{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

League 2 Sack Race

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

League 2 Sack Race

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:37 am

Dino Maamria bites the dust at Stevenage - P69 W24 D15 L30, Win Rate:34.8%

Finished 10th (Joint 8th) last season. 1 point off the play offs. W20 D10 L16

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49631589
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Re: League 2 Sack Race

Postby Spiritater » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:18 am

Many on here want John to be the next casualty, which is really sad.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:43 am

Spiritater wrote:Many on here want John to be the next casualty, which is really sad.

What people want is whats going to get us promotion. Many people don't believe JD can give us that.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:02 pm

It does seem strange that JR would pump lots of money into the club only to have a novice running the team. I hope JD goes on and gets us promotion, but it’s a tough ask.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:32 pm

Spiritater wrote:Many on here want John to be the next casualty, which is really sad.

Sacked as they've had a terrible start and looked absolutely useless, JD didn't have a clue though how to break them down, just saying like ;)
No I don't want JD sacked but hes got to work out fast that hump it to Rose is a little too basic nowadays
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:34 pm

WVStag wrote:

What people want is whats going to get us promotion. Many people don't believe JD can give us that.

It's still pretty early to sack a manager. If we were rock bottom, I'd agree with you but what matters is where we are after 46 games.

I bet Tranmere didn't think they were gonna go up last year as they were outside the play off in the last few games. Have some faith and support the team and our manager. It's not like a big name manager is gonna guarantee promotion like the last two/three seasons
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:49 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
WVStag wrote:

It's still pretty early to sack a manager. If we were rock bottom, I'd agree with you but what matters is where we are after 46 games.

I bet Tranmere didn't think they were gonna go up last year as they were outside the play off in the last few games. Have some faith and support the team and our manager. It's not like a big name manager is gonna guarantee promotion like the last two/three seasons

I understand how everyone has different perspectives, but this blind faith that supporters of this club seem to hold in situations like these is genuinely terrifying. Admirable in some ways, wish I could ignore everything I see and just 'believe'. But mostly, it's terrifying and bizarre to me.

'Have some faith', 'just get behind them', 'it'll be rate'... all of them are lazy comments that get chucked around so much. What are you seeing that means you're comfortable just having faith? What is visible to you based on our performances that is making you think things will be rate?

Not all of us are okay with simplistic 'it'll be fine in the end' type throwaway analyses and predictions.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:33 pm

WVStag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
WVStag wrote:

I understand how everyone has different perspectives, but this blind faith that supporters of this club seem to hold in situations like these is genuinely terrifying. Admirable in some ways, wish I could ignore everything I see and just 'believe'. But mostly, it's terrifying and bizarre to me.

'Have some faith', 'just get behind them', 'it'll be rate'... all of them are lazy comments that get chucked around so much. What are you seeing that means you're comfortable just having faith? What is visible to you based on our performances that is making you think things will be rate?

Not all of us are okay with simplistic 'it'll be fine in the end' type throwaway analyses and predictions.

It is about having the ability to look at all of the facts (injuries, suspensions etc) and combining those fear factors with the knowledge that the players are capable of better and that JD is actually an experienced ex professional player who starred at this level for most of his career. Mix in the knowledge that the ethos of the owner and board is to improve the standing and position of the club and that should lead you to being reassured that things will indeed be all rate. The club will not be allowed to simply drop out of this division.

There is absolutely no need to be a Corporal Jones and run around shouting 'Don't panick Mr Mainwaring'
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:55 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
WVStag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
WVStag wrote:

It is about having the ability to look at all of the facts (injuries, suspensions etc) and combining those fear factors with the knowledge that the players are capable of better and that JD is actually an experienced ex professional player who starred at this level for most of his career. Mix in the knowledge that the ethos of the owner and board is to improve the standing and position of the club and that should lead you to being reassured that things will indeed be all rate. The club will not be allowed to simply drop out of this division.

There is absolutely no need to be a Corporal Jones and run around shouting 'Don't panick Mr Mainwaring'

That would all be ok if our ambition was to stay up. The club have clearly reiterated that the aim is promotion. Mr Dempster needs to do better than 'alrate'.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:08 pm

They got Mark Sampson in as number two ready for this.... Quite clever really as he's had time with the squad.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:09 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
WVStag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
WVStag wrote:

Peoples gripe is that results have been distinctly average (and that’s being kind), and performances have been rubbish too. Add to that the manager has no previous experience or track record to back up the opinion that he will get this right and it’s easy to see why people don’t think that this is the way forward. Everyone would hope that he does get it right, but there’s absolutely nothing to suggest that he will really. It’s a harsh reality but that’s why a lot of fans aren’t overly confident.

We have a big few games coming up now where we should be looking at attaining at least 7 points from 9 so we start to get ourselves back in the mix. If we can string together some good results coupled with some nice performances he’ll start to win some doubters over a bit and instill some belief that has a bit of substance behind it.

Ultimately we’ve been funding a promotion push for years now - we have to get it right sooner rather than later and see some return on the big investment which is why scrutiny is high from a lot of fans.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:07 pm

Once again a thread has been hijacked by the pro/anti JD brigade. If there are 4 or more consecutive comments off topic they should be deleted or transferred to the appropriate Fred so we don't have to wade through these endless arguments to find something interesting to read
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:19 pm

Bros wrote:Once again a thread has been hijacked by the pro/anti JD brigade. If there are 4 or more consecutive comments off topic they should be deleted or transferred to the appropriate Fred so we don't have to wade through these endless arguments to find something interesting to read

The thread is about the League Two Sack Race. He is a manager in L2 who could be sacked.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:05 pm

Its not rocket science is it ,we will be up at the top end of this division by the end of the season then vorsprung der teknik ,might find something positive
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:08 pm

I thought I was replying to a question about why everyone has faith in the season's outcome.

I wasn't expressing an opinion about the managers ability one way or the other. I can't see that is a highjacking.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:18 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Bros wrote:Once again a thread has been hijacked by the pro/anti JD brigade. If there are 4 or more consecutive comments off topic they should be deleted or transferred to the appropriate Fred so we don't have to wade through these endless arguments to find something interesting to read

The thread is about the League Two Sack Race. He is a manager in L2 who could be sacked.

I thought the thread was about managers who have been sacked rather than the endless arguments about the ability of our manager. There are plenty of other threads, even one headed up JD, in which the know-it-alls can discus his tactics team selection, formation, substitutions etc etc etc to their heart's content
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:33 pm

WVStag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
WVStag wrote:

To be fair, to alot of those that feel that way. They will likely accept that we (the fans) can't make the decision to sack him, and find that publically calling for his head helps nobody.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:35 pm

Bros wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

I thought the thread was about managers who have been sacked rather than the endless arguments about the ability of our manager. There are plenty of other threads, even one headed up JD, in which the know-it-alls can discus his tactics team selection, formation, substitutions etc etc etc to their heart's content

Well you were wrong then. The Sack Race relates to the next manager so be sacked at any given time.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum