{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Mansfield "Fans"

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Mansfield "Fans"

Postby Number63 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:12 am

There were some filthy foul mouthed
People from Mansfield at the Newport game.

As an example one person in the end behind the goal in a black away top,grey hair male aged 55-65 started the afternoon with
Black Bxxxx this
Black Bxxxx that

This racial abuse  wasn't at anyone but was part of his loud conversation with his "pal"

Once in the swing of the game it was

Fxxx, Bxxxx Cxxx.
Useless Cxxx
Fxxxxxx waste of fxxxxxx space
Cxxx this
Cxxx that

The current owners have transformed this into a family club and I support that.

I felt embarrassed to be a supporter with young children at the game.

I will be asking the club to explore at the next away matches to identify what they can do with the aim of bringing the family feel to away matches.

In the mean time I'm not taking my children to future away games

posting.php?mode=post&f=8&sid=c98dfb5a3ec1a9617188a77781b19588#
Not much matches Mansfield
Number63
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: Mansfield "Fans"

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:43 am

It’s been like it for a long time mate and it’s the same yobs wearing the same sort of brands, bevied up. Get them on their own and sober and they’re as quiet as mice. It’s embarrassing going away and getting that way at home recently. There’s better sports for children.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:48 am

Get it on video with you smart phone and send it in.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:54 am

Whereas it's not an answer to the points raised - it's a shame there isn't much that can be done to have a "family section" away also.

Given the club would presumably sell the tickets on a first come first serve basis I guess it would also be challenging to manage
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:03 am

Number63 wrote:There were some filthy foul mouthed

As an example one person in the end behind the goal in a black away top,grey hair male aged 55-65 started the afternoon with
Black Bxxxx this
Black Bxxxx that

This racial abuse  wasn't at anyone but was part of his loud conversation with his "pal"

Fxxx, Bxxxx Cxxx.
Useless Cxxx
Cxxx this
Cxxx that

I will be asking the club to explore at the next away matches to identify what they can do with the aim of bringing the family feel to away matches.

In the mean time I'm not taking my children to future away games

https://www.stagsnet.net/phpBB3/posting ... 781b19588#

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2019 ... port-away/

So which one is he then
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:48 pm

All 92 grounds will have much the same or worse.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Uncle » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:07 pm

[quote="Number63"]There were some filthy foul mouthed

Black Bxxxx this
Black Bxxxx that

Fxxx, Bxxxx Cxxx.
Useless Cxxx
Cxxx this
Cxxx that

Why leave it to the club to deal with. Was there anything stopping you from approaching the numerous amount of uniformed and visible Police officers standing 30 yards away between the two stands? Or the three large and intimidating looking security staff who were positioned right next to us in the taped off seats behind the goal, only 5 yards away?
Uncle
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby nobby +1 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:09 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:It’s been like it for a long time mate and it’s the same yobs wearing the same sort of brands, bevied up. Get them on their own and sober and they’re as quiet as mice. It’s embarrassing going away and getting that way at home recently. There’s better sports for children.
no not at all p block 50 + blokes mouth like toilets its because there thick and dont no better words but we all turn blind eyes
nobby +1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Foresttownstag » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:12 pm

adamstag wrote:Whereas it's not an answer to the points raised - it's a shame there isn't much that can be done to have a "family section" away also.

Given the club would presumably sell the tickets on a first come first serve basis I guess it would also be challenging to manage

Can’t imagine it being that difficult, Lincoln sell tickets for the “singing section” for each away game.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Walton Stag » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:19 pm

I sat in IG lower B block on Tuesday evening and several young mums with children were sat in front of me. Unfortunately, a few rows back from me, several fans thought they were at a swearing festival. I tried a friendly word but it fell on deaf ears. It is not something I would have wanted young children to be hearing. Thoughtless it was, acceptable it wasn’t. The stewards looked on unconcerned. Sad really.
Walton Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Richard Cranium » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:31 pm

Swearing at a football match. Unbelivable
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:36 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Swearing at a football match. Unbelivable

Whereas I have no issues with swearing (can't say I'm an angel myself) playing devil's advocate I have an equal love of cricket and rugby and you don't get the same language or behaviour there.

Maybe the club could work to promote where the family area will be should the QLE be closed
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Nottsstag100 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:37 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Swearing at a football match. Unbelivable

If you think that’s acceptable in front of little children then you must need help!
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:07 pm

tillydog123 wrote:All 92 grounds will have much the same or worse.

that doesn't make it acceptable
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:10 pm

Perhaps we have more fans who suffer from tourettes ,than most :D
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:14 pm

Swearing at a football match is not a crime. I’m sure everyone has at one point or another.

All it takes is a bit of what is known as ‘parenting’. Can remember my Dad saying to me before my first game along the lines of ‘you’re going to hear a lot of language today, probably from me as well, that you’re not to repeat. Do you understand?’
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:19 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Swearing at a football match is not a crime. I’m sure everyone has at one point or another.

All it takes is a bit of what is known as ‘parenting’. Can remember my Dad saying to me before my first game along the lines of ‘you’re going to hear a lot of language today, probably from me as well, that you’re not to repeat. Do you understand?’

Not really about the swearing though is it... its the other thing, the racism.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:57 pm

Don't post about racism on here mate, Stags fans on this forum like to turn it back on you and call you a coward for not confronting the person.

I once confronted somebody as I always do and would if I hear racism, I then got idiots posting on here slating me. It's always the same old usernames who do it toom
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:14 pm

Nobody,s mentioned racism though ,swearing yes racism no so please dont try to hijack a thread that has nothing to do with your own personal agenda
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:17 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Swearing at a football match is not a crime. I’m sure everyone has at one point or another.

Swearing is on thing. Racism is quite another. I was at an England game about 10 years ago at Wembley v USA and Kelly Rowlands sang (and massacred) the national anthem of the USA.
Some big tool in front of me thought he was tough calling her a black c word. He was Bertie Big raspberrys but went quiet when I told him to repeat it and if he did I’d throw him off the balcony.

They mostly are all wind and piss.

If you don’t feel comfortable challenging and I get that, then escalate it to the appropriate security or police. If you’re not part of the solution.....
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:17 pm

spanishstag wrote:Nobody,s mentioned racism though ,swearing yes racism no so please dont try to hijack a thread that has nothing to do with your own personal agenda

Did you actually read the initial post ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:40 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Nobody,s mentioned racism though ,swearing yes racism no so please dont try to hijack a thread that has nothing to do with your own personal agenda

Did you actually read the initial post ?

Yes i did ,did you read the title of the thread ,just because someone swears like a trooper and calls some one a black ,ginger,jock or whatever the opening post complained about swearing ,not racism
Last edited by spanishstag on Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:41 pm

Have you not even read the first post? I assume Bxxxx means they would be referring to someone's skin colour
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:48 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

Have you not even read the first post? I assume Bxxxx means they would be referring to someone's skin colour

Of course it does so if i call whatsover a c...t its ok but if he is a ginger haired c...t thats racist ,because hes ginger haired
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:43 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

Of course, which is why I said swearing, not racism.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum