{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Radford’s Programme statement

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Radford Statement

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:38 pm

Post match interview is now out.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:41 pm

bux46 wrote:There was nothing on radio Mansfield

There is never anything on Radio Mansfield
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:46 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:51 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

show some passion, show me it hurt ?

:twisted:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby tinman » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:00 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

Thats ten minutes of my life I'll not get back
Zzzzzzz
First Stags Match Stags 0 Crewe 0, 14th September 1974
tinman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby kevin kents tasce » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:01 pm

A bit disappointing that he never once showed any indication that he might have got something wrong.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:04 pm

tinman wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Thats ten minutes of my life I'll not get back
Zzzzzzz

I don’t think he believes it himself. He seems hardly able to keep eye contact with the interviewer and keeps looking out of what I presume is the exit.
I think that says it all.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:07 pm

Totally soporific - Stevo and “it’s tough to take” Dempster.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:40 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Jamie wrote:This thread title is a bit misleading now...

Did JD do a post match?

Yes, he said we played well, defended well and Matt Preston was unlucky :lol:

Yet another total misrepresentation of what he said. He was very critical of Preston and also of the way we reacted after going 2 down..
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Dan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:38 am

kevin kents tasce wrote:A bit disappointing that he never once showed any indication that he might have got something wrong.

What did he get wrong?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:52 am

MTFCMusings wrote:

Can’t find anything wrong in here. Says everything that most of us saw & felt. Whoever shouted the abuse at him is a disgrace & should never be allowed back inside Field Mill ever again. Also those who chanted that they want Dempster out, you are an embarrassment & should be ashamed of yourselves. We’ve had 9 games & have been unlucky in a few of them with stupid decisions by players like tonight (Preston) & lack of finishing (CJ, Cook). Once we start getting the rub of the green I think we’ll be ok.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby adsstag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:53 am

Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Can’t find anything wrong in here. Says everything that most of us saw & felt. Whoever shouted the abuse at him is a disgrace & should never be allowed back inside Field Mill ever again. Also those who chanted that they want Dempster out, you are an embarrassment & should be ashamed of yourselves. We’ve had 9 games & have been unlucky in a few of them with stupid decisions by players like tonight (Preston) & lack of finishing (CJ, Cook). Once we start getting the rub of the green I think we’ll be ok.

Paying customers have a right to vent their opinion if they are not happy. You can clearly see that we have two main issues with fitness and team discipline. We do not look fit as a team and it’s one of the reasons why we keep getting these 2-3 week injuries. Regarding discipline, I think the 4 red cards, Preston’s bird to the ql (although I didn’t read that) end and the infamous night out tells us enough.

Dempster is Mansfield through and through and the majority of fans wanted this experiment to be successful. Maybe it was just a year too soon especially with the playoff hangover we have. Some players may disagree with the DF sacking, Preston being one of them.

The crowds will Start to decline if nothing changes. I see no way back for Dempster, I for one would love to see him turn it around but it just isn’t going to happen. You can not be unlucky in all 9 games!
adsstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:00 am

adsstag wrote:
Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Paying customers have a right to vent their opinion if they are not happy. You can clearly see that we have two main issues with fitness and team discipline. We do not look fit as a team and it’s one of the reasons why we keep getting these 2-3 week injuries. Regarding discipline, I think the 4 red cards, Preston’s bird to the ql (although I didn’t read that) end and the infamous night out tells us enough.

Dempster is Mansfield through and through and the majority of fans wanted this experiment to be successful. Maybe it was just a year too soon especially with the playoff hangover we have. Some players may disagree with the DF sacking, Preston being one of them.

The crowds will Start to decline if nothing changes. I see no way back for Dempster, I for one would love to see him turn it around but it just isn’t going to happen. You can not be unlucky in all 9 games!

Are you for real ?
Hoping someone dies is acceptable to you ?

You’re an idiot.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Re: Radford’s Programme statement

Postby kevin kents tasce » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:26 am

I thought he was defending the Dempster out chants rather than those comments.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby adsstag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:35 am

bellwhiff wrote:
adsstag wrote:
Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Are you for real ?
Hoping someone dies is acceptable to you ?

You’re an idiot.

Moaning about personal abuse with personal abuse - the irony.

I was referring the Dempster out chants. The fan who told Demeter to die needs to be identified and banned! I’ve said that on another forum.

But thanks for the insult!
adsstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ParisStag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:46 am

In general, paying customers have the right to vent their criticism if the product doesn't meet their standards, but football is different. We're supporters, not customers. Our job is to support. Demps has lost my confidence, but I would never vocally express that. It doesn't serve any purpose.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:09 am

If The Radfords are less hands on now, then maybe someone like Dearden to oversee things and Parkin as manager would be a good fit
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:56 pm

JD looks on the verge of a breakdown in that interview. You can see the hurt. Hopefully he packs in before it gets worse.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:01 pm

Agreed. Those saying he showed no emotion shouldn’t apply for any body language or psychology courses anytime soon. You can hear it in his voice.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:03 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:JD looks on the verge of a breakdown in that interview. You can see the hurt. Hopefully he packs in before it gets worse.

Id love for him to get the win he desperately needs. Hard to watch, he's gutted and you know he cares about this club.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:19 pm

Dan wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:A bit disappointing that he never once showed any indication that he might have got something wrong.

What did he get wrong?

Ive been thinking same thing...
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:01 pm

Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Dan you do realise it was coming from the entire of Q block i.e. the singing block.

Rumbles started after the first goal but started gaining momentum after the second goal went in.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:29 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Dan you do realise it was coming from the entire of Q block i.e. the singing block.

Rumbles started after the first goal but started gaining momentum after the second goal went in.

Q block is crap now :lol: it's just full of moaners and 12 year olds who just do the w Anker signs to the opposing fans
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:31 pm

I know where it came from. Q block & the middle bit of Quarry Lane. They were singing it whilst walking out of the ground before the game had finished & at 0-2. Great support that is....
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:44 pm

Q Block is full of boneheads and children, who were on the run from the 'feds' before the game. Pathetic.

TBH, the Dempster Out chants don't bother me so much, but I've never understood the 'we're f'ing raspberry' chant. What a ridiculous thing to sing.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum