{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Corners

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Corners

Postby part time pete » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:01 pm

Corners are not what they are cracked up to be for attacking sides.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... -set-piece
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:21 pm

part time pete wrote:Corners are not what they are cracked up to be for attacking sides.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... -set-piece

I can believe it. That's why I scratch my head every time we sent everybody back for a corner. There is no need. All you get is players tripping over each other and no room for a goalkeeper to even attempt to get at the ball. Even if logan comes out and claims one, who is he distributing to? Our furthest forwards player at that point in 20-30 yards from our own goal. Get it to him and he's got their defenders who stay back to contend with, if he waits for help then we've let them get back into defensive positions. Killing off a counter attack.

Or Dempster feels Conrad's command of the box and ability to claim a cross is so poor he feels the need to have everybody back covering the whole penalty area. That is the only reason I can think of as to why we do it. I suppose another is Dempster is concentrating on making sure we don't concede too much that we limit our chances of scoring.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:29 pm

This is my point. This has been going on long before the current setup.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:44 pm

Chander Lear wrote:This is my point. This has been going on long before the current setup.

Aye and it makes no sense - a little like how when we kick off we always hoof it to the left and it goes out of play :lol:

CJ and Danny on the halfway line (or 1 on the halfway line and one somewhere between) would make a big difference
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum