{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Slightly worried.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Slightly worried.

Postby skegbystag » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:14 pm

Anyone else slightly worried about the injuries, suspensions, alleged assault incident that we are worrying low on bodies? Also what’s the state of play re updates on Davies, Cook and Graham cos we are now down to two fit strikers.
skegbystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Slightly worried.

Postby part time pete » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:19 pm

We can only play a maximum of 14 in any game.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:22 pm

skegbystag wrote:Anyone else slightly worried about the injuries, suspensions, alleged assault incident that we are worrying low on bodies? Also what’s the state of play re updates on Davies, Cook and Graham cos we are now down to two fit strikers.

CJ and OSJ can both play as a striker so I don't think that will be a worry, also Jimmy Knowles can be used if needed.

But if Mellis and Donohue go we definitely need some creativity from midfield, and possibly a goalscoring midfielder. There will be plenty of Championship players available for loan given their window has shut. Forest have 50 players on their books.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:36 pm

Would much rather give a youth player a chance than play any of the 'Leeming Street 2' assuming the allegations are true of course. It may well be a good thing and force our hand in giving the youngsters a chance.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:54 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
skegbystag wrote:Anyone else slightly worried about the injuries, suspensions, alleged assault incident that we are worrying low on bodies? Also what’s the state of play re updates on Davies, Cook and Graham cos we are now down to two fit strikers.

CJ and OSJ can both play as a striker so I don't think that will be a worry, also Jimmy Knowles can be used if needed.

But if Mellis and Donohue go we definitely need some creativity from midfield, and possibly a goalscoring midfielder. There will be plenty of Championship players available for loan given their window has shut. Forest have 50 players on their books.

Khan can be that creativity in midfield if he has two defensive minded people behind him.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:57 pm

Now the players have been suspended, I think a loan for a young Premiership midfielder till January might be the way forward
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:42 pm

I think Elsnik is still available.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:50 pm

Having a small squad can be great for building team spirit and even a bunker mentality. You don't want too many players who are sat in the stand as keeping them happy can be difficult and they can often cause trouble for the manager as we discovered in the Paul Cox days. However if any more of our centre midfield players were injured or suspended then we could be struggling.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:07 pm

Yes I’m slightly worried.

Up front we have options but limited strength and height without Davies and Cook.

I think Mellis is a bigger blow from the midfield, it leaves us reliant on Khan as an attacking central midfielder.

As TTF says it can build a togetherness within the squad if they react to the off the field incidents in the right way.

Personally I’d be seeing if I can loan someone until January when the inquiry is hopefully complete
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:48 pm

We needed a midfield general - and do even more now. That should be the focus over the remainder of the transfer window.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby madstagman » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:59 pm

Play anyone as a striker but not cj it worked Saturday without him we playing with 10 men when he is in squad
madstagman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:53 pm

madstagman wrote:Play anyone as a striker but not cj it worked Saturday without him we playing with 10 men when he is in squad

& another game he is a world beater, who’d be a football manager ehhh?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby madstagman » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:19 pm

Play anyone as a striker but not cj it worked Saturday without him we playing with 10 men when he is in squad

He wasn’t no world beater tonight, waste of a shirt
madstagman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:34 pm

madstagman wrote:Play anyone as a striker but not cj it worked Saturday without him we playing with 10 men when he is in squad

He wasn’t no world beater tonight, waste of a shirt

And I got pelters last season for saying that I didn’t see the hype.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum