{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Danny Rose definitely on other clubs' wanted lists

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Danny Rose definitely on other clubs' wanted lists

Postby Chadman » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:39 pm

But Dempster wants him to stay . . .

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/i ... -1-9840842
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Re: Danny Rose definitely on other clubs' wanted lists

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:56 pm

Chad inaccuracies strike again ! League two rivals Tranmere. Didn't they get promoted ?

I think if we are offered upward of £100k for DR, we should let him leave.
Last edited by Amber Andy on Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:57 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Chad inaccuracies strike again ! League two rivals Tranmere. Didn't they get promoted ?

:lol: :lol:

Chad watch cracks me up. Its like my favourite game
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:31 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Chad inaccuracies strike again ! League two rivals Tranmere. Didn't they get promoted ?

:lol: :lol:

Chad watch cracks me up. Its like my favourite game

Mine too and its all on beeb and official site.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:22 pm

Rose gone to tranmere apparently.Hope we got a good fee for him.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:33 pm

geoffhill wrote:Rose gone to tranmere apparently.Hope we got a good fee for him.

so it's gone from Tranmere begin talks about 3 hours ago, to advanced talks an hour ago and now he's gone all in one night?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:37 pm

The only information that he’s even in talks came from one of the dodgy rumour sites.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:46 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:The only information that he’s even in talks came from one of the dodgy rumour sites.

For what it's worth the Tranmere fans sight is full of it. They are even saying they are getting him on a free.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:48 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:The only information that he’s even in talks came from one of the dodgy rumour sites.

For what it's worth the Tranmere fans sight is full of it. They are even saying they are getting him on a free.

Dempster said this yesterday:

“Clearly every player has a valuation and if the chairman decided that his valuation had been met then discussions would be open. We would listen to bids.”

“The interest at this moment in time is only verbal, so it’s very early stages.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby part time pete » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:44 pm

Was Rose at today’s training session
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:09 pm

Yes.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:56 pm

You have to laugh at the bitter and jealous Notts and Spireite fans. A fake twitter account many moons ago that was clearly made by a County or Spireite fan tweeted this...

So obviously those idiots are trying to circulate this bull again as to why John Radford will be accepting a bid for Rose :lol:
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:56 am

stagmanrob wrote:You have to laugh at the bitter and jealous Notts and Spireite fans. A fake twitter account many moons ago that was clearly made by a County or Spireite fan tweeted this...

So obviously those idiots are trying to circulate this bull again as to why John Radford will be accepting a bid for Rose :lol:

It isn't a fake account just another one of those uninformed transfer accounts. He seems to have stopped guessing transfers and mainly focused on comments about Villa at the moment.

However doesn't stop certain fans trying to re-circulate fake news.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:39 am

So has he gone or not?

Could this mean we've signed the second striker?
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:54 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:So has he gone or not?

Could this mean we've signed the second striker?

I would say both are unlikely as it stands. Rose was in training yesterday and Dempster said as recently as Tuesday:
“Clearly every player has a valuation and if the chairman decided that his valuation had been met then discussions would be open. We would listen to bids.”
“The interest at this moment in time is only verbal, so it’s very early stages."
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby wardy12345 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:33 am

I think loosing rose would be a massive loss possibly Un replaceable . If he wasn’t at the Stags he would be the sort of player fans would want to sign and the club would want to bring in and would be a massive signing.

Why would a club looking to go up sell a 20+ goal scorer that works extremely hard, versatile and technically gifted.
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:36 am

wardy12345 wrote:I think loosing rose would be a massive loss possibly Un replaceable . If he wasn’t at the Stags he would be the sort of player fans would want to sign and the club would want to bring in and would be a massive signing.

Why would a club looking to go up sell a 20+ goal scorer that works extremely hard, versatile and technically gifted.

Wardy, he's never scored 20 goals in a season.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:37 am

wardy12345 wrote:I think loosing rose would be a massive loss possibly Un replaceable . If he wasn’t at the Stags he would be the sort of player fans would want to sign and the club would want to bring in and would be a massive signing.

I can only assume you are related.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:59 am

victor A block wrote:

20+ goal scorer I hope you do mean over several seasons then I will have to agree with your statement.

His personality towards fans is impeccable always gives time to say hello have photos n sign autographs.

But like everything good it ends n time to move on
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:04 am

This time last year I would've been gutted to see him go. This season, I don't really mind if he stays or goes.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:19 am

As much as Danny divides opinion due to lack of goals, I think it would be a backwards step to let him go (unless he's desperate to leave).

Ultimately he'll have to be replaced and that wont be easy, whilst his goals dried up, I'm happy to give him a chance under the new manager, he clearly didn't suit Flitcroft at a few clubs coupled with injuries there is no wonder he was poor last season. He offers something different when he comes on if used as a sub with his battling, ability to win fee kicks in good areas - opposition fans hate him which is always a plus as well imo....

The reality is we are a top half L2 side that will remain so if we let our better players go, we need to be retaining experienced pros like Danny and adding to squad from there...
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:20 am

S7AGS wrote:As much as Danny divides opinion due to lack of goals, I think it would be a backwards step to let him go (unless he's desperate to leave).

Ultimately he'll have to be replaced and that wont be easy, whilst his goals dried up, I'm happy to give him a chance under the new manager, he clearly didn't suit Flitcroft at a few clubs coupled with injuries there is no wonder he was poor last season. He offers something different when he comes on if used as a sub with his battling, ability to win fee kicks in good areas - opposition fans hate him which is always a plus as well imo....

The reality is we are a top half L2 side that will remain so if we let our better players go, we need to be retaining experienced pros like Danny and adding to squad from there...

Unfortunately, the three clubs interested will all have a bigger pull than Mansfield. Tranmere are in L1, Bradford are a much bigger club and Salford have the 'money/glamour' draw.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:45 am

SINA STAG wrote:
victor A block wrote:

20+ goal scorer I hope you do mean over several seasons then I will have to agree with your statement.

His personality towards fans is impeccable always gives time to say hello have photos n sign autographs.

But like everything good it ends n time to move on

Tbf Sina, he was never going to score 20+ goals last season after having his noggin messed with, injuries and being largely dropped by DF. During his stint here he's scored at least 10 goals per season, so i reckon he's a useful option to have IF he can fit into Dempsey's style, remains motivated and injury-free.

How many 3rd choice strikers have we had capable of 10+ goals? (assuming he is going to be 3rd choice of course)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:49 am

We’ve signed Cook. Is Rose surplus to requirements given we have Davies too. I think so. He looked poor at times last season. Take the money and run!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:59 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
S7AGS wrote:As much as Danny divides opinion due to lack of goals, I think it would be a backwards step to let him go (unless he's desperate to leave).

Unfortunately, the three clubs interested will all have a bigger pull than Mansfield. Tranmere are in L1, Bradford are a much bigger club and Salford have the 'money/glamour' draw.

He's under contract, if we don't want to sell him we won't as proved last summer but I think a good offer will see him move on.

I am conflicted with Danny, his wholehearted approach when he plays is great to see and other strikers could learn much from him about doing a shift and putting the body on the line. However, his confidence in front of goal appears to have gone and I think for him new surroundings might see him flourish. If we do sell, I don't think it should be to a fellow League 2 side.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum