{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The pitch

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

The pitch

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:16 am

Doesn’t look anywhere near as good as the same time last year....
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Re: The pitch

Postby my name is jonas » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:24 am

Can’t say I’ve noticed much difference between the playing surface but the pitch is a few yards shorter and narrower this season.
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:28 am

Deffo not ready yet very thin in places and not looking as neat around the running areas as per previous season but i think its more to do with time between our last home game of last season and our first friendly being very close together compared to past seasons.

Trust in mez hes done a fantastic job over the years.

I imagine on his christmas list in the coming seasons may be a desso pitch.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:05 am

Not had much water on it I think that's what Mez said? Will be perfect in a couple of weeks.

I don't think its shorter or narrower... they've just grown turf behind the goals where it used to be soil.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:07 am

MTFCMAD wrote:Deffo not ready yet very thin in places and not looking as neat around the running areas as per previous season but i think its more to do with time between our last home game of last season and our first friendly being very close together compared to past seasons.

Trust in mez hes done a fantastic job over the years.

I imagine on his christmas list in the coming seasons may be a desso pitch.

They should invest in a desso grassmaster... wonder what they difference between redoing the pitch every year is vs this.... guaranteed a perfect pitch for 4-5 years
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:44 am

Sedgwick wrote:Not had much water on it I think that's what Mez said? Will be perfect in a couple of weeks.

I don't think its shorter or narrower... they've just grown turf behind the goals where it used to be soil.

I mentioned this is commentary the other day. Mez told me he'd had problems with lack of water, but it would be fine by the Morecambe game. Mez and his team continue to do a fine job.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby The One » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:55 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Not had much water on it I think that's what Mez said? Will be perfect in a couple of weeks.

I mentioned this is commentary the other day. Mez told me he'd had problems with lack of water, but it would be fine by the Morecambe game. Mez and his team continue to do a fine job.

There speaks the voice of experience on watching grass grow, normally at Canterbury. :D :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:17 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

It'll look fantastic again no doubt
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:21 pm

I have complete faith in Mez, that lad knows what he is doing
garlic
First Team
First Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum