{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

carolyn

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: carolyn

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:11 pm

my name is jonas wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
my name is jonas wrote:Do not get why folk think teams should roll over for us and we should win 3-0 every game like we’re the Harlem globetrotters.

If the radfords did one and had enough, imo we should half blame the idiots hounding at the club/management after every single loss. Typical twitter/fb generation, obviously not on par with twitter posts being racist to every pen miss to prem games but just general super negative to anything that doesn’t go there way. Pathetic by the moaners in our fan base who prob take up 80% of it.

People don’t expect us to win every game, but they do expect us to perform better, in both results and style, against Morecambe (twice), Leyton Orient, Crawley and Stevenage. Considering the money we’ve pumped in over the past few years as we’ve so openly targeted promotion, I think that’s completely understandable.

We had 20 shots today. It’s not like we are stood about scratching our arse. Too many moaners, can’t be dealing with it me. Heard everyone moaning when we won last week and bored me to sleep.
I think all the 50/50 Mansfield/Liverpool fans should just concentrate on Liverpool, mixing us up too much this season.

Great that we had loads of shots today (they matched us also), now we just need them to go in so we can beat teams that we are more than capable of beating. Surely you can see why people are having a moan and don’t have real belief at the moment that dempster can do it? There’s nothing to substantiate the opinion that he can, it’s just hope currently.

We’ll see where it goes, by the looks of it he will get more time so let’s hope we get our act together sharpish!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:15 pm

We had 20 shots. They had 19. As I said elsewhere we could have won it, they did win it, and a draw would have been a fair result. It was a good game. We lost. We don’t like that. We played some decent stuff. We move on.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby my name is jonas » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:17 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
my name is jonas wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
my name is jonas wrote:Do not get why folk think teams should roll over for us and we should win 3-0 every game like we’re the Harlem globetrotters.

If the radfords did one and had enough, imo we should half blame the idiots hounding at the club/management after every single loss. Typical twitter/fb generation, obviously not on par with twitter posts being racist to every pen miss to prem games but just general super negative to anything that doesn’t go there way. Pathetic by the moaners in our fan base who prob take up 80% of it.

People don’t expect us to win every game, but they do expect us to perform better, in both results and style, against Morecambe (twice), Leyton Orient, Crawley and Stevenage. Considering the money we’ve pumped in over the past few years as we’ve so openly targeted promotion, I think that’s completely understandable.

We had 20 shots today. It’s not like we are stood about scratching our arse. Too many moaners, can’t be dealing with it me. Heard everyone moaning when we won last week and bored me to sleep.
I think all the 50/50 Mansfield/Liverpool fans should just concentrate on Liverpool, mixing us up too much this season.

Great that we had loads of shots today (they matched us also), now we just need them to go in so we can beat teams that we are more than capable of beating. Surely you can see why people are having a moan and don’t have real belief at the moment that dempster can do it? There’s nothing to substantiate the opinion that he can, it’s just hope currently.

We’ll see where it goes, by the looks of it he will get more time so let’s hope we get our act together sharpish!

Did you shout Klopp out when he bottled the prem last season out of curiosity?
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby my name is jonas » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:20 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:We had 20 shots. They had 19. As I said elsewhere we could have won it, they did win it, and a draw would have been a fair result. It was a good game. We lost. We don’t like that. We played some decent stuff. We move on.

Get off this board you sense talking, thought processed, actually gone to game to thinking individual.
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:22 pm

my name is jonas wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
my name is jonas wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

Did you shout Klopp out when he bottled the prem last season out of curiosity?

Christ, what on earth are you talking about? I’m out :lol:

And just for the record, Liverpool are the last club I care about :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:26 pm

my name is jonas wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:We had 20 shots. They had 19. As I said elsewhere we could have won it, they did win it, and a draw would have been a fair result. It was a good game. We lost. We don’t like that. We played some decent stuff. We move on.

Get off this board you sense talking, thought processed, actually gone to game to thinking individual.

Cheers Jonas. I’m very disappointed but can I say it one last time (with your support) we played OK. I was there, I watched every minute (two short pee breaks aside). We really did play OK. Better than Exeter. 200 per cent better (no chances and never looked like scoring). Arguably better than Scunthorpe too.
Last edited by NorthLondonStag on Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:27 pm

WVStag wrote:"I'm not sacking anyone!!! What a ridiculous idea... I believe in longevity not switching it up always"

Absolutely laughable. What a moronic thing to say. What IS a ridiculous idea is to stick with the current manager, who you know is not going to cut it, because you're too stubborn to recognise you got this appointment wrong and as a result will wait til it's far too late to get rid and replace him.

As for the longevity remark, that might make sense if we were clearly saying the groundwork laid for a certain club playing methodology, and the beginnings of a certain transfer or squad policy... but we're not. We are seeing absolute rammel with no clear indication that this is anything other than a flipping disaster.

She's right. I don't do this Facebook rubbish. It causes more problems than it solves.

Well done Carolyn don't let the abusers wear you down.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:31 pm

She needs to delete FB/Twitter.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Ridge » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:46 pm

All those comments/replies from 'Carolyn' on her original post look like a fake account, 100%. Easy for someone to set up an account under the same name, and upload the same photo, then get everyone sucked in with daft comments!
Ridge
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:47 pm

She loves the limelight. If you post on social media you can then get annoyed when people comment on that post with their opinion.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:17 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:For those not on FB whats being said?

I didn’t sack DF it was a board decision I disagreed with. I also didn’t sack PC or AM or or obviously SE. I’m all for finding a fit that works long time for the football club. For me fighting against male testosterone / wanting to win / dealing with defeat / knowing longevity being key is a real challenge. I will keep fighting with each manager...

We’ve had the best years just not found anyone who can finish off the job

There’s more factors to look at than resorting to just sacking people... it feels like Henry the 8th stuff here
I’m not sacking anyone!!! What a ridiculous idea... I believe in longevity not switching it up always.

You may fight a better fight if you put the new puppies and pout away for at least two posts in a row.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:31 pm

Like I said earlier she's right in what she says.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:02 pm

Big yella wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:For those not on FB whats being said?

I didn’t sack DF it was a board decision I disagreed with. I also didn’t sack PC or AM or or obviously SE. I’m all for finding a fit that works long time for the football club. For me fighting against male testosterone / wanting to win / dealing with defeat / knowing longevity being key is a real challenge. I will keep fighting with each manager...

We’ve had the best years just not found anyone who can finish off the job

There’s more factors to look at than resorting to just sacking people... it feels like Henry the 8th stuff here
I’m not sacking anyone!!! What a ridiculous idea... I believe in longevity not switching it up always.

You may fight a better fight if you put the new puppies and pout away for at least two posts in a row.

Your comment reinforces CR’s argument, my friend!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:20 pm

Whoever made the decision to involve dempster as our manager shouldn’t be involved in the next process
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby robbingdog » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:42 pm

Who cares how many shots we’ve had

What was the result? We lost simple as that

Managers are judged on results and nothing else.
When Leicester won the premiership they had a ridiculously
low possession stat but who cared, they won that’s all that matters

Yes we all want to be entertained but if you keep winning games it isnt by fluke
Sadly we can’t win games and the product isn’t very good to watch
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:01 am

There is one cringey stags fan who tries to chat her up on every post. Its social media, not tinder
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Hon Sec » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:46 am

When Flitcroft was here, and towards the end of last season, there was more people on here calling for his head now most are saying he shouldn’t have been sacked. Never happy and constant moaners.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amberheart » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:54 am

Spiritater wrote:the team are a bunch of spunkless bottlers.

Has anyone thought this team don’t want to play for the fans ?
the awful rascism sung at the West Brom game last season, when some of the teams
family were there sat in our stand ., that’s got to hurt .
There has been fan conflict the last two seasons with Flitcroft & Evans too
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:12 am

Amberheart wrote:
Spiritater wrote:the team are a bunch of spunkless bottlers.

Has anyone thought this team don’t want to play for the fans ?
the awful rascism sung at the West Brom game last season, when some of the teams
family were there sat in our stand ., that’s got to hurt .
There has been fan conflict the last two seasons with Flitcroft & Evans too

Grow up youth. The only reason some of these players don't want give everything for the cause is because they are mercenaries only bothered about getting the biggest pay packet possible, treating MTFC as a cash cow. This malaise that we are witnessing now started after Xmas and Flitcroft couldn't sort it. These same players probably think they are too good to be lead by a Youth team Manager as well.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby PRL13 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:57 am

I`ve wanted to give Dempster a chance, but I had to turn off the post match interview. No passion. We have the best squad that we`ve had in ten years, yet we look like finishing nowhere. The Manager needs to manage the team. The players need to play!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:21 am

Hon Sec wrote:When Flitcroft was here, and towards the end of last season, there was more people on here calling for his head now most are saying he shouldn’t have been sacked. Never happy and constant moaners.

Wrong. Flitcroft should have been sacked plain and simple. He failed not once but twice.

The issue is JD was brought in as a gamble and its currently backfiring when someone with a proven track record should have been appointed - If promotion remains the seasons aim.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:38 am

I hope Carolyn has learnt a lesson.

She is apparently the clubs CEO, she has a collective responsibility, whoever makes the ultimate decisions she should show a united front or go back to the swimming pool.

I am embarrassed by the pictures she posts, I'm no prude believe me, but what she does is so naff, worse than Victoria Beckham's style of years ago.

She prances around on the pitch, drowning in apparent adulation, it's a embarrassing joke.

That's my final answer Jeremy.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:40 am

Stags 2002 wrote:
Hon Sec wrote:When Flitcroft was here, and towards the end of last season, there was more people on here calling for his head now most are saying he shouldn’t have been sacked. Never happy and constant moaners.

Wrong. Flitcroft should have been sacked plain and simple. He failed not once but twice.

The issue is JD was brought in as a gamble and its currently backfiring when someone with a proven track record should have been appointed - If promotion remains the seasons aim.

The trouble is though, the 2 previous managers had a proven track record, they spunked away a fortune & achieved nothing.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:42 am

oldweststander wrote:I hope Carolyn has learnt a lesson.

She is apparently the clubs CEO, she has a collective responsibility, whoever makes the ultimate decisions she should show a united front or go back to the swimming pool.

I am embarrassed by the pictures she posts, I'm no prude believe me, but what she does is so naff, worse than Victoria Beckham's style of years ago.

She prances around on the pitch, drowning in apparent adulation, it's a embarrassing joke.

That's my final answer Jeremy.

Whatever you think about her, without Carolyn and John we probably wouldn't have a football club anymore or we'd probably still be floundering in the conference. They've done a hell of a lot for our club and have put serious money and love on the pitch and off it.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:50 am

Sneag wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:

The trouble is though, the 2 previous managers had a proven track record, they spunked away a fortune & achieved nothing.

That's wrong, they finally brought some hope and the crowds slowly rose to a good level in our recent history as we played some decent stuff and there was always something to play for.

Dempsters 'style' of hoofball will eventually lose the new found fans and we'll be back to square one. They need to revaluate if Tuesdays match is another disappointing performance and defeat as the Mill is a flat enough place at the moment and raise the place again with a decent appointment of a new manager.

Uninspiring is being kind to Dempster!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum