{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dempster interview & EFL highlights

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Dempster interview & EFL highlights

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:50 pm

Discuss...

Last edited by Son Of Sherwood on Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: EFL highlights

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:05 pm

Danny Rose not squaring the ball was so frustrating for Maynard, no wonder he threw his arms up...game changing moments like that cost points.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Dempster interview & EFL highlights

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:15 pm

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:30 pm

So let me understand that right.....if we had got a point from a game we lost and therefore didnt....and add that to the point we might get from a home game we should win then we'd have two points........rather than one... jeez......it really must be me.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:37 pm

You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:50 pm

Great penalty save.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:22 pm

Purely viewing those highlights we should have won. Hang your head Danny, not passing to Maynard was unforgivable.
Logan’s penalty save was premier league standard, so well done Conrad.
Frustrating.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:33 pm

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby sw19stag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:40 pm

Well played today Conrad.
It's just a pity the 10 players in front of you were such a let down.
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:42 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:So let me understand that right.....if we had got a point from a game we lost and therefore didnt....and add that to the point we might get from a home game we should win then we'd have two points........rather than one... jeez......it really must be me.

It wasn’t just you, trust me.

I’m still trying to work it out.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:07 am

Uninspiring
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:14 am

Even Conrad says “we want to come here and get a point”.

Those comments at the pre season forum about being cautious away from home, ringing true!

We should be on the front foot wanting to win EVERY game.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:32 am

I thought Conrad's interview was honest and on the money. The table will look entirely different come the end of October and I still believe we will be in the top 7 at that stage.

We still have some big players on the sidelines and the team could be unsettled for a couple of weeks yet. When they are back, we will move onwards and upwards. As the saying goes form is temporary and I expect the likes of Pearce and Benning to get a bit of confidence back allowing the midfield to work more smoothly.

The chances were there yesterday, and we deserved and should have got a point. Football is not an exact science as some seem to think and it can kick you in the teeth at times. We will get our heads up, work hard and will be there come Easter. The other teams are also league two standard and each will have their own periods of inconsistency and drop points.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Re: EFL highlights

Postby halifaxstag » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:58 am

CassellsCap wrote:Danny Rose not squaring the ball was so frustrating for Maynard, no wonder he threw his arms up...game changing moments like that cost points.

Of course that would have been the better option ( I was shouting for Danny to pass it at the time) but he is an on form striker so it is not unexpected for him to shoot. No guarantee that Maynard would have scored either.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby halifaxstag » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:01 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:So let me understand that right.....if we had got a point from a game we lost and therefore didnt....and add that to the point we might get from a home game we should win then we'd have two points........rather than one... jeez......it really must be me.

I think that what he had in his head was that if we got a point at Crawley and a point at home to Cambridge it wouldn’t be as good as one win. He didn’t say it very well at all though.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:37 am

halifaxstag wrote:

I think that what he had in his head was that if we got a point at Crawley and a point at home to Cambridge it wouldn’t be as good as one win. He didn’t say it very well at all though.

How about thinking about six points, he hasn't a positive thought in his head!!!!!!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:49 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
halifaxstag wrote:

How about thinking about six points, he hasn't a positive thought in his head!!!!!!!

God forbid he should do that Woody! ! Let's focus on 35 draws and see if that's ok?
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:50 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
halifaxstag wrote:

He's trying to be solid and defensive so we don't lose, but ironically, it's that set up that leads to us losing.

It's Adam Murray all over again.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:52 pm

My God! Listening to JD is absolutely soporific
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum