{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

carolyn

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

carolyn

Postby bluenyellow » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:36 pm

getting some right pelters on her facebook page wow
Doc said i needed a pacemaker,so ive now got a flippin kenyan 2 yds in front of me everywhere i go.
bluenyellow
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: carolyn

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:47 pm

Some pretty nasty comments coming out too.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:50 pm

For those not on FB whats being said?
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:52 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:For those not on FB whats being said?

I didn’t sack DF it was a board decision I disagreed with. I also didn’t sack PC or AM or or obviously SE. I’m all for finding a fit that works long time for the football club. For me fighting against male testosterone / wanting to win / dealing with defeat / knowing longevity being key is a real challenge. I will keep fighting with each manager...

We’ve had the best years just not found anyone who can finish off the job

There’s more factors to look at than resorting to just sacking people... it feels like Henry the 8th stuff here

I’m not sacking anyone!!! What a ridiculous idea... I believe in longevity not switching it up always.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:54 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

I didn’t sack DF it was a board decision I disagreed with. I also didn’t sack PC or AM or or obviously SE. I’m all for finding a fit that works long time for the football club. For me fighting against male testosterone / wanting to win / dealing with defeat / knowing longevity being key is a real challenge. I will keep fighting with each manager...

There’s more factors to look at than resorting to just sacking people... it feels like Henry the 8th stuff here

I’m not sacking anyone!!! What a ridiculous idea... I believe in longevity not switching it up always.

Thanks Bobby
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:56 pm

"I'm not sacking anyone!!! What a ridiculous idea... I believe in longevity not switching it up always"

Absolutely laughable. What a moronic thing to say. What IS a ridiculous idea is to stick with the current manager, who you know is not going to cut it, because you're too stubborn to recognise you got this appointment wrong and as a result will wait til it's far too late to get rid and replace him.

As for the longevity remark, that might make sense if we were clearly saying the groundwork laid for a certain club playing methodology, and the beginnings of a certain transfer or squad policy... but we're not. We are seeing absolute rammel with no clear indication that this is anything other than a flipping disaster.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:09 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

If she and John didn’t want him sacked they wouldn’t have had to sack him.

NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby julianshatnasty » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:11 pm

I've said it before, it feels like a season of financial consolidation to me. I can't imagine throwing money at it again after the last two years is a particularly appealing thought.

Any new manager would want a new squad, that's what they do. Dempster has obviously taken on the current squad with just two big signings rather than 12 to see what he can achieve.

They have to balance the books sometime.
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby WVStag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:17 pm

julianshatnasty wrote:I've said it before, it feels like a season of financial consolidation to me. I can't imagine throwing money at it again after the last two years is a particularly appealing thought.

Any new manager would want a new squad, that's what they do. Dempster has obviously taken on the current squad with just two big signings rather than 12 to see what he can achieve.

Splashing out coin on Andy Cook, and bringing in Maynard on what will be big wages doesn't exactly say 'balance the books' does it?
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:22 pm

I will keep saying it until I'm (amber and) blue in the face...longevity is the right way to go but only when you have appointed the right man. Only a die hard few still feel he should be the manager and many like myself have been saying from the start that this was a disastrous appointment. Someone posted two or three weeks ago he was a dead man walking....seriously does anyone doubt that by now. Save our season before its a dog fight to avoid joining Chesterfield and Notts County.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby julianshatnasty » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:27 pm

WVStag wrote:
julianshatnasty wrote:I've said it before, it feels like a season of financial consolidation to me. I can't imagine throwing money at it again after the last two years is a particularly appealing thought.

Splashing out coin on Andy Cook, and bringing in Maynard on what will be big wages doesn't exactly say 'balance the books' does it?

It does when you consider who has left, the cheaper manager rather than an expensive one, and the lack of clearout and replacements...
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:29 pm

Facebook - no good comes of it.

To quote The Happy Monday’s from their tune ‘Judge Fudge’ , ‘Have no friends just dial advice’.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:50 pm

I think Sweet Caroline is turning bitter.

I think John Radford needs to make a statement.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby lcfcwigstonblue » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:58 pm

oldweststander wrote:I think Sweet Caroline is turning bitter.

Not bitter at all, they care immensely for the club and believe it or not the few hundred idiots having a pop might bother them occasionally.
lcfcwigstonblue
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amberheart » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:21 pm

I hope the owners don’t think the majority of fans are like that , it’s embarrassing
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:22 pm

lcfcwigstonblue wrote:
oldweststander wrote:I think Sweet Caroline is turning bitter.

Not bitter at all, they care immensely for the club and believe it or not the few hundred idiots having a pop might bother them occasionally.

Idiots will be idiots and as Taylor Swift says ‘Haters gonna hate’ no matter what. Social media adds to the anonymity and fuels this sort of behaviour. Sometimes a prolonged dignified silence will nullify their behaviour.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:30 pm

I am now wondering what input Carolyn had on the appointment of these managers?

PLEASE IF YOU READ THIS BOARD ADVERTISE THE VACANCY whenever it next becomes available......
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:34 pm

Don'tknowwhattothink
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby my name is jonas » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:38 pm

Do not get why folk think teams should roll over for us and we should win 3-0 every game like we’re the Harlem globetrotters.

If the radfords did one and had enough, imo we should half blame the idiots hounding at the club/management after every single loss. Typical twitter/fb generation, obviously not on par with twitter posts being racist to every pen miss to prem games but just general super negative to anything that doesn’t go there way. Pathetic by the moaners in our fan base who prob take up 80% of it.
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:44 pm

To be honest I don’t know what good she thought was going to come of her posting a photo posing and tagging the club straight after a loss.

She’s part of the followers group and can’t be oblivious to the fact there’s a large portion of fans that are not happy with the way things are going, and don’t have any belief in the manager. There was always going to be people saying ‘get rid of the manager’ on her post so surely it didn’t come as a surprise?

Also, everybody would like some longevity in an ideal world, but when something’s not working it can be damaging to just have longevity for longevity’s sake. We’ve built up a good squad over the past few years that we know is capable, we don’t want to let all that unravel now.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:50 pm

my name is jonas wrote:Do not get why folk think teams should roll over for us and we should win 3-0 every game like we’re the Harlem globetrotters.

If the radfords did one and had enough, imo we should half blame the idiots hounding at the club/management after every single loss. Typical twitter/fb generation, obviously not on par with twitter posts being racist to every pen miss to prem games but just general super negative to anything that doesn’t go there way. Pathetic by the moaners in our fan base who prob take up 80% of it.

People don’t expect us to win every game, but they do expect us to perform better, in both results and style, against Morecambe (twice), Leyton Orient, Crawley and Stevenage. Considering the money we’ve pumped in over the past few years as we’ve so openly targeted promotion, I think that’s completely understandable.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby my name is jonas » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:58 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
my name is jonas wrote:Do not get why folk think teams should roll over for us and we should win 3-0 every game like we’re the Harlem globetrotters.

People don’t expect us to win every game, but they do expect us to perform better, in both results and style, against Morecambe (twice), Leyton Orient, Crawley and Stevenage. Considering the money we’ve pumped in over the past few years as we’ve so openly targeted promotion, I think that’s completely understandable.

We had 20 shots today. It’s not like we are stood about scratching our arse. Too many moaners, can’t be dealing with it me. Heard everyone moaning when we won last week and bored me to sleep.
I think all the 50/50 Mansfield/Liverpool fans should just concentrate on Liverpool, mixing us up too much this season.
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:00 pm

Thankfully she doesn’t seem to have much of an influence, given she says she didn’t want rid of Flitcroft, Murray or Cox.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:02 pm

the team are a bunch of spunkless bottlers.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:04 pm

Spiritater wrote:the team are a bunch of spunkless bottlers.

Say what you really mean, I hate it when you get all wordy and don’t get to the point.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum