{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New Performance Coach - Drewe Broughton

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New Performance Coach - Drewe Broughton

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:41 pm

James wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-two/05-october-2018/

Thats what the league table looked like after we had played 10 games. Still time to turn it around but we've got to start turning out the wins.

I'm not sure how many times this has to be said, but on the whole after 10 games last season, the performances were 10x better than this season. And there were clear positives in the side like Bishop, the defence, the goalkeeper, Tyler.

This season, there is none of that.

I totally get your point. It was one I have made a few times this season. I was merely pointing out that the season isn't over yet, some seem to have wrote it off already.

The Port Vale game was reminiscent of the performances last season. The cambridge game was the same, until Preston got a bit giddy. We are showing signs that we may actually have turned a corner. Whether we then crash into the sidings or go on a run remains to be seen. JD isn't going anywhere soon. JR ignored some fans crying out for Cox to get sacked in both the play off season and the championship season. I can't see him getting rid so soon into the season.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:20 pm

Gazza I really like you optimism and it is often a breath of fresh air when I see your comments, but the first half against Cambridge was nowhere near the same standard as the first half of last season.

I can't comment against Port Vale as I wasn't there.

The club media dept has worked hard to put a positive spin on things, but don't believe the hype.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:13 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Stoney wrote:
zod wrote:Bobby Olejnik seen at Kings Mill Hospital yesterday clutching his hand?

We are having no luck this season.

Any Comms on this or is it baloney?

I had heard it was true from my friend.

Bobby just confirmed it. He has just put a photo of his hand on Instagram, it looks rate sore.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:21 am

kevin kents tasce wrote:Gazza I really like you optimism and it is often a breath of fresh air when I see your comments, but the first half against Cambridge was nowhere near the same standard as the first half of last season.

I can't comment against Port Vale as I wasn't there.

The club media dept has worked hard to put a positive spin on things, but don't believe the hype.

I try to be positive., I also try to choose my words carefully. When I say reminiscent I meant it was showing signs of performances last season. It is the same squad after all. we know what they can do, when on form. The differences are Kellan Gordon and Nicky Maynard. Gordon, for me, has been the pick of the defence so far this season (his only costly mistake was smashing the ball out for a corner at 90+4 last week) and Maynard has had a decent start. I'm not too concerned with our goalscoring, it's at an acceptable level for me. The concern has been the defence. We looked like we had sorted that out the past couple of games (barring Preston's stupidity again).

We've not been great at defending set pieces for years,. I blame the stupid minimum 10 players in our own box tactic.

I'm under no illusions that the performances have been unacceptable, bar 2.5 games.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum