{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Karl Hawley and Danny Grainger (Carlisle United)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Karl Hawley and Danny Grainger (Carlisle United)

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:31 am

There are a couple of interesting articles in the Carlisle News and Star by John Colman

There is a good interview with our former assistant manager Karl Hawley on his playing career and the problems he had.

He praises former Stag Kevin Gray:

“If I was a manager in League Two now, I would say, ‘find me a Kevin Gray.’ There’s none about. Off the pitch he used to look after me; I lived with him in a flat and he would cook for me. On the pitch he was a different kind of animal. I remember before we played Rushden, their striker Drewe Broughton giving it, ‘Ah, number six, he’s got no legs, terrorise him’. Kev was calm as anything. Then, first challenge – oh my God. He folded him, absolutely folded him. Broughton had one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen after that.”

He is also not a fan of Steve Evans:

"Hawley went on loan to Crawley but says he was messed around by Steve Evans – “just a horrible man” – and returned in an emotional rut"

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/175 ... breakdown/

Carlisle left back, Danny Grainger, has also decided to retire from professional football at the end of the season. He's been one of the best attacking left backs in League 2 and takes a decent penalty. I wonder if he will be inviting Neal Bishop to his retirement party :lol:

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/175 ... oys-dream/
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum