{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Shrimps Scorefred Sponsored by Come on Mansfield!

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Shrimps Scorefred Sponsored by Come on Mansfield!

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:31 am

lifestags wrote:A friend was asking yesterday how many assists Mellis had got, so I had a bit of time on my hands this morning and checked the highlights of the games so far and decided to note down how many assists players have got so far. I've used fantasy football rules so a player must of had direct involvement in a goal for example had a shot on target that fell to another player or won a penalty that resulting in a goal. This is including cup games.

Mellis 8.
Hamilton 8
Benning 7
Walker 6
Ajose 5
Khan 5
Sweeney 3
Pearce 3
Butcher 3
Rose 3
White 3
Grant 2
Preston 2
Elsnik 2
Davies 1
Graham 1
McDonald 1
Tomlinson 1
Bishop 1

Ajose's is impressive considering he only played about 5 games, certainly puts his contribution to the team in a different light to the average that I thought he was.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:40 am

Sneag wrote:
Amberheart wrote:I see Morcambes goalie played a blinder against us today .
He would've been well up for it , being an ex Spireite & Forest !

His save from Jones was one of the best I've seen in years at Field Mill.

We could have been 4 up by half time.

Was that the one on the stroke of half time ?
That was a worldie.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:41 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:For the stick Hamilton gets sometimes he really hasn't done bad to get 12 goals and 8 assists. He couldn't hit a barn door 2 years ago but has improved a lot. Mellis too, I don't even remember him doing anything under Steve Evans but DF is getting something out of him

He played well yesterday. Took the goal very well.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:58 am

bellwhiff wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:For the stick Hamilton gets sometimes he really hasn't done bad to get 12 goals and 8 assists. He couldn't hit a barn door 2 years ago but has improved a lot. Mellis too, I don't even remember him doing anything under Steve Evans but DF is getting something out of him

In the second half we sat just in front a youngish bloke who was constantly slagging CJ off, when CJ scored I looked around to see him still sat on his seat. Some folk are just born to be an imbecile.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:12 am

Rob wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

In the second half we sat just in front a youngish bloke who was constantly slagging CJ off, when CJ scored I looked around to see him still sat on his seat. Some folk are just born to be an imbecile.

Yeah, he can be frustrating at times, but he's a League 2 player in a League 2 team. And if you (the guy near Rob) aren't enjoying a player like CJ in a season like this, then go and find something else to do instead of watching Mansfield - your presence isn't contributing positively to anything.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:29 am

A fantastic performance. It was really hard to pick a Man of the Match. The back three were outstanding with Krystian Pearce scoring a goal. Gethin Jones had a fantastic 1st half and his best game for the Stags. Mal Benning gets us on the front foot and put some great crosses in and got an assist for the first goal and then scored a cracker in the 2nd half. Neal Bishop was his usual excellent self and intercepted Ritchie Sutton's pass to set up the first goal and his shot set up the Chief for a dazzling bit of footwork and the second goal. Jorge Grant was good in the first half and the second goal came from his free kick. Tyler Walker worked hard up front. CJ Hamilton was excellent and unplayable at times in the 2nd half and scored his 13th goal of the season. However in the end I gave MOM to Jacob Mellis for his superb performance in midfield, scoring the first goal, setting up the third goal and even being involved in the build up for the fourth goal from Mal Benning.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:02 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:

That was a worldie.

That's the one. Incredible save, isn't he about 70 too? :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:20 pm

Rob wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

some people come to watch the stags with a weird expectation, players at this level are always going to get things wrong sometimes, that being said it doesn’t really get much more exciting than CJ at this level - maybe that fella should stick to sky sports.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:08 pm

Don’t get some folk at the game either yesterday, chill.

The place for airing your grievances - correctly or not - is on here - I couldn’t give a toss if folk like rob don’t agree with what I say, just don’t do it infront of the players.

Cracking showing in general though!

Onto Oldham!
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:06 pm

Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:

That was a worldie.

The one we’re he saved it then clawed it Away on the line ? If that’s the one you’re on about I thought that was grant. Jones was unlucky with his header though.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:16 pm

Grant is such a class player. It is a shame he isn't being started regularly - he is so much better than Macca. Hopefully we will play both Mellis & Grant in these last 3 games now - we need wins, not draws.

As for the 'worldie' save - the one from Jones' header on the stroke of half-time was actually quite close to the keeper's body, but it looked spectacular - whereas the save where he clawed it out of the goal following the save from Grant's shot was a better save in my opinion.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:19 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:

That was a worldie.

The one we’re he saved it then clawed it Away on the line ? If that’s the one you’re on about I thought that was grant. Jones was unlucky with his header though.

These are all on the video "create chances" on the video thread.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum