{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Merged threads

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Merged threads

Postby one f in mansfield » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:49 am

Last night someone started a thread saying Gordon had signed .fantastic open a thread and a confirmed signing is there .This morning the same thread is merged with another thread that goes 4pages of the usual gossip , speculation and I know you don’t type of thread .would it not be better to have left a confirmed signing in a thread of its own .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Re: Merged threads

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:07 am

that was my thread, it was a bit annoying to see it had been merged but oh well
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:14 am

I didn't merge the threads and personally probably wouldn't have done as on balance I concur with your points one f. However, on the other hand, people were discussing the merits of the signing on two different threads, so that also leads to confusion in discussion, and we try to keep the board tidy in that respect. So, we will continue to merge threads where it keeps the board easier to follow.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:15 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:that was my thread, it was a bit annoying to see it had been merged but oh well

as John McEnroe once said, you cannot be serious about "my thread" :D
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:21 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:that was my thread, it was a bit annoying to see it had been merged but oh well

as John McEnroe once said, you cannot be serious about "my thread" :D

I'm fuming :lol: ;)
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:26 am

Martin Shaw wrote:I didn't merge the threads and personally probably wouldn't have done as on balance I concur with your points one f. However, on the other hand, people were discussing the merits of the signing on two different threads, so that also leads to confusion in discussion, and we try to keep the board tidy in that respect. So, we will continue to merge threads where it keeps the board easier to follow.

Can we merge the KP thread into the transfer rumour thread based on this ;)

hehe
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:12 pm

wouldn't do to upset the chad, they need a clickbait thread of thier own
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:18 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:I didn't merge the threads and personally probably wouldn't have done as on balance I concur with your points one f. However, on the other hand, people were discussing the merits of the signing on two different threads, so that also leads to confusion in discussion, and we try to keep the board tidy in that respect. So, we will continue to merge threads where it keeps the board easier to follow.

That old chestnut again......
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:19 pm

SINA STAG wrote:

That old chestnut again......

Eeeee, I don’t know. The thing we discuss on Stagsnet, eh?!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum