we lost 4-0.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:30 pm

Not actually sure JR said he was giving Dempster 10 games he said words along the theme of, after 10 games you can assess how things are going and make a judgement etc.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:34 pm

We have 1 point from 9. So to say we have turned a corner is mildly optimistic.
To be honest, Id like a change to avoid his bloody interviews. He should be doing sleeping aid applications.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:57 pm

We drew, and some on here in party mood. Get rid before season ends in Sept
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:40 pm

We played well ,he still has the players lets just go with it for a few games this time next year rodders
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:47 pm

victor A block wrote:We have 1 point from 9. So to say we have turned a corner is mildly optimistic.
To be honest, Id like a change to avoid his bloody interviews. He should be doing sleeping aid applications.

Corners have to start somewhere, vic
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:27 am

I’ve always said a manager should be given until the weekend of the FA Cup 1st round (9th Nov). Unless you are cut adrift at the bottom.

That way he has had time to get his ideas over, and if he has to go, then the new fella gets two weeks training and a “freebie” game to assess the squad, with plenty of games before the transfer window opens to finally make his mind up.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:42 pm

agree.we will be more potent when Maynard gets back.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:55 pm

one game doesn't make a team. lets not forget we didn't win either.

2 more games and nothing less than 4 points should see him gone
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby WVStag » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:22 pm

geoffhill wrote:agree.we will be more potent when Maynard gets back.

Not unless we start producing real quality chances instead stop lumping it to Rose and feeding off loose second balls every time.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:27 pm

WVStag wrote:

Not unless we start producing real quality chances instead stop lumping it to Rose and feeding off loose second balls every time.

Isn't that how Maynard scored against Carlisle? :D
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:45 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
WVStag wrote:

Never mind, my mistake, bobbystagsfan recalls a singular example of Maynard scoring from one of the referred to balls lumped forward for Rose and as a result we shouldn't consider creating higher quality chances, because that one example is clear evidence that what we are currently doing is working :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby The One » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:12 pm

WVStag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
WVStag wrote:

Never mind, my mistake, bobbystagsfan recalls a singular example of Maynard scoring from one of the referred to balls lumped forward for Rose and as a result we shouldn't consider creating higher quality chances, because that one example is clear evidence that what we are currently doing is working :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sure Mc Donald scored one header, so lets lump it to him. All sorted
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:27 am

Think I'm more disillusioned that the Board haven't done anything about what's gone wrong at the club apart from dismiss three sacrificial lambs rather than see what's falling apart in front of their very eyes. How Dempster is still there after the results and performances so far let alone 1 pt from the last 9 and the same return since the Chairman said he'd review things after ten games. .....honestly. ..what's to review?
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum