{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tickets for MK (SOME MOVED TO TOP TIER)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Tickets for MK (SOME MOVED TO TOP TIER)

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:06 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:it's pretty pathetic. Had they not come over and goaded then there wouldn't have been a pitch invasion from our side.

Not that I'm advocating anything, but they need to look at the source of the reason behind it, especially when emotions were high due to our team's failure.

removed.
I'm just personally glad I'm not friends with one.

Fancy tarnishing a whole profession with one brush. I know a couple of Police Officers who are absolutely sound. They are simply doing a job
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:07 pm

We got burgled while we were upstairs asleep. We knew who’d done it & we knew where the stuff was. They’d filled my car full of our stuff then drove off with it. We found the car near a lock up. The same lock up the person involved owned. We even got cctv from the local shop which showed them coming past carrying my camera equipment. The police refused to look inside the lock up as they claimed they had no evidence despite us telling them we knew it was in there. Absolute shambles. We solved the crime & gave them the evidence yet they still couldn’t be arsed to do the proper work.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:18 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:it's pretty pathetic. Had they not come over and goaded then there wouldn't have been a pitch invasion from our side.

Not that I'm advocating anything, but they need to look at the source of the reason behind it, especially when emotions were high due to our team's failure.

removed.

Fancy tarnishing a whole profession with one brush. I know a couple of Police Officers who are absolutely sound. They are simply doing a job

Nottinghamshire police are regularly one of the worst forces in the country and have for years been more hostile towards Mansfield than they have to county or forest.

If anything at football matches from experience they tend to cause more trouble than what they solve!
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:29 pm

adamstag wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:

removed.

Not disputing that but to say you are personally glad you aren’t friends with one is a bit far.

Nottinghamshire police are regularly one of the worst forces in the country and have for years been more hostile towards Mansfield than they have to county or forest.

If anything at football matches from experience they tend to cause more trouble than what they solve!
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stafford » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:17 pm

Well done the Plod. Anyone that went onto the pitch should be banned. Pathetic behaviour from tanked up numpties that seem to follow our club. Personally, I couldn't care less about the MK fans and how they've been dealt with. Professionally handled by our Plod and can't see how anyone has any issues with them in this instance.
First Stags game:

Stags 0 - 0 Exeter City
April 24, 1993
Stafford
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:54 pm

Stafford wrote:Well done the Plod. Anyone that went onto the pitch should be banned. Pathetic behaviour from tanked up numpties that seem to follow our club. Personally, I couldn't care less about the MK fans and how they've been dealt with. Professionally handled by our Plod and can't see how anyone has any issues with them in this instance.

Wonder what you thought about the MK stewards goading some of the fans too. Not saying it's right what some fans did, but it all could have been avoided. They only want easy arrests so they can get numbers up and a nice pay bonus
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:11 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Stafford wrote:Well done the Plod. Anyone that went onto the pitch should be banned. Pathetic behaviour from tanked up numpties that seem to follow our club. Personally, I couldn't care less about the MK fans and how they've been dealt with. Professionally handled by our Plod and can't see how anyone has any issues with them in this instance.

Wonder what you thought about the MK stewards goading some of the fans too. Not saying it's right what some fans did, but it all could have been avoided. They only want easy arrests so they can get numbers up and a nice pay bonus

Not sure where this idea comes from that the plod get productivity bonuses for nicking people. Surely if that were true they'd have been round to Dans like raspberries off a shovel?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:48 pm

Sneag is right, there is absolutely no bonuses for arrests whatsoever. Just a fair bit of paperwork and time spent on each arrest!
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Stafford » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:54 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

Couldn't care less whether the stewards were goading folk. Do people have no self restraint? Do they not know right from wrong? Get a grip. These aren't little kids that didn't know what they were doing. They made the choices themselves to behave like knuckledraggers, regardless of anything anyone else did.
First Stags game:

Stags 0 - 0 Exeter City
April 24, 1993
Stafford
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:50 pm

Stafford wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Couldn't care less whether the stewards were goading folk. Do people have no self restraint? Do they not know right from wrong? Get a grip. These aren't little kids that didn't know what they were doing. They made the choices themselves to behave like knuckledraggers, regardless of anything anyone else did.

Ok PC Stafford.
I think we all agree they are big game knuckledraggers, it's the Notts police "delight" in catching them whilst MK police don't seem interested???
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:57 pm

I think the bigger argument was that there was fewer arrests for MK fans than Mansfield fans - despite them rubbing onto the pitch first, there being more of them and them being the ones which started the incident in the first place.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:24 pm

adamstag wrote:I think the bigger argument was that there was fewer arrests for MK fans than Mansfield fans - despite them rubbing onto the pitch first, there being more of them and them being the ones which started the incident in the first place.

I remember going on the pitch and celebrating promotion many moons ago, our opponents that day were Carlisle.

Two Carlisle fans climbed onto the pitch from the Bishop St stand, walked over to us and shook our hands.

It’s not difficult to be a decent human being.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:21 am

too true bud, if you've a team full of bottlers in your side you have to accept it. crap happens
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Stafford » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:19 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Stafford wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Ok PC Stafford.
I think we all agree they are big game knuckledraggers, it's the Notts police "delight" in catching them whilst MK police don't seem interested???

I work for the NHS mate, not a bobby. I just find it difficult to believe that people think it's acceptable to break the law and then be surprised when the police do something about it.
First Stags game:

Stags 0 - 0 Exeter City
April 24, 1993
Stafford
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:26 am

I think we have all seen the drunken, belligerent wannabe but past it yobs that turn out for some of the big away days. They are the ones with all of the gob who don't want to watch the game and just make pillocks of themselves. Unfortunately we have a reputation at away games for that type of fan and they are the main reason we always seem to get the extra sanctions.

Could it be that these may have been the main target of this operation in an effort to get them banned ?.

Whilst agreeing there should be balance in the targeting of each club's fans, we can't condone thuggish behaviour by complaining that MK fans are getting away with it.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:44 am

It's probably just a coincidence that the arrests have been made a week before the Grimsby game.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:30 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I think we have all seen the drunken, belligerent wannabe but past it yobs that turn out for some of the big away days. They are the ones with all of the gob who don't want to watch the game and just make pillocks of themselves. Unfortunately we have a reputation at away games for that type of fan and they are the main reason we always seem to get the extra sanctions.

Could it be that these may have been the main target of this operation in an effort to get them banned ?.

Whilst agreeing there should be balance in the targeting of each club's fans, we can't condone thuggish behaviour by complaining that MK fans are getting away with it.

Good post . It just ruins the reputation of our true fans & club
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum