{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Captain

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Pearce and Captain

Postby Paulstag » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:53 am

Is there more to the Pearce injury than meets the eye?

After the Leyton Orient game JD said that we lacked leadership.
Also everyone can see that Logan and Pearce do not get on and Pearce would rather put the team in trouble by trying to dribble out instead of a simple pass back.
Paulstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Pearce and Captain

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:15 am

Paulstag wrote:Is there more to the Pearce injury than meets the eye?

Also everyone can see that Logan and Pearce do not get on and Pearce would rather put the team in trouble by trying to dribble out instead of a simple pass back.
No.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:45 am

No. Pearce got a an ankle injury in training on Friday and failed a fitness test just before the game.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby spanishstag » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:37 am

Hey ho a post,virtually questioning the integrity of our captain ,pathetic ,saying he would rather put team in trouble than pass it back to logan only on here
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby kyle b » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:11 am

No! But I must say benning was more vocal as a captain than Pearce is
kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby oldweststander » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:12 am

Don't think so.

Pearce is one of our top players, first name on the team sheet, lack of leadership, I only, meant unwillingness of some senior players to take responsibility and show the way.

No reflection at all on the Chief.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby spainmick » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:21 am

I also feel that the defence had more confidence in Logan without Pearce's influence
spainmick
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yellowstagsfan » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:34 pm

Paulstag wrote:Is there more to the Pearce injury than meets the eye?

Stupid Post
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby QuarrydaleStag21 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:22 am

Idiot. Not sure why post's like this are even happening, the clubs not in the best place at the moment and I too am very worried about the past result's, but you cant just attack every single member of Mansfield town and force faults. Pearce has been consistently quality for a very long time and shows great leadership with players and great devotion/ passion towards us fans. How about we stop attacking every single person affiliated with our club and back the boys through this rough spell.

I am aware of the 'snowflake culture' that has developed where our fans like to dig their heads in the sand and ignore poor performances and managerial decisions. Their is without a doubt a cause for concern. But for gods sake people need to have a day off attacking every single aspect of the club at the moment and back the boys rather than bring them down.
QuarrydaleStag21
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:46 am

QuarrydaleStag21 wrote:Idiot. Not sure why post's like this are even happening, the clubs not in the best place at the moment and I too am very worried about the past result's, but you cant just attack every single member of Mansfield town and force faults. Pearce has been consistently quality for a very long time and shows great leadership with players and great devotion/ passion towards us fans. How about we stop attacking every single person affiliated with our club and back the boys through this rough spell.

I am aware of the 'snowflake culture' that has developed where our fans like to dig their heads in the sand and ignore poor performances and managerial decisions. Their is without a doubt a cause for concern. But for gods sake people need to have a day off attacking every single aspect of the club at the moment and back the boys rather than bring them down.

Great post....well done that man
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:29 am

QuarrydaleStag21 wrote:Idiot. Not sure why post's like this are even happening, the clubs not in the best place at the moment and I too am very worried about the past result's, but you cant just attack every single member of Mansfield town and force faults. Pearce has been consistently quality for a very long time and shows great leadership with players and great devotion/ passion towards us fans. How about we stop attacking every single person affiliated with our club and back the boys through this rough spell.

So let me get this straight, you spend most of this post bitching about performances so far, and the rest of it moaning about fans bitching about performances so far?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby QuarrydaleStag21 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:52 am

Sneag wrote:

So let me get this straight, you spend most of this post bitching about performances so far, and the rest of it moaning about fans bitching about performances so far?

The difference is, ill hold my hands up and say results have been poor, they simply haven't been good enough, but at the moment there is so much un-needed negativity around the club that is making the situation 10x worse, this post being an example. I wont bury my head in the sand and say the results have been fine so far, but i wont support stupid uneeded posts that are outing players that have done no wrong.
QuarrydaleStag21
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:45 pm

QuarrydaleStag21 wrote:
Sneag wrote:

The difference is, ill hold my hands up and say results have been poor, they simply haven't been good enough, but at the moment there is so much un-needed negativity around the club that is making the situation 10x worse, this post being an example. I wont bury my head in the sand and say the results have been fine so far, but i wont support stupid uneeded posts that are outing players that have done no wrong.
I agree. Good reply.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby JDW » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:06 pm

The club’s not in the best place at the moment? How so? If you think that you are just an idiot. Best place we have been in for a long time. Name one club in the league with a brighter future than us, with a backing as well as ours. We have this Donohue drama and give away one 2-0 lead and we aren’t in a good place. Crikey.
JDW
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:00 pm

JDW wrote:

The club’s not in the best place at the moment? How so? If you think that you are just an idiot. Best place we have been in for a long time. Name one club in the league with a brighter future than us, with a backing as well as ours. We have this Donohue drama and give away one 2-0 lead and we aren’t in a good place. Crikey.

double crikey
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:02 pm

JDW wrote:

Please no one dignify this with a response.

EDIT: I'm aware of the irony of advocating for no response, with a response. :D
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby QuarrydaleStag21 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:44 am

WVStag wrote:
JDW wrote:

Please no one dignify this with a response.

EDIT: I'm aware of the irony of advocating for no response, with a response. :D

What did I say about snowflake culture
QuarrydaleStag21
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Conker » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:00 am

Anybody know if Pearce is out of contract this season?
Last edited by Conker on Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:22 am

Conker wrote:Anybody know if Pearce is out of contract this summer?

not sure about Pearce but would assume quite a few players are out of contract this season
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:15 am

If, in April 2020, we are set for another season in L2 and I think we can expect plenty of departures.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:53 am

Pearce seemed to be struggling in his last match. Second half he was down on his haunches and not going up for corners.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby WVStag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:35 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:If, in April 2020, we are set for another season in L2 and I think we can expect plenty of departures.

Spot on. This is something I don't think people consider enough.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:47 pm

WVStag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:If, in April 2020, we are set for another season in L2 and I think we can expect plenty of departures.

Spot on. This is something I don't think people consider enough.

Agreed, this is a massive season for many reasons. We need to kick on sharpish!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Captain

Postby Paulstag » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:57 pm

I think that we need to have a new captain.
One that motivate and encourage his team mates.
Unfortunately you never see any of this from Pearce.
Paulstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Captain

Postby WVStag » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:27 pm

Paulstag wrote:I think that we need to have a new captain.
One that motivate and encourage his team mates.
Unfortunately you never see any of this from Pearce.

Did you think this last season as well?
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum