{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dempsters First Signing !

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Dempsters First Signing !

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:32 am

I’ve added his loan appearances. His stats on the league are as I quoted, not as you quoted.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:37 am

Ahhh I see, so cups etc aren't included to massage the figures
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:41 am

I never include cup games in stats, don’t see the point at this level when the main competition is the league. I judge players on their league games, not padded records in the checkatrade trophy.

If I included his cup stats for us it would actually boost his record, so your point is again, unsurprisingly, incorrect.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:16 pm

FarnieStag wrote:Even if Danny Rose hit 30 a season I'd struggle to like a player who hit the deck every few minutes trying to con the referee

You obviously don't rate most of the Barca or Real squad then Farnie? ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:20 pm

Gruff wrote:

who's this then? what position is he?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:30 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Gruff wrote:

I think this could be the signing the original poster was talking about, the mystery finally solved :lol: he's a young defender from Burnley who has also represented Ireland at youth level.

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/2018/may/clarke-wins-scholar-award/
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:49 pm

Makes good reading

Looks like he has the right attitude - good luck to him
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:03 pm

:arrow: Makes good reading

Looks like he has the right attitude - good luck to him
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:31 pm

we thinking this is a first team squad signing or not ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:38 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Gruff wrote:

I think this could be the signing the original poster was talking about, the mystery finally solved :lol: he's a young defender from Burnley who has also represented Ireland at youth level.

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/2018/may/clarke-wins-scholar-award/

Think his dad just announced this on twitter :lol: :lol:
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:41 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:I never include cup games in stats, don’t see the point at this level when the main competition is the league. I judge players on their league games, not padded records in the checkatrade trophy.

If I included his cup stats for us it would actually boost his record, so your point is again, unsurprisingly, incorrect.

We'll agree to disagree then, either way his record is pretty average
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:51 pm

Looks like the Burnley lad is cover for Hayden White until White is fully fit and back in the team.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Johnny H » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:51 pm

Finally the club have announce the signing of the Young GK I spoke about a week or two ago !!! (This thread was started for this GK signing)
Not sure what all the delay was but welcome aboard !!!
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:22 pm

Johnny H wrote:Finally the club have announce the signing of the Young GK I spoke about a week or two ago !!! (This thread was started for this GK signing)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Okay mate
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:23 pm

WVStag wrote:
Johnny H wrote:Finally the club have announce the signing of the Young GK I spoke about a week or two ago !!! (This thread was started for this GK signing)

Not sure why you’re laughing WV. Everything Johnny said was correct, it just took longer than expected.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:38 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
WVStag wrote:

Not sure why you’re laughing WV. Everything Johnny said was correct, it just took longer than expected.

Easy chief. I know it was.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:40 pm

FarnieStag wrote:Even if Danny Rose hit 30 a season I'd struggle to like a player who hit the deck every few minutes trying to con the referee

It's a good job we arnt signing Danny Hylton then. :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:02 pm

WVStag wrote:

Aidan Stone has just put on twitter 'Glad to finally announce I've signed for Mansfield' which makes it sound like this got wrapped up ages ago.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:34 pm

Has there been any official confirmation of James Clarke signing?
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:44 pm

yorkstag wrote:Has there been any official confirmation of James Clarke signing?

I reckon he’s one for the under 21/reserves/development squad or what ever it’s called.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:45 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

Farnie (Stag?) - I don’t think many people care about your blinkered opinion of Danny Rose.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:54 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Farnie (Stag?) - I don’t think many people care about your blinkered opinion of Danny Rose.

It’s an interesting one though edders, we paid £150k for him so if we got a fee of the same amount...

I think he was largely played badly under DF (but then again as you know I didn’t like him) if we’ve now got cook and keep Davies free from injuries...

I like Danny, but if we could recoup the money I’d certainly consider it if were JR
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:23 pm

yorkstag wrote:Has there been any official confirmation of James Clarke signing?

Yes Burnley announced it
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby FarnieStag » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:09 am

Edwinstowe Stag.. your pompous replies to anyone who disagrees with you are tedious and predictable. I'd love to see Danny Rose be a success in amber but his stats are there for all to see. It's your love of him that's blinkered - remember he wanted to say adios to us and is only here because it fell through. As soon his agent can find another club he'll be off. I'm obviously old-fashioned, I just want to see good players who aren't always looking to "win" a foul. Looking back not that far at some of our best strikers (e.g. Keith Cassells, Phil Stant) they just got their head down and concentrated on finding the back of the net rather than practicing the dark arts. And when he does find another club you'll change your opinion when he hits the deck every few minutes at Field Mill.
Back on theme, Dempster's first signing looks a good one. I've no idea whether Cook looks to "win" fouls too (I suspect he will, as it seems to be even coached now), but his stats prove he's a natural scorer so I might just have to turn a blind eye!!
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:14 am

FarnieStag wrote:Edwinstowe Stag.. your pompous replies to anyone who disagrees with you are tedious and predictable. I'd love to see Danny Rose be a success in amber but his stats are there for all to see. It's your love of him that's blinkered - remember he wanted to say adios to us and is only here because it fell through. As soon his agent can find another club he'll be off. I'm obviously old-fashioned, I just want to see good players who aren't always looking to "win" a foul. Looking back not that far at some of our best strikers (e.g. Keith Cassells, Phil Stant) they just got their head down and concentrated on finding the back of the net rather than practicing the dark arts. And when he does find another club you'll change your opinion when he hits the deck every few minutes at Field Mill.
Back on theme, Dempster's first signing looks a good one. I've no idea whether Cook looks to "win" fouls too (I suspect he will, as it seems to be even coached now), but his stats prove he's a natural scorer so I might just have to turn a blind eye!!

Farnie - Somewhat ironically (and with no intentional pomposity) I actually agree with much of what you state. I just cannot see the sense in the relentless negative slating of any MTFC player who is giving his all.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum