{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Trialist spotters badge v Florest (Scorethread)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Trialist spotters badge v Florest (Scorethread)

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:34 pm

Dempster says we’re in for a young right sided player with football league experience. Expects to get him in before the weekend.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:59 pm

who was the trialist anyone know?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sammythestag » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:02 pm

Could be Dion Kelly-evans based on literally nothing other than the fact he's young (22), a right back and currently at Kettering Town where Demps and Glover are from. Played 30 or so games for Cov in the FL
Sammythestag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:04 pm

Sammythestag wrote:Could be Dion Kelly-evans based on literally nothing other than the fact he's young (22), a right back and currently at Kettering Town where Demps and Glover are from. Played 30 or so games for Cov in the FL

He played for County tonight against Ipswich so I doubt it.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sammythestag » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:06 pm

Well that puts that to bed then
Sammythestag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:11 pm

Not really sure who to suggest. Not really clear if it’s a loan or a permanent. Doubt it’s someone who is available on a free or else surely we would’ve had them in on trial.

Would guess it’s someone from higher up the pyramid.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:19 pm

Liked the look of Aryibi from Forest.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:44 pm

If white is out for sometime, then Forest’s no.2 tonight (Richardson?) would be an ideal replacement.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:04 pm

part time pete wrote:If white is out for sometime, then Forest’s no.2 tonight (Richardson?) would be an ideal replacement.

Expected more from him to be honest. Really poor defending for the first goal.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:36 pm

I thought Jayden Richardson (No 2) played well for Forest in the 1st half. He would make a decent back up right wing back although I doubt Forest would let him go out on loan just to sit on the bench.

I also thought the No 5 played well, Malique Spooner. He played centre half in the 1st half and won a lot of headers. He then moved out to play right back in the 2nd half.

I'll see if I can find Dan's photos now to see if I can see the trialist warming up. Was he the lad wearing white boots?
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:02 am

Really liked the lad in goal tonight.
Good kicking, commanded his area and released the ball quickly. Give him an extended run.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby daddycool » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:49 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I thought Jayden Richardson (No 2) played well for Forest in the 1st half. He would make a decent back up right wing back although I doubt Forest would let him go out on loan just to sit on the bench.

I also thought the No 5 played well, Malique Spooner. He played centre half in the 1st half and won a lot of headers. He then moved out to play right back in the 2nd half.

I'll see if I can find Dan's photos now to see if I can see the trialist warming up. Was he the lad wearing white boots?

I thought it was the lad in white boots ,and the slick hair cut
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Ridge » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:55 am

Trialist was Miles Storey, I've been told.
Ridge
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:39 am

Ridge wrote:Trialist was Miles Storey, I've been told.

The hairstyle seems to match.

A good finisher :lol:

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/videos/2 ... video.html
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:07 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Dempster says we’re in for a young right sided player with football league experience. Expects to get him in before the weekend.

We could go for Danny Rowe at Ipswich who did well for Lincoln last season.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:18 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Dempster says we’re in for a young right sided player with football league experience. Expects to get him in before the weekend.

We could go for Danny Rowe at Ipswich who did well for Lincoln last season.

He's not young though, he's 27!
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:53 am

Nice to get a good result, some positives but also some frustrating parts as you’d expect.

Maynard will score goals. He has an excellent first touch, links up play well when it’s in to his feet, and his finish was assured after holding his run well. CJ again showed what he can do to a defence as we’ve seen no end of times now, defenders are scared of him no doubt.
Aiden Stone’s distribution was impressive and he made a solid 1v1 save too. Mellis also showed why he’s an absolute must in the midfield, always showing for the ball and knowing what’s around him. A few stray passes but it’s almost like he felt he had to try and create as it wasn’t going to come from Macca or Bishop.

Bit frustrating at times to see moves break down at key times or before they really got going. Rose first thought is just to hit the deck and win a free kick (often the case last year)... it’s useful at times but sometimes you just want him to do that bit more. Macca seemed to play slightly more advanced which doesn’t suit him in my opinion as he’s just not calm enough on the ball in key areas and was quite wasteful in possession. May work better away from home for his work rate but Khan seems a better option there for me in finding pockets of space and giving people like Mellis options to pass to.

I think Dempster will be closer to knowing his XI after last night, though the White situation may change that a bit - hopefully doesn’t set him back too long. Would like Maynard and Cook to get a run out together Saturday and build up for Newport!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:57 am

Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:11 am

MTFCMusings wrote:He's not young though, he's 27!

I didn't say he was young though Sam. I just said we could go for him. :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:28 am

BH_Stag wrote:Nice to get a good result, some positives but also some frustrating parts as you’d expect.

Maynard will score goals. He has an excellent first touch, links up play well when it’s in to his feet, and his finish was assured after holding his run well. CJ again showed what he can do to a defence as we’ve seen no end of times now, defenders are scared of him no doubt.
Aiden Stone’s distribution was impressive and he made a solid 1v1 save too. Mellis also showed why he’s an absolute must in the midfield, always showing for the ball and knowing what’s around him. A few stray passes but it’s almost like he felt he had to try and create as it wasn’t going to come from Macca or Bishop.
Bit frustrating at times to see moves break down at key times or before they really got going. Rose first thought is just to hit the deck and win a free kick (often the case last year)... it’s useful at times but sometimes you just want him to do that bit more. Macca seemed to play slightly more advanced which doesn’t suit him in my opinion as he’s just not calm enough on the ball in key areas and was quite wasteful in possession. May work better away from home for his work rate but Khan seems a better option there for me in finding pockets of space and giving people like Mellis options to pass to.

I think Dempster will be closer to knowing his XI after last night, though the White situation may change that a bit - hopefully doesn’t set him back too long. Would like Maynard and Cook to get a run out together Saturday and build up for Newport!
Best three players in pre season, CJ, Mellis and Khan. Can we play all 3 with Cook and Maynard up top.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum