{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

carolyn

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: carolyn

Postby WVStag » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:09 am

my name is jonas wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
my name is jonas wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
my name is jonas wrote:Do not get why folk think teams should roll over for us and we should win 3-0 every game like we’re the Harlem globetrotters.

If the radfords did one and had enough, imo we should half blame the idiots hounding at the club/management after every single loss. Typical twitter/fb generation, obviously not on par with twitter posts being racist to every pen miss to prem games but just general super negative to anything that doesn’t go there way. Pathetic by the moaners in our fan base who prob take up 80% of it.

People don’t expect us to win every game, but they do expect us to perform better, in both results and style, against Morecambe (twice), Leyton Orient, Crawley and Stevenage. Considering the money we’ve pumped in over the past few years as we’ve so openly targeted promotion, I think that’s completely understandable.

We had 20 shots today. It’s not like we are stood about scratching our arse. Too many moaners, can’t be dealing with it me. Heard everyone moaning when we won last week and bored me to sleep.
I think all the 50/50 Mansfield/Liverpool fans should just concentrate on Liverpool, mixing us up too much this season.

Great that we had loads of shots today (they matched us also), now we just need them to go in so we can beat teams that we are more than capable of beating. Surely you can see why people are having a moan and don’t have real belief at the moment that dempster can do it? There’s nothing to substantiate the opinion that he can, it’s just hope currently.

We’ll see where it goes, by the looks of it he will get more time so let’s hope we get our act together sharpish!

Did you shout Klopp out when he bottled the prem last season out of curiosity?

What on actual earth am I reading. What is hard to understand about the point BH is making? Regardless of whether we had 20 shots and they had 19, several times this season we have failed to beat teams we should be beating comfortably IF we are on a so-called promotion push. That is a fact.

You can argue against it all day with 'yeah but we had 1 shot more than them it's not like we stood about scratching our arse' but that simply doesn't wash with people who a) have expectations for this team as supporters and b) know what they're on about.

Some understand it, some don't I guess.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stringy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:09 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:For those not on FB whats being said?

I didn’t sack DF it was a board decision I disagreed with. I also didn’t sack PC or AM or or obviously SE. I’m all for finding a fit that works long time for the football club. For me fighting against male testosterone / wanting to win / dealing with defeat / knowing longevity being key is a real challenge. I will keep fighting with each manager...

We’ve had the best years just not found anyone who can finish off the job

There’s more factors to look at than resorting to just sacking people... it feels like Henry the 8th stuff here
I’m not sacking anyone!!! What a ridiculous idea... I believe in longevity not switching it up always.

You may fight a better fight if you put the new puppies and pout away for at least two posts in a row.

Your comment reinforces CR’s argument, my friend!

Some of the sexism on the Facebook post is horrific. I don't understand what is so difficult about being respectful.

Allow someone to be judged based on the quality of decisions that they have made.

If Carolyn was a bloke she would be applauded for the fantastic steps forward the club has taken over her time as CEO.

The Radfords on the other hand should accept that a little bit of conflict is healthy. There should be a range of opinion. Some will be critical and some will be supportive.

No opinions, no progress.
Stringy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby WVStag » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:13 am

Stringy wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

I didn’t sack DF it was a board decision I disagreed with. I also didn’t sack PC or AM or or obviously SE. I’m all for finding a fit that works long time for the football club. For me fighting against male testosterone / wanting to win / dealing with defeat / knowing longevity being key is a real challenge. I will keep fighting with each manager...

There’s more factors to look at than resorting to just sacking people... it feels like Henry the 8th stuff here
I’m not sacking anyone!!! What a ridiculous idea... I believe in longevity not switching it up always.

You may fight a better fight if you put the new puppies and pout away for at least two posts in a row.

Some of the sexism on the Facebook post is horrific. I don't understand what is so difficult about being respectful.

Allow someone to be judged based on the quality of decisions that they have made.

If Carolyn was a bloke she would be applauded for the fantastic steps forward the club has taken over her time as CEO.

The Radfords on the other hand should accept that a little bit of conflict is healthy. There should be a range of opinion. Some will be critical and some will be supportive.

No opinions, no progress.

Great post. Can’t disagree with any of it.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:35 pm

There is an awful lot of tripe on this board, the DF Out minority have now morphed into the JD Out minority, which if you can be arsed to scroll back, you'll see was predicted. Even worse, the very people keeping our club alive and giving the manager a competitive chance in the FL are now getting stick on sadbook - though my sympathy for that is lessened by the fact that if you use things like FB you have to be prepared for the fact that quite a lot of morons use it too.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:42 pm

Rob wrote:There is an awful lot of tripe on this board, the DF Out minority have now morphed into the JD Out minority, which if you can be arsed to scroll back, you'll see was predicted. Even worse, the very people keeping our club alive and giving the manager a competitive chance in the FL are now getting stick on sadbook - though my sympathy for that is lessened by the fact that if you use things like FB you have to be prepared for the fact that quite a lot of morons use it too.

Is it a minority? I’d wager that over 50% of fans don’t have genuine belief he can take us up. There’s a lot of fans that hope he can, if Dempsters a success then we are a success, but hope and belief are different things.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:46 pm

Not really sure what your point is Rob, other than everyone else is stupid and your clever and know everything?

Wanting DF out was fair enough. Not wanting him to be replaced by a negative rookie was also fair enough. Pointing the finger upstairs to those who made the bad decision is also fair enough.

The likes of CR are happy to use FB when it suits them, so they have to accept that it can work both ways. They've made what looks so far like a duff appointment, they need to own that.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:50 pm

Rob wrote:There is an awful lot of tripe on this board, the DF Out minority have now morphed into the JD Out minority, which if you can be arsed to scroll back, you'll see was predicted. Even worse, the very people keeping our club alive and giving the manager a competitive chance in the FL are now getting stick on sadbook - though my sympathy for that is lessened by the fact that if you use things like FB you have to be prepared for the fact that quite a lot of morons use it too.

I doubt more than 10% of the fan base think Dempster has the ability to be successful . Not a minority . However at the moment that 10% includes the owners , so we will have to wait and see.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:13 pm

It has been said maybe JD been given the role with a more free remit than we think
Maybe it’s long term and JR is happy for an average mid table position to allow for JD and team development together with the progress of the youth thrown in
I find it hard to believe that J R would sanction this approach but with no inside knowledge of anything MT FC have no clue
It’s currently looking like win a few lose a few and odd draws but this equals mid table and if t.his is the development season then will go with that but Iam not convinced.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:20 pm

Jamie wrote:Not really sure what your point is Rob, other than everyone else is stupid and your clever and know everything?

Wanting DF out was fair enough. Not wanting him to be replaced by a negative rookie was also fair enough. Pointing the finger upstairs to those who made the bad decision is also fair enough.

The likes of CR are happy to use FB when it suits them, so they have to accept that it can work both ways. They've made what looks so far like a duff appointment, they need to own that.

Furthermore it was a duff appointment they didn't need to make.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:46 pm

tillydog123 wrote:Maybe it’s long term and JR is happy for an average mid table position to allow for JD and team development together with the progress of the youth thrown in.

Aside from JD who has told us that promotion is the expectation this year.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:50 pm

The minority wording is very unfair, but like a lot of stuff on here he knows that but says it to back up his mardy act. It doesn’t have to be true, if it helps him make a post it’s happening :D
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:30 pm

Jamie wrote:Not really sure what your point is Rob, other than everyone else is stupid and your clever and know everything?

A condescending post from Amber Rob?! I don’t believe it :lol:
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:23 pm

Can we all club together and buy Rob a season ticket at Bolton? Preferably next to the dugout so he can tell Flitcroft how brilliant he is constantly.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:20 pm

I sort of expected the reponse, we've done so well since sacking DF as it was so very clearly the right thing to do and of course it is only right we abuse the owners who put in their hard earned cash to subsidise our club. Truly our club does not deserve fans like you. Maybe Jamie we'd be better off under your mate Haslam, it was his club so he could do with it what he wants. As for the other posts, again, expected from those who abused our former manager and now abuse our current manager. One day soon you will look in the mirror and realise that you are, in fact, a dick :lol:

If the likes of Conker, Jamie, Random et al wish to align themselves with those who abuse our owners, so be it, that's up to you, so glad I don't know you. It is you who deserve an owner like Haslam, maybe you are too young or too stupid to remember what things were like then.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:26 pm

Rob wrote:Maybe Jamie we'd be better off under your mate Haslam, it was his club so he could do with it what he wants.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :hysteria: :hysteria:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:20 am

Your just embarrassing yourself Rob. If the best you can do is be abusive while criticising others for being abusive, you've lost whatever point your trying to make.

It's pretty very sad that you have to use Haslam to try and score a point 20 years on. All you've done is made my point for me though.

Your like a salty brexit remainer. So upset you lost (your pal DF) that your now just thrashing around aimlessly in a pool of your own tears, abusing everyone who doesn't agree with you. Take your own advice and have a good look in the mirror.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:29 pm

Do you think John and Carolyn have crisis management meetings at the breakfast table? You can't think the Twitter and Facebook comments go unread and not discussed can you?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:39 pm

Rob, who compiled your survey of fans when deciding the minority??,,,,?????
My opinion is that it was probably 65% 35% in favour of DF out and very similar now
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Big yella » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:17 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

No it doesn’t, it clearly undermines her own. She talks about wanting to be taken seriously and not have her looks or sexuality brought into it. Then puts posts out there about club business in next to nothing and one of those stupid fish pouts.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby JLStag » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:53 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
oldweststander wrote:I hope Carolyn has learnt a lesson.

She is apparently the clubs CEO, she has a collective responsibility, whoever makes the ultimate decisions she should show a united front or go back to the swimming pool.

I am embarrassed by the pictures she posts, I'm no prude believe me, but what she does is so naff, worse than Victoria Beckham's style of years ago.

She prances around on the pitch, drowning in apparent adulation, it's a embarrassing joke.

That's my final answer Jeremy.

Whatever you think about her, without Carolyn and John we probably wouldn't have a football club anymore or we'd probably still be floundering in the conference. They've done a hell of a lot for our club and have put serious money and love on the pitch and off it.

No, he has put serious money in to the club.
JLStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby oldweststander » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:47 am

JLStag,

So her husband putting in serious money allows her to do what she does, OK I understand your point but IMO what she does on Facebook etc is naff and embarrassing.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby JLStag » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:02 am

oldweststander wrote:JLStag,

So her husband putting in serious money allows her to do what she does, OK I understand your point but IMO what she does on Facebook etc is naff and embarrassing.

No i absolutely agree, makes me cringe. The Maynard signing video was the worst thing i've ever seen
JLStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:33 am

A mate of mine was sat next to Carolyn Radford in Portugal yesterday. She wasn’t particularly quiet about the recent burglary and the three rolexes and diamond ring they had stolen apparently.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:10 am

Sorry JLStag, misinterpreted your post.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:53 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:A mate of mine was sat next to Carolyn Radford in Portugal yesterday. She wasn’t particularly quiet about the recent burglary and the three rolexes and diamond ring they had stolen apparently.

Dont put on social media you will be away from home....simples, and surely they have alarm system?
The One
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum