{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Newport play-off part 2 sponsored by extra-time & penalties

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Newport play-off part 2 sponsored by extra-time & penalt

Postby Sedgwick » Sun May 12, 2019 8:15 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:Well at least all the df lovers can shut up now.

They won’t

Sacking your manager every year, especially after finish fourth just screams idiotic.

Imagine sending cox packing after loosing to York.

Stop with the 4th nonsense and look at what’s happened since January, results poor and the football has been bang average. It’s absolutely pathetic that Newport have been more successful than us this season it really is... bottom 3 budget they’ve got according to Sky. It’s embarrassing to be honest

again you absolute idiot... sacking the manager year after Year doesn't equal success, it never does. Who do you want to be manager? theres no suggestions just idiotic moans and cries... year after year.

If your first thought after failure is sack the manager, then you're part of the problem.

In JR we trust, He will get it right.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Sun May 12, 2019 8:16 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:

They won’t

Sacking your manager every year, especially after finish fourth just screams idiotic.

Fully agree.

Look at Lincoln and County, which team opted for the rebuild job after going close and where are they now?
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun May 12, 2019 8:16 pm

Julian wrote:All done with this cursed club. Complete waste of time and fifty year's worth of money. That was a complete load of cr@p to witness. Ta! Ra! and best of luck to you all.

we never give up on our club never, players and managers come n go

we stay coz we care
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sun May 12, 2019 8:17 pm

steiner wrote:
Julian wrote:All done with this cursed club. Complete waste of time and fifty year's worth of money. That was a complete load of cr@p to witness. Ta! Ra! and best of luck to you all.

Asethee....see you next season!! :lol:

20 Mar 1999 Cambridge United v Mansfield Town W 7-2 League Division 3

This is when I 'gave up'.

Still watching now.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Sun May 12, 2019 8:18 pm

See ya, go join the am dram society, you will fit right in.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby HughesyStag89 » Sun May 12, 2019 8:19 pm

Let’s just sack Flitcroft and drag in someone new to then fail us again ?
David’s done a bloody good job with this club and even though we have lost on the last hurdle we still finished 4th in the league with the best defensive record in the division!!
I know next season seems a long time away but we will be favourites or one of !! I’m hurting now, we all are but sacking Flitcroft is not the answer unless things don’t change early on next season
HughesyStag89
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sedgwick » Sun May 12, 2019 8:21 pm

Said it before, but the moaners on here already want the next manager out.... What ever JR decides, back him and support this club.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun May 12, 2019 8:21 pm

I wanna try and credit the lads and manager but I can’t do it - this season has been a epic failure, we are being laughed at and we deserve it.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun May 12, 2019 8:23 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Said it before, but the moaners on here already want the next manager out.... What ever JR decides, back him and support this club.

I hate comments like this, WE ALL SUPPORT THE CLUB. Just because we want a tactically inept manager out who has wasted the biggest budget in our history doesn’t mean we don’t support the club.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun May 12, 2019 8:23 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:

They won’t

Stop with the 4th nonsense and look at what’s happened since January, results poor and the football has been bang average. It’s absolutely pathetic that Newport have been more successful than us this season it really is... bottom 3 budget they’ve got according to Sky. It’s embarrassing to be honest

again you absolute idiot... sacking the manager year after Year doesn't equal success, it never does. Who do you want to be manager? theres no suggestions just idiotic moans and cries... year after year.

If your first thought after failure is sack the manager, then you're part of the problem.

In JR we trust, He will get it right.

Glad you want to watch that football again... cos been awful. Why can’t you see the facts, which is that since January we have been 16th/17th in the form table.

We got 1 more point than County in that time. Morecambe got more than us, wake up and smell the coffee Sedgwick instead of clapping along like a seal. We have well and truly bottled it (again).
Last edited by BH_Stag on Sun May 12, 2019 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun May 12, 2019 8:23 pm

Lincoln bottled the play-offs last season and kept the faith, look where they are. Notts county also bottled the play offs last season and didn't keep the faith, look where they are.

If it was wholly Flitcroft's side and didn't contain Evans' deadwood and crocks I'd be a little more annoyed. Flitcroft was hamstrung by this. However next season he essentially has a clean slate, with players he wants. It will be all on him.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun May 12, 2019 8:24 pm

The fact is flitcrofts management since he came to Mansfield has been littered with failure whenever it’s mattered and the pressures on.

He’s failed, again.

If I had a gun to my head and had to make a decision I’d say keep him, but by god it’s about time he started producing.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sun May 12, 2019 8:24 pm

If you’ve been coming for 50 years, this has been an excellent season compared to 45 of em :lol: :lol:
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun May 12, 2019 8:25 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Lincoln bottled the play-offs last season and kept the faith, look where they are. Notts county also bottled the play offs last season and didn't keep the faith, look where they are.

If it was wholly Flitcroft's side and didn't contain Evans' deadwood and crocks I'd be a little more annoyed. Flitcroft was hamstrung by this. However next season he essentially has a clean slate, with players he wants. It will be all on him.

It was their first season in the league after he’d just won them promotion from the conference, completely different story.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun May 12, 2019 8:25 pm

We have bottled it but some of the crying on here is pathetic. Take it like a man fgs.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby bmthstag » Sun May 12, 2019 8:28 pm

The challenge next season will be replacing this season’s loan players. In my op8nion we need fewer loanees and more permanent players who will give it all week in and week out.
I’ve some sympathy for Flitcroft, the injury to White in the middle of the season was, I think, the turning point.

It’ll be interesting to see who we want to keep and who wants to stay.

One thing’s for sure though, it’ll be a hell of a lot tougher league next year with Plymouth, Walsall coming down and Salford going up.

Thanks again for JR and CR, We need their continued support now more than ever.
bmthstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Sun May 12, 2019 8:30 pm

Beano wrote:

If you’ve been coming for 50 years, this has been an excellent season compared to 45 of em :lol: :lol:

This is true, most seasons are mediocre...Dont forget about the top 3 budget Beano, that entitles us to promotion ;)
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby gazza1988 » Sun May 12, 2019 8:31 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Lincoln bottled the play-offs last season and kept the faith, look where they are. Notts county also bottled the play offs last season and didn't keep the faith, look where they are.

It was their first season in the league after he’d just won them promotion from the conference, completely different story.

But they still bottled the play offs. Some Lincoln fans wanted him gone. same story.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Sun May 12, 2019 8:32 pm

I will never stop supporting my club, it’s a good job JR never did!
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun May 12, 2019 8:34 pm

london amber stag wrote:

I will never stop supporting my club, it’s a good job JR never did!

Agreed, why would you do that?

You stick together in these situations
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun May 12, 2019 8:35 pm

We've been running on fumes for past 5 or 6 games. Only adrenaline saw us have a late flurry.

Our problem has been lack of depth to the squad. This is something he will have to address in the summer. For me too many variables went against Flitcroft at the start of the season (and during) for me to want him sacked right now. However it will be a big summer and a big season for him next season.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun May 12, 2019 8:39 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

But they still bottled the play offs. Some Lincoln fans wanted him gone. same story.

Flitcroft took over team that must have been 1/20 minmum for the playoffs when he came in last year and somehow managed to blow it in spectacular fashion.

This year we have blown promotion by performing like a bottom half team since the window closed. We have now blown the playoffs as well.

Lincoln came up and went straight in to the playoffs (in our place!!), and this year smashed it whist we failed again, hardly correlates directly with us does it?

Talk of being unlucky with the injury to White as someone else said isn’t a good enough excuse either when he had the opportunity to replace him. Unfortunately We signed Jones who couldn’t be further away from White if he tried
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Sun May 12, 2019 8:44 pm

Wouldn't want to be in the trenches with you sunshine.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun May 12, 2019 8:46 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:

we never give up on our club never, players and managers come n go

we stay coz we care

Yes. Julian, do us all a favour. Do one.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Kyleaston » Sun May 12, 2019 8:49 pm

We just cannot seem to win on tv, 4 games shown on tv and drawn 2 and lost 2, just find it strange how Sky Sports are making out that Newport were better when we edged second half and dominated extra time.
Will be interesting what effect it will have next season. Just as I thought I can download a full match to see Mansfield win, we bottle it on tv again. Just be interesting to see what the effect is next season, Notts County couldn't recover and got relegated. Hopefully it will not be the same for us. Bring Paul Cox back please?
If we would have played like that in the 1st leg we could have won instead of drawed though but too much defending has cost us. 1st half seemed like too much hoof ball with no support and then we brightened up. I think it's a harsh way to go home though we had a shot off the line and Hamilton and Walker missed chances. Newport were just more clinical especially in penalties. The one time I wanted Logan to make the save with the penalty and this time he couldn't where there would be no rebound concerned.
We had a go, but it's been a cruel and to the season and one that you just wonder what effect it can have on us.
Good luck to Newport, if they are that good, I expect them to win in the final though. I know Newport were formed before the Welsh League, but it's controversial when we lose against a team who shouldn't be in the 'English Football league'.
Kyleaston
Youth Team
Youth Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum