{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:47 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:14 pm

player ratings and detailed report now on
https://stagsnet.net/match/reports/view ... atchid=988
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby BigGuy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:53 pm

Anyone else see Mr Flitcroft nip off to the lower west toilets, i’m sure he missed Hamilton’s goal but may have been crowd surfing whilst it was being put in the quarry lane net.

Edit-just admitted in his interview he missed it!
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:20 pm

When you've gotta go, you've gotta go. Pleased he tinkled in the correct receptical as we don't want another peeing up the back of the stand shocker.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:35 pm

Mellis was motm, made us tick. We’d have walked last weeks game if we’d not played to their tune and played more like we did today
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:56 pm

Benning is the best attacking LB in the league by a mile. Thought he was superb today!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:59 am

I know we won 4-0 but thought officials were poor today... lots of incorrect calls and how we never got the penalty for the shove/assault on walker?! That said sweeney was a lucky boy with that tackle, if he’d not booked their man minutes before he might’ve sent him off
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:31 am

Worth noting that Gethin Jones had his best game since his arrival (IMO)
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:32 am

wayno cordiniho wrote:I know we won 4-0 but thought officials were poor today... lots of incorrect calls and how we never got the penalty for the shove/assault on walker?! That said sweeney was a lucky boy with that tackle, if he’d not booked their man minutes before he might’ve sent him off

I thought that too. There was also an incident where Mal was brought down on the edge of their box and he played on. It was either a freekick or a yellow for diving.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:39 am

Sneag wrote:
wayno cordiniho wrote:I know we won 4-0 but thought officials were poor today... lots of incorrect calls and how we never got the penalty for the shove/assault on walker?! That said sweeney was a lucky boy with that tackle, if he’d not booked their man minutes before he might’ve sent him off

I thought that too. There was also an incident where Mal was brought down on the edge of their box and he played on. It was either a freekick or a yellow for diving.

Mr Kettle loves the limelight. He believes that he (not the game) is what we pay to watch.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:45 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:Benning is the best attacking LB in the league by a mile. Thought he was superb today!!!

I though Mal was well off his usual pace. He definitely had a first half to forget, the Morecambe RWB Zac Mills had the better of him all half, he gave the ball away needlessly on a few occasions too. Then the ball from Logan that he failed to control which went out for a throw-in.

He had a much better 2nd half but did put us under more unneeded pressure at 1-0 when he failed to.deal with the high ball near the half way line. His goal was a cracker, straight out of the top draw.

Benning has been one of our most consistent players this season, he has really upped his game from an all round point of view, but I personally don't think he was at his best today! Although I'd take that kind of performance from him every week if the results remained the same!!
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:47 am

Kettle was absolutely useless. Lost control of a game that wasn’t bad tempered at all. Thought he turned down a stick on pen too. Booked the wrong players at the wrong time.

Useless Crab Fat
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:01 am

bellwhiff wrote:

Kettle was absolutely useless. Lost control of a game that wasn’t bad tempered at all. Thought he turned down a stick on pen too. Booked the wrong players at the wrong time.

Useless Ex-Crab Fat

Fixed that for you. I agree, I thought Kettle was absolutely terrible as usual, his lack of application of the advantage law for each side was the sort of error I'd expect from a Level 7. His constant whistle blowing, him trying to stop players taking a drink on the hottest day of the year and just his attitude throughout mark him out as clearly the worst referee at our level, by a distance.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Andy Perrin » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:07 am

Leave him alone his record for us is unreal, he must be a stags fan !!
Been a Glory Hunter since 1969
Andy Perrin
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:16 am

Andy Perrin wrote:Leave him alone his record for us is unreal, he must be a stags fan !!

Yes I know, I will never forget his performance many, many years ago in the home game against Darlo, he gave us everything and pretty much booked every Darlo player and sent one off. He's definitely the worst referee in the league, some of his errors are legendary.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:43 pm

report tweaked in one or two places after going through the game again.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:56 pm

88BenM wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Benning is the best attacking LB in the league by a mile. Thought he was superb today!!!

I though Mal was well off his usual pace. He definitely had a first half to forget, the Morecambe RWB Zac Mills had the better of him all half, he gave the ball away needlessly on a few occasions too. Then the ball from Logan that he failed to control which went out for a throw-in.

He had a much better 2nd half but did put us under more unneeded pressure at 1-0 when he failed to.deal with the high ball near the half way line. His goal was a cracker, straight out of the top draw.

Benning has been one of our most consistent players this season, he has really upped his game from an all round point of view, but I personally don't think he was at his best today! Although I'd take that kind of performance from him every week if the results remained the same!!

He set up the opening goal. Terrible half.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:08 pm

Rob wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Useless Ex-Crab Fat

Fixed that for you. I agree, I thought Kettle was absolutely terrible as usual, his lack of application of the advantage law for each side was the sort of error I'd expect from a Level 7. His constant whistle blowing, him trying to stop players taking a drink on the hottest day of the year and just his attitude throughout mark him out as clearly the worst referee at our level, by a distance.

I did note that Kettle delayed the game for a moment when he begged a drink from the Chief. Guess that he thinks that younger men don't need it.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:47 pm

He was awful.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum