{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

womens football

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: womens football

Postby one f in mansfield » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:07 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Johnny Rotten wrote:
I don't think it would be allowed under FA Rules and it would probably result in anyone taking part or facilitating such a game being punished and sanctioned in some way.

Therefore never going to happen.

Well I really would despair that our overarching footballing authorities ever contemplate that as an appropriate course of action! :shock: :roll: :o

Just been watching the England v Cameroon game. Hardly magnificent!

No but very funny. Cameroon players very emotionally unstable. Reminds me of Tranmere!!!

They also did very little for the kick racism out of football campaign.The var quite rightly goes against them and they claim the officials are racists.
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby RudyDude » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:29 pm

Johnny Rotten wrote:
I don't think it would be allowed under FA Rules and it would probably result in anyone taking part or facilitating such a game being punished and sanctioned in some way.

Therefore never going to happen.

Well I really would despair that our overarching footballing authorities ever contemplate that as an appropriate course of action! :shock: :roll: :o

Apologies, it seems that I was wrong, or at least, not fully up to date on this (same thing, I guess). As was pointed out, the SoccerAid game featured women and the FA has relaxed the age limit for mixed teams to 18 and looks likely to allow mixed teams of any age, some time in the future. This has already been done in some countries and FIFA ask all Football Associations to state their policy each year on mixed teams. Our own FA appear to indicate that they are aiming to follow suit in due course.

Whether that could result in an all-male team playing an all-female team, I'm not sure but, as they say, if they're good enough, they're … err, good enough (or summat).

Come on England/Up the Stags

:mtfc:
BLACK LIVES MATTER so I applaud players 'taking a knee'
RudyDude
First Team
First Team

Postby sunray » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:52 pm

When does a women's football manager take over managing a mens team. Probably one of the conference teams
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby RudyDude » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:04 pm

sunray wrote:When does a women's football manager take over managing a mens team. Probably one of the conference teams

The current coach of the France Women's football team, Corinne Diacre, previously managed Clermont of the French Ligue 2.

:mtfc:
BLACK LIVES MATTER so I applaud players 'taking a knee'
RudyDude
First Team
First Team

Postby Amberheart » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:35 am

Shelley Kerr was the first British woman to coach a senior men’s team in 2014 in Stirling Scotland
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:14 pm

I've been enjoying the tournament, but I am finding the Beeb's attempts to equate the women's game with the men's.

If England win the tournament they will be the 1st England team to win the Women's World Cup, not the first England team since 1966 to win THE World Cup.

Know what I mean?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:13 pm

Sneag wrote:I've been enjoying the tournament, but I am finding the Beeb's attempts to equate the women's game with the men's.

If England win the tournament they will be the 1st England team to win the Women's World Cup, not the first England team since 1966 to win THE World Cup.

Know what I mean?

If we’re going to equate all categories of World Cup, surely the women would only be the first England team to win “a” World Cup since the U17 and U20 boys won both of theirs in 2017 anyway.
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:25 pm

Sneag wrote:I've been enjoying the tournament, but I am finding the Beeb's attempts to equate the women's game with the men's.

Know what I mean?

I do know what you mean and although it is the same game ie the rules etc are identical , it is still a different game and should be treated as such.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:29 pm

Like many others I have no problem with the Women's World Cup and any one of any sex, creed, hair colour , political persuasion or personal characteristics playing whatever sport they want but like a previous post said will everyone in the BBC and with a vested interest trying to sell it like it's on a par with mens football.

There are reasons why League 1 and 2 players aren't generally pundits on MotD and that's because they don't have the credibility from not having played at Premier League level. Why then are the so called best women who've played at about 6 tiers below qualified ?

When the women's club game especially sets ticket prices at comparative levels and then sees how attendances plunge without the family friends and freebies I will then start to listen. And don't start me on about them playing with a lighter ball and possibly reduced size goals. It's either the same game or its not.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby nobby +1 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:07 pm

MOTD prem so pundits from that league 1 and 2 on quest pundits from that league so womens football have theres same ball same size goals and our own half price QL tickets and free offers boost our gates same and average attendance would go down
nobby +1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dan » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:33 pm

Fixtures have come our today & SHOCK HORROR it's only Manchester City v Manchester United on the opening day! Who'd have thunk it?! :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:07 am

Is anyone going to tune in to the match tonight given the tournament is now at the semi finals stage?
Last time I watched England Ladies/Women for a full match they got stuffed 6-2 in the 2009 euro final to Germany.
Should I set aside two hours tonight to watch or is it going to be another painful thrashing?
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby JLStag » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:17 am

Would rather guide my dad in to my mum than watch a single minute of it
JLStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sneag » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:34 am

JLStag wrote:Would rather guide my dad in to my mum than watch a single minute of it

Then you are clearly some kind of pervert.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:34 pm

I’ll watch it only to hope that they beat the Yanks who think it’s all a procession.

Hope it isn’t.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:04 pm

Sneag wrote:
JLStag wrote:Would rather guide my dad in to my mum than watch a single minute of it

Then you are clearly some kind of pervert.

Sneag, do you or I want to ring social services?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:20 pm

Our lasses are being too sporting, they need to stop passing to the 'mericans.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:22 pm

Both sides give the ball away so so often. And the pitch looks massive because they're much smaller than men. Despite not being as fast, strong or technically good as the men's equivalent level, it should be easier to keep the ball. All the space not being used.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:23 pm

That was a cool finish though...... Offside.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:29 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:That was a cool finish though...... Offside.

So how is that an obvious error? Off by a painted toenail so not obvious surely, wrong use of VAR is ruining the game
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby AndyStag » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:33 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:

So how is that an obvious error? Off by a painted toenail so not obvious surely, wrong use of VAR is ruining the game

The current interpretation of offside is ridiculous. It should be clearly in front of the defender. Not a toe or arm in front. Bleating about it in here will not change things though. It's FIFA that is to blame again. Does anyone know Gianni Infantino's email address?
AndyStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:35 pm

AndyStag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

The current interpretation of offside is ridiculous. It should be clearly in front of the defender. Not a toe or arm in front. Bleating about it in here will not change things though. It's FIFA that is to blame again. Does anyone know Gianni Infantino's email address?

Offside is an objective decision, not a matter of opinion, therefore 'clear and obvious' doesn't come into play. You're either onside or offside, no inbetween.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:39 pm

Never a pen. :lol:
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:40 pm

Poor penalty, but how many USA players encroaching????
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby AndyStag » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:47 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
AndyStag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Offside is an objective decision, not a matter of opinion, therefore 'clear and obvious' doesn't come into play. You're either onside or offside, no inbetween.

Are you happy with current rule then? Body of attacker can be level with defender but a foot or arm in front means they are offside.
AndyStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum