{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

McGuire

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: McGuire

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:22 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Maybe the composition of the squad this coming season will have less experienced players in and is topped up by the better academy players.

I would also like to see the use of academy players before we rush out and obtain players on loans. We have had too many loan players over recent seasons.

The academy needs to show its worth sooner rather than later.

JD is the perfect manager to utilise the academy, I just hope the pressures of gaining promotion does not sway him from using it.

Andy, you seem to want the youth team plying even if they are not good enough, which seems barmy to me.

I just want to see some of the academy players involved in the first team.

Wouldn't it be an achievement if we could replicate the likes of Lawrence, Disley and Leroy.

At some point the academy set up needs to be evaluated, otherwise why have one ?

Andy, the academy hasn’t even achieved catagory three status yet so it could still well be 5 or 6 or maybe even ten years before we start Churning out players football league quality players.

Things like this takes years to build and not just a quick two years. Most the players in our under 18 team are signed from other clubs who have released them at the ages of sixteen because the ones we have aren’t up to scratch due to them only being in the academy system for a couple years compared to all the other adacemies having over 10 years worth of player training in there system.

There’s kids in our under 10s 9s and 8s who are wanted by Man City, Leicester, Forest, Aston Villa and Leeds. These are the kids we need to try to hang onto and give a clear pathway to the first team and coach ourselfs for us to see the full merits of the academy system.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:03 pm

Jamie McGuire has signed for AFC Mansfield.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:24 pm

Local club for local players.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:33 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Maybe the composition of the squad this coming season will have less experienced players in and is topped up by the better academy players.

I would also like to see the use of academy players before we rush out and obtain players on loans. We have had too many loan players over recent seasons.

The academy needs to show its worth sooner rather than later.

JD is the perfect manager to utilise the academy, I just hope the pressures of gaining promotion does not sway him from using it.

Andy, you seem to want the youth team plying even if they are not good enough, which seems barmy to me.

I just want to see some of the academy players involved in the first team.

Wouldn't it be an achievement if we could replicate the likes of Lawrence, Disley and Leroy.

At some point the academy set up needs to be evaluated, otherwise why have one ?

Andy, the academy hasn’t even achieved catagory three status yet so it could still well be 5 or 6 or maybe even ten years before we start Churning out players football league quality players.

Things like this takes years to build and not just a quick two years. Most the players in our under 18 team are signed from other clubs who have released them at the ages of sixteen because the ones we have aren’t up to scratch due to them only being in the academy system for a couple years compared to all the other adacemies having over 10 years worth of player training in there system.

There’s kids in our under 10s 9s and 8s who are wanted by Man City, Leicester, Forest, Aston Villa and Leeds. These are the kids we need to try to hang onto and give a clear pathway to the first team and coach ourselfs for us to see the full merits of the academy system.

Thanks MTFCMAD for the information. It certainly puts a new light on it for me. It looks as if we are going in the right direction if our under 10s are wanted by the elite.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:44 pm

If JM role of academy’s new head of recruitment is a new position. Going round parks looking for a potential star is not much of a role.

Who got JD role of head coach of the academy? Surely JM must have thought he had a shout for that role.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:48 pm

coops has way more experience
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:02 pm

sunray wrote:If JM role of academy’s new head of recruitment is a new position. Going round parks looking for a potential star is not much of a role.

Who got JD role of head coach of the academy? Surely JM must have thought he had a shout for that role.

Mate he not be walking round manor comp watching kids playing one man with the fat lad in the net.

He will be going ng to organised games from the youth leagues, school games county games and local non league side age group matches.

A bit different than walking round parks.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:10 pm

sunray wrote:
Who got JD role of head coach of the academy?

Richard Cooper

Stags appoint academy manager
mansfieldtown.net, 24 May 2019

Long-serving coach Richard Cooper has been promoted to the position of academy manager, we are pleased to announce.

The 39-year-old replaces John Dempster in the role after his appointment as first team manager earlier this month.

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2019 ... y-manager/
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum