{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dempsters First Signing !

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Dempsters First Signing !

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:27 am

Chander Lear wrote:Sorry. Was p$%#d in benidorm. Robise was fake news.

It's the only way to see Peckham By The Sea! :P
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:30 am

Stoney wrote:He ought to be ready at 21 years of age to be challenging for a first team spot. It's an important season for Jordan Graham.

Oh totally agree it's an important season, and I hope he'll play a significant role, but I doubt he will play one of the main roles. It's a bit much to expect given his lack of 1st team action, imo

Hopefully he'll be given more and more chances as the season progresses, provided he can show his worth
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:55 am

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Stoney wrote:He ought to be ready at 21 years of age to be challenging for a first team spot. It's an important season for Jordan Graham.

Oh totally agree it's an important season, and I hope he'll play a significant role, but I doubt he will play one of the main roles. It's a bit much to expect given his lack of 1st team action, imo

Hopefully he'll be given more and more chances as the season progresses, provided he can show his worth

really cannot see JD giving him that chance, failure is not an option as the last bloke, depending on the identity of the mystery striker i can see Davis on his bike before the start of the season
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:11 am

Talking "on his bike" etc,

I can imagine Danny Rose's agent will be making cslls around L2.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:32 am

oldweststander wrote:Talking "on his bike" etc,

My engine is running
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:02 am

And the conference, starting at Mardy Lane and the sheep dip.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:16 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:

My engine is running

I've made room for Macca too....
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:17 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:

My engine is running

He's scored 9(10), 14(17) and 4(5) goals in each of his seasons here... Last season was bad for him because of the summer and then getting injured but DF rarely favoured or gave him a go. For a Squad player id keep him and let him prove himself again... If he gets around 14 league goals again then brilliant.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:38 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

My engine is running

I've made room for Macca too....

I agree - I think JD should have been bolder when it came to the retention list and he should have put both of these two players on the transfer list (albeit they are under contract). They are decent players who would easily find another club, but we need better.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:14 pm

Macca and Rose I also think we should have attempted to sell, but both are good enough for a promotion winning side in my stubborn/humble opinion.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:26 pm

Maccas not really got a place in the squad for me.

Not good anywhere on the right side of the pitch, not a central midfielder either.

I’d put on the transfer list along with OSJ.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:37 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:Maccas not really got a place in the squad for me.

Not good anywhere on the right side of the pitch, not a central midfielder either.

I thought he wasnt that bad under Evans at right midfield, but we never saw him there under flitcroft and were pretty short of right sided players. It sounds like we're going to be playing with wingers next season so I would keep Macca and get another one in so there's competition in that position
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:47 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:Maccas not really got a place in the squad for me.

I thought he wasnt that bad under Evans at right midfield, but we never saw him there under flitcroft and were pretty short of right sided players. It sounds like we're going to be playing with wingers next season so I would keep Macca and get another one in so there's competition in that position

I’ve never seen him beat a man when he’s played the right of midfield and he only played there for his first six month Evans then moved him to the central of the field.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:50 pm

Macca and Rose are fine as back-up players.

Macca can cover both wings and the centre of the park, and I imagine is good in the dressing room. Rose has a decent enough scoring record and will be fine as an impact sub, or if he can rediscover his form he could even start.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:57 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Macca and Rose are fine as back-up players.

Macca can cover both wings and the centre of the park, and I imagine is good in the dressing room. Rose has a decent enough scoring record and will be fine as an impact sub, or if he can rediscover his form he could even start.

Maccas on a hefty wedge to be a back up player.

Think he’s one of the highest earners after his contract got renewed last year.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:04 pm

It shows how things move on, he was one of our best players when he agreed that contract. A good preseason and I’m sure he will be challenging for the first team again.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:04 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:

Maccas on a hefty wedge to be a back up player.

Think he’s one of the highest earners after his contract got renewed last year.

So do you risk transfer-listing and having an unhappy, influential member of the dressing room?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:22 pm

Macca would walk into most L2 teams, we need to get a grip, he was injured all season and then came back without full fitness...no doubt does more for team morale than most as well.

We have to keep hold of players like him if we want to progress, he might not start (I would of fully fit) but to have a proper squad you have to have quality throughout
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:24 pm

Get those Rose tinted spectacles off :D he never looks like scoring. We've just signed a striker who by all accounts likes to 'attack the ball' something Rose just doesn't do, if the cross ain't on his bonce he slumps into Kevin mode
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:31 pm

S7AGS wrote:Macca would walk into most L2 teams, we need to get a grip, he was injured all season and then came back without full fitness...no doubt does more for team morale than most as well.

We have to keep hold of players like him if we want to progress, he might not start (I would of fully fit) but to have a proper squad you have to have quality throughout

Another 'runs about a lot' to keep you happy but has no quality. Ball always stuck under his feet the hook it anywhere.
He came back late in the season and was part of the problem, we didn't control games cos he gives the ball away. Him, Tomlinson and Bishop were the least creative midfield in years as DF bottled it and tried to limp over the line with 'workhorses', it cost DF his job in the end.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Rigsby » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:36 pm

Rose had plenty of chances last year to be an impact sub, and quite frankly, wasn't. I know he had a nasty injury, but to be honest, rarely looked likely to score last year.
Rigsby
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:39 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Get those Rose tinted spectacles off :D he never looks like scoring. We've just signed a striker who by all accounts likes to 'attack the ball' something Rose just doesn't do, if the cross ain't on his bonce he slumps into Kevin mode

That's rubbish quite frankly Woodclanger. His goal at Lincoln disproves your point straight away.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:47 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

That's rubbish quite frankly Woodclanger. His goal at Lincoln disproves your point straight away.

One solitary goal with a ball on his bonce that GK made a hash of. When's the last time you saw him arrive, attack the ball and rise above the defender to nod home, you can't. He'd rather go for the spectacular scissor that rarely come off.
In fact this 'good in the air' is a bit of a myth
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:13 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

One solitary goal with a ball on his bonce that GK made a hash of. When's the last time you saw him arrive, attack the ball and rise above the defender to nod home, you can't. He'd rather go for the spectacular scissor that rarely come off.
In fact this 'good in the air' is a bit of a myth

It wasn't one solitary goal though was it, he scored plenty of headed goals when he was in form.

You may have forgotten that he got his face rearranged representing this club, and came back earlier than scheduled in order to try and help.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:17 pm

Come on girls, stop arguing, all about opinions don't forget.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum