{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Hull City pre-season friendly scorethread

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Hull City pre-season friendly scorethread

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:14 am

lifestags wrote:Yesterday was a good test for us, few things I would point out from it:

The 4 4 1 1 formation didn't seem to work st all, we were so much better when CJ was up top. Otis Khan has started pre season brilliantly and it reminded me of his form early last season, we need to build our team around him.

Interesting that he didn't try cook and Maynard toghether, anyonenelse feel he likes rose and Maynard together more and it will be one or the other out of new strikers?

Also if we are to play 4 in midfield then we need a right midfielder, realistically osj isn't good enough, smith wasn't great either, very lightweight.

Rose and Maynard linked well at Bradford PA and id like to see them up top again
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:31 am

Berryhillstagno1 wrote:Clarke who replaced White on the right in the second half looked a real find. He was competitive against a first team 11 from Hull. Khan never stopped running all game. His free kicks so far have hit bar and post and produced two very good goalkeeping saves. The throw ins are better, you'll see when you go, the young midfielder Alistair Smith is ready and a cracking prospect. Still things to work on but we are were we need to be.

Was talking to someone close to Clarke at the Retford game. The previous regime were going to sign him. They were a bit concerned when DF got sacked, but the current regime agreed to sign him.

I'm pleased they did, he is a good prospect and deserves to be involved with the first team on match day.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:35 am

Best game I`ve seen Sterling - James have for us. Impressed by Smith. Cook is the sort of player that Rhead wishes he was. Best goal of Bishop`s c areer?
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:37 am

My favourite part was when CJ went down faster than your mum to win that free kick
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:46 am

PRL13 wrote:Best game I`ve seen Sterling - James have for us. Impressed by Smith. Cook is the sort of player that Rhead wishes he was. Best goal of Bishop`s c areer?

How opinions can differ.

Thought OSJ was our worse player first half but to be fair to him he grew into it second half and got much better. But I’d like to see us sign a decent right winger after seeing the last three friendly.

Smith did ok and will hopefully get a few chances off the bench this season.
Khan has to start but he needs playing either centrally or on the left as that is where his best performances have been so I don’t know where that leaves the whole how do we fit in CJ debate.

Ps Bishops goal at West Brom was better.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:58 am

I don't think Khan has even been tried on the right has he?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:02 pm

Think young Smith will definitely impact on the first team this season
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:23 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:Think young Smith will definitely impact on the first team this season

Definitely has the ability and legs to get around the pitch.

Needs to work on releasing the ball a bit quicker, probably used to being able to skip past players from his youth details with his massive gait.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:09 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:Think young Smith will definitely impact on the first team this season

Definitely has the ability and legs to get around the pitch.

Needs to work on releasing the ball a bit quicker, probably used to being able to skip past players from his youth details with his massive gait.

Is it as big as the Gabitas Gate? :D
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum