{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New Performance Coach - Drewe Broughton

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New Performance Coach - Drewe Broughton

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:42 am

Beano wrote:
Dan wrote:Wow I thought I’d stumbled on a Brexit forum for a minute. All the spoilt remoaners having a paddy because they didn’t get their own way. Jesus Christ some of you are like children. How about instead of moaning & groaning you actually GET BEHIND the manager of OUR football club & give him a chance fgs. At least if he does fail he’s had a fair crack at it. You lot let Flitcroft fail twice & still want him back yet JD has had 9(!) games & you’re all crying because he’s not been sacked.

Have a look down the A60 & see what sacking managers after 9 games does to you.

Some of you are an embarrassment & should be ashamed of yourselves. Call yourselves supporters? How about you start supporting rather than criticising. :twisted:

You sound like a raging brexiteer, wanting to stick with something that based on all available evidence will be an obvious disaster :lol:

See what I did there ;)

Brexit/Dan, pushing on with the worst decision in our recent history.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:50 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Beano wrote:
Dan wrote:Wow I thought I’d stumbled on a Brexit forum for a minute. All the spoilt remoaners having a paddy because they didn’t get their own way. Jesus Christ some of you are like children. How about instead of moaning & groaning you actually GET BEHIND the manager of OUR football club & give him a chance fgs. At least if he does fail he’s had a fair crack at it. You lot let Flitcroft fail twice & still want him back yet JD has had 9(!) games & you’re all crying because he’s not been sacked.

Some of you are an embarrassment & should be ashamed of yourselves. Call yourselves supporters? How about you start supporting rather than criticising. :twisted:

You sound like a raging brexiteer, wanting to stick with something that based on all available evidence will be an obvious disaster :lol:

See what I did there ;)

Opinions eh?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:55 am

Should the Stags gain promotion, Brexit go like a well oiled machine and country be on its uppers what would we all moan about next summer???

Possibly the medication I am on.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:55 am

cambridgestag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Tell you what... He is a man who can influence things. A great public speaker. He would have been useful last season.

Really? Give the players a cuddle and ask them how they’re feeling. And that will propel us up to league?

Is it not worth a try? Or do you want us to fail?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:03 am

Has it been announced whether Drew is full time or just consulting?

The club announcement said "he has a string of clients".
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:07 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Beano wrote:

See what I did there ;)

Opinions eh?

Well we agree about Dempster, Woody.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:16 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Beano wrote:

See what I did there ;)

Opinions eh?

Well we agree about Dempster, Woody.

But not about Brexit :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:35 am

Good luck to Drewe Broughton at the Stags in his role as Performance Coach. Hopefully he can deliver the results and get us up the League. He reminds me a bit of Danny Cowley.

I've also received some feedback that Lee Glover is very good at his job. Perhaps the new backroom team can be a turning point in our season.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:58 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Good luck to Drewe Broughton at the Stags in his role as Performance Coach. Hopefully he can deliver the results and get us up the League. He reminds me a bit of Danny Cowley.

I've also received some feedback that Lee Glover is very good at his job. Perhaps the new backroom team can be a turning point in our season.

I truly hope so Darren, however only time will tell
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:21 am

cambridgestag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Tell you what... He is a man who can influence things. A great public speaker. He would have been useful last season.

Really? Give the players a cuddle and ask them how they’re feeling. And that will propel us up to league?

And theres the comment of someone who's never successfully managed a team. Every individual needs to be treated differently. Everything he says is spot on about what he does and why.

The reason Team GB won their first group medal at an olympics in 100 years in 2012 was because they finally let in this side of mental preparation into their training and didnt see it as being weak minded, they've credited it massively. If a guy like this can help players go out and play with out fear and perform to their best yes that will propel us up the league.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:25 am

Just listened to Drewe. Certainly says all the right things - as you'd expect from someone who does what he does. But very encouraging. Hopefully he can make the difference. Something has been wrong with the squad / dressing room for a while now and fingers crossed he can fix it.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:37 am

I am Spartacus wrote:Should the Stags gain promotion, Brexit go like a well oiled machine and country be on its uppers what would we all moan about next summer???

Possibly the medication I am on.

Don't get used to them with Brexit around the corner.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:22 pm

Do not get this. Says it all when we want this guy calling the shots!!!
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:32 pm

All these mystic megs who know what’s going to happen in the future. Funny how we’re in all this uncertainty yet The U.K. economy grew at its fastest pace in 6 months in July...
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby manssmooth » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:40 pm

Dan wrote:All these mystic megs who know what’s going to happen in the future. Funny how we’re in all this uncertainty yet The U.K. economy grew at its fastest pace in 6 months in July...

Now Dan you know that the remoaners are always right and can see into the future, and the brexiteers are just silly little children who know nothing and knew not what they were voting for. :roll: :lol:
Fear Naught
manssmooth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:44 pm

Listening to him, makes me definitely think JD is going nowhere. Get behind em now and see where we go!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby SuffolkStag » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:48 pm

Dan wrote:All these mystic megs who know what’s going to happen in the future. Funny how we’re in all this uncertainty yet The U.K. economy grew at its fastest pace in 6 months in July...

Exactly. And that improvement in economic growth came a mere two months after JD was appointed manager.

Coincidence? I think not.
SuffolkStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby geoffhill » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:03 pm

Agree with Dan.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:39 pm

Well I know what's happening in the UK housing market and real estate industry. What does the U.K. economy grew at its fastest pace in 6 months in July... Mean?

Does it mean that since the referendum we've been in a pre-recessionary environment hovering above 0.5% growth.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:49 pm

You are wasting your time offering actual insight based on experience in the industry AWC. The Stagsnet experts will always know better.

The Dunning-Kruger effect is often in full flow when reading this board
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:58 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:You are wasting your time offering actual insight based on experience in the industry AWC. The Stagsnet experts will always know better.

Still waiting for you to tell us what JD did so wrong the other night that you still haven’t answered.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:07 pm

Dan wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:You are wasting your time offering actual insight based on experience in the industry AWC. The Stagsnet experts will always know better.

Still waiting for you to tell us what JD did so wrong the other night that you still haven’t answered.

Still wanting to know what a qualifies you to comment on the impact Brexit has on the UK economy.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:12 pm

Still wanting to know what this has to do with Stags and Drewe Broughton...talk about hijacking a thread
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:14 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:Still wanting to know what this has to do with Stags and Drewe Broughton...talk about hijacking a thread

Fair play.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:52 pm

I'm not sure that you asked me that question Dan?

My opinion though is that he played 5 at the back with 2 defensive midfielders, and the front 3 were not overly creative players. So for me what he did wrong on the night was pick defensive minded team with not enough creativity on the pitch. I was perplexed that Khan only got onto the pitch at 3-0 down. That for me was poor decision making.

I thought that Tuesday should not be viewed as a single result, but looked at as the culmination of 2 months of really poor management. Even after today's improved performance, its as clear as day that the players are not up to scratch for either fitness or discipline.

I also thought that Cambridge allowed our defenders to play lots of passes between them by sitting in a low block and waiting for an aimless ball forward, which proved to be an effective strategy evidenced by their clean sheet.

After the first few games Dempster went on record to say that the players were hitting higher fitness measurements than the previous season. We have since sacked the fitness coach, which suggest to me that he was not telling the truth.

I am currently a concerned by Dempster's habit of pointing the finger at everyone but himself, which to me shows a lack of leadership and indicates why the players have not looked motivated.

Hopefully Broughton's character will be infectious on the team and we can turn things around, but I am sceptical.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum