{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

It’s time John

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: It’s time John

Postby oldnic » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:47 pm

Just a suggestion, JD given 10 games to prove his ability, which runs out saturday, he steps down, retained in another position at the club. A gentlemans agreement, possibly
oldnic
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:48 pm

oldnic wrote:Just a suggestion, JD given 10 games to prove his ability, which runs out saturday, he steps down, retained in another position at the club. A gentlemans agreement, possibly

I think everyone is of the same thought process. But what’s going to change on Saturday that’s going to change things?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:13 am

When Hymas had his rant on Facebook, he mentioned that Demps had been offered positions elsewhere due to his success with the youth team, but was persuaded to stay here.
I wonder if any of these positions would still be available to him (I assume at youth coaching level) and he would happily take the clean break from the club?

Will his reputation as a coach be hurt by the fact he couldn't translate his youth success into first coaching?
Hopefully he will be kept on, but personally I can't see him wanting to stay given how toxic it has been from the idiotic minority.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:02 am

Rob, where is your perceived silent majority?
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby wayno cordiniho » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:53 am

tuopolfpilf wrote:Rob, where is your perceived silent majority?

I think he was saying a minority have been toxic (as in over the line with it) rather than a majority have been silent
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:10 am

wayno cordiniho wrote:
tuopolfpilf wrote:Rob, where is your perceived silent majority?

I think he was saying a minority have been toxic (as in over the line with it) rather than a majority have been silent

Yes, I was referring to the idiots with the eff off and die type comments.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:37 am

Tick Tock Town come on let’s not waste another 90 mins, get it done now so we can all move on

we all want the best for our club don’t we
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby nick_stags » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:43 am

yorkshire stag wrote:Tick Tock Town come on let’s not waste another 90 mins, get it done now so we can all move on

For Christ's sake man give it a rest. We know you want him out but you're putting a 'tick tock' on an honest guy losing his livelihood.

Show some class.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:16 am

nick_stags wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Tick Tock Town come on let’s not waste another 90 mins, get it done now so we can all move on

For Christ's sake man give it a rest. We know you want him out but you're putting a 'tick tock' on an honest guy losing his livelihood.

Show some class.

really :roll:

from the position of “manager” yes, honest loyal guy he seems i agree & a place back with the youth set up would be fantastic, at no point would i ever want him to lose his livelihood, nothing to do with ‘class’ it’s to do with us not winning football games and falling apart this season, my God it’s a football manager this happens every week, we need to do what needs to be done and quick in the best interests of ALL parties, it’s got nothing to do with class .

Wake up smell the coffee
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:22 am

Yorkshire if you want to rush another appointment, well that’s idiotic and what’s got us in this positon.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:26 am

Conker wrote:Yorkshire if you want to rush another appointment, well that’s idiotic and what’s got us in this positon.

JD's appointment was not rushed, it was planned for years.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:29 am

Conker wrote:Yorkshire if you want to rush another appointment, well that’s idiotic and what’s got us in this positon.

i didn’t say that youth did i ?, i want JD off the pressure cooker, the poor bloke needs a break put an interim one in until we appoint, that’s what i want!

i wouldn’t wish another 90 mins on him
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:34 am

yorkshire stag wrote:

i didn’t say that youth did i ?, i want JD off the pressure cooker, the poor bloke needs a break put an interim one in until we appoint, that’s what i want!

What decent manager is taking it on the interim? It’s not gunna benefit, he will be replaced once we have found a proper replacement if it’s going to happen.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:37 am

MTFCMusings wrote:

If you believe that, you'll be believe anything.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:54 am

James wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Do you honestly think that Dempster didn't know he was getting the job before Flitcroft was sacked?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:02 am

Knowing and planned for years is a completely different thing than being brought into the frame 24 or 48 hours before DF was dismissed is what I think Jamie is alluding to.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:02 am

Conker wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

What decent manager is taking it on the interim? It’s not gunna benefit, he will be replaced once we have found a proper replacement if it’s going to happen.

i said ‘interim’ not decent, JD needs an arm round him and a break you can see it in his eyes, jobs not for him not yet anyway, i cannot see the reasoning in putting him and the club through another 90 mins, put Bish n Copper up for a couple of games if need be that’s what i’m saying.

it’s not for the want of trying, it’s plain as day the jobs not for him i’m not being nasty or showing no class it’s being honest
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:03 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:Knowing and planned for years is a completely different thing than being brought into the frame 24 or 48 hours before DF was dismissed is what I think Jamie is alluding to.

Surely you're not calling Steve Hymas a liar ;)
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:08 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
Conker wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

i said ‘interim’ not decent, JD needs an arm round him and a break you can see it in his eyes, jobs not for him not yet anyway, i cannot see the reasoning in putting him and the club through another 90 mins, put Bish n Copper up for a couple of games if need be that’s what i’m saying.

it’s not for the want of trying, it’s plain as day the jobs not for him i’m not being nasty or showing no class it’s being honest

And I said you not get a ‘interim’ manager that’s ‘decent’ I don’t think Dempster is thinking ‘Christ I cannot wait for a break’ right now, I can’t read that through eyes like some mind :lol:

He’s a fully grown adult that’s already had a entire playing career in football, stop making out he’s some kid that cannot handle pressure.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Gruff » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:16 am

In Brian Clough's first season as manager, Derby County finished 18th in Division Two. From the end of September until the end of the campaign, his team won just six league games.

Would he have been given a second chance in the Twitter era?
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:18 am

if you cannot see it in his interviews then you may need to check your internet connection, he’s a dead man walking, if the club care about him they should ask him to step down and take a break!
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:07 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
James wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Do you honestly think that Dempster didn't know he was getting the job before Flitcroft was sacked?

No, but i am doubting that this has been planned for years.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:14 am

Gruff wrote:In Brian Clough's first season as manager, Derby County finished 18th in Division Two. From the end of September until the end of the campaign, his team won just six league games.

To blame it on the modern football fan is very naive. There's been nothing in the 4/5 months that Dempster has been in charge that has shown he's up to the job. If anything, it's been getting worse every week since he's been in charge. There's no signs of progress on or off the pitch.

I'm all for giving managers time. I actually think we're fairly patient with managers (Murray being a prime example), but sometimes it's just very obvious its not working.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:42 am

Gruff wrote:In Brian Clough's first season as manager, Derby County finished 18th in Division Two. From the end of September until the end of the campaign, his team won just six league games.

He wouldn't have even made it this far! :lol:

Personally, i think most have sobered up to the 'another year in L2' likelihood, but maybe a vocal minority are still drunk on the 'promotion at all costs' perhaps?
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:49 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

He wouldn't have even made it this far! :lol:

Personally, i think most have sobered up to the 'another year in L2' likelihood, but maybe a vocal minority are still drunk on the 'promotion at all costs' perhaps?

Actually the vocal majority are starting to fear relegation to the Conference and as things stand would accept another year in League 2 if that was offered.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum