{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dempsters First Signing !

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Dempsters First Signing !

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:16 pm

My guess would be that one of the bids is for Walker. A pretty obvious one at that :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:24 pm

WVStag wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
WVStag wrote:Pre-season starts next Wednesday for the team and not a single signing. Not a rumour. Not even tied up Mellis' contract officially yet. It's actually so poor.

Just because there’s nothing been confirmed doesn’t mean there isn’t stuff going on behind the scenes. We don’t have a lot to do in my opinion so let’s wait and see before we start saying it’s poor

There may well be stuff going on behind the scenes and I really hope there is, but the fact of the matter is that NOTHING has happened since the end of the season. The lack of noise coming from anywhere is uninspiring, and to convince yourself otherwise in my book is silly, to put it lightly. It's simply not normal considering what we've become accustomed to following the last few years of a clear promotion charge.

We also do have a lot to do. Just because we aren't signing a gazillion like Northampton, it doesn't mean it's an easier job. I'd argue it's harder to bring in 4/5 signings of REAL quality as opposed to 9 squad players. 4/5 signings might be all that we need but those 4/5 signings had better be of good quality if we are going to be taken seriously as promotion candidates this season in a league where the level just got raised a lot higher by what we've seen so far.

Wow what a wet wipe. Were in the position for the first time in years that we don't need to sign 10 players. We literally need about 4-5 and what team has signed 4 quality additions before pre season starts? None. It's not "so poor" you're just a complete idiot with no patience or understanding of what a good place the club is in

If you're panicking about no signings or "uninspired" by lack of rumours then this club isn't for you. Were not a club that needs an overhaul year after year, get up to speed if you've not for figured that out yet.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:27 pm

The Facebook version of the post goes on to say 'More from the Gaffer tomorrow', so we can assume there will be an interview of sorts.

Additionally, Chad confirm the club has advised no offers received for any of current squad.
Last edited by MTFCMusings on Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:34 pm

Chad saying no bids for any of our squad either
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:47 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:My guess would be that one of the bids is for Walker. A pretty obvious one at that :lol:

Ask that Kernow youth, he'll have been consulted. ;)

Who are the other 'in the knowers'? Even when they don't know they give you, "I knew who it was but couldn't say" :lol: :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:53 pm

I know who it is but I cant say.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:55 pm

I know who it isn’t but I can’t be bothered to say who it isn’t so I’m just not going to bother to say who it isn’t !
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:56 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:I know who it is but I cant say.

Never doubted that
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby 60+40 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:01 pm

Late Pogba bid ,It’s true, can’t disclose my source though
60+40
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:02 pm

I don't know what's more annoying. The fact that you can't say. Or the fact that you know :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby 60+40 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:04 pm

Or the fact he doesn’t know
60+40
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby WVStag » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:43 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
WVStag wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
WVStag wrote:Pre-season starts next Wednesday for the team and not a single signing. Not a rumour. Not even tied up Mellis' contract officially yet. It's actually so poor.

Just because there’s nothing been confirmed doesn’t mean there isn’t stuff going on behind the scenes. We don’t have a lot to do in my opinion so let’s wait and see before we start saying it’s poor

There may well be stuff going on behind the scenes and I really hope there is, but the fact of the matter is that NOTHING has happened since the end of the season. The lack of noise coming from anywhere is uninspiring, and to convince yourself otherwise in my book is silly, to put it lightly. It's simply not normal considering what we've become accustomed to following the last few years of a clear promotion charge.

We also do have a lot to do. Just because we aren't signing a gazillion like Northampton, it doesn't mean it's an easier job. I'd argue it's harder to bring in 4/5 signings of REAL quality as opposed to 9 squad players. 4/5 signings might be all that we need but those 4/5 signings had better be of good quality if we are going to be taken seriously as promotion candidates this season in a league where the level just got raised a lot higher by what we've seen so far.

Wow what a wet wipe. Were in the position for the first time in years that we don't need to sign 10 players. We literally need about 4-5 and what team has signed 4 quality additions before pre season starts? None. It's not "so poor" you're just a complete idiot with no patience or understanding of what a good place the club is in

If you're panicking about no signings or "uninspired" by lack of rumours then this club isn't for you. Were not a club that needs an overhaul year after year, get up to speed if you've not for figured that out yet.

What a remarkable bloke (?) you are :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some people just cannot be helped. :(
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:50 pm

60+40 wrote:Late Pogba bid ,It’s true, can’t disclose my source though

But which Pogba is it? Paul is obviously not the one. He does however have two brothers who are professional footballers. Mathias is a forward who scored against us for Wrexham. Florentin is a defender.

I was very impressed by Mathias when he played here and would have signed him on that showing alone. A big target man who fits the bill so obviously it won't be any of them.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby jay the butcher » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:23 pm

It's not like beckett
jay the butcher
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby jay the butcher » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:24 pm

It's not luke Beckett
jay the butcher
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:26 pm

Hylton
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:29 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Hylton

Signed new contract at Luton
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:34 pm

The One wrote:

Has he ? I’ve not seen any news updates suggesting that from there end apart from he remains under contract from the previous season.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:38 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
The One wrote:

Has he ? I’ve not seen any news updates suggesting that from there end apart from he remains under contract from the previous season.

Assume The One has inside info as this has not been officially announced.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:44 pm

Kane Hemmings & Enzio Boldewijn are my guesses.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:49 pm

Dan wrote:Kane Hemmings & Enzio Boldewijn are my guesses.

Hemmings wouldn't be completely bad, he scored quite a few for us but it seemed like he would miss 4 sitters before scoring one.

Boldewijn is a technically gifted player, does he go missing a lot though? Is he a grafter or a shirker? Haven't seen enough of him to properly judge but Notts fans were buzzing when they signed him
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:57 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Dan wrote:Kane Hemmings & Enzio Boldewijn are my guesses.

Hemmings wouldn't be completely bad, he scored quite a few for us but it seemed like he would miss 4 sitters before scoring one.

Boldewijn is a technically gifted player, does he go missing a lot though? Is he a grafter or a shirker? Haven't seen enough of him to properly judge but Notts fans were buzzing when they signed him

We need to steer clear of him imo.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rigsby » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:57 pm

Boldewijn is a luxury player, just as Grant was. I wouldn't bother with him. Hemmings is ok, but not prolific. We need someone to score at least 15 to 20 a season.
Rigsby
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:00 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
The One wrote:

Hylton's contract was extended 12 months ago to take it to 2020. He has not signed a new contract in the last year.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby stagsfan6493 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:08 pm

It’s not pre season unless Captain Dunno posts incorrect transfer information!
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum