{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cobblers Scorefred Sponsored by Points mean Prizes

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Cobblers Scorefred Sponsored by Points mean Prizes

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:05 pm

The result was ok but the performance was really poor in an attacking sense. Since the Exeter game and because it worked against them we have reverted to hoof ball, trying to get CJ in over the top. You can’t have that midfield 3 either, devoid of any creativity.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:07 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:The result was ok but the performance was really poor in an attacking sense. Since the Exeter game and because it worked against them we have reverted to hoof ball, trying to get CJ in over the top. You can’t have that midfield 3 either, devoid of any creativity.

Spot on, if he wants Bishop and Tommo at least play Mellis instead of Macca
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:08 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:How on earth does Logan earn a pro wage? So many errors it is ridiculous. We were silly today though sitting back as they didn't look like scoring any way other than a set piece. Management and the players look far too nervous for me to have any faith in us going up this year.

Logan didn't really make a mistake unless you were looking for it.

so, he DID then?
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:11 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:The result was ok but the performance was really poor in an attacking sense. Since the Exeter game and because it worked against them we have reverted to hoof ball, trying to get CJ in over the top. You can’t have that midfield 3 either, devoid of any creativity.

I said the same thing about creativity in midfield. There's no link to the attackers with Macca, Bishop and Tomlinson. We need either mellis or grant in for either Macca or Tomlinson.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:12 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
spanishstag wrote:If anyone can tell me conrad logan is a good goalkeeper after today i will be amazed ,he never even got near the cross that they scored from ,hes a liability

Smith isn't loads better either though.

The defense didn't help today giving away stupid fouls just outside the area.

I didnt say smith was better though i think he is pearcey dont trust logan thats obvious ,logan never comes for a cross , ,the defenders dont have confidence in logan and neither do i
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:13 pm

In today’s game, both CJ Hamilton and Tyler Walker had almost zero influence. It was a poor game and, under the circumstances, I am relieved that we held on for a point.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:16 pm

m1cksut wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:How on earth does Logan earn a pro wage? So many errors it is ridiculous. We were silly today though sitting back as they didn't look like scoring any way other than a set piece. Management and the players look far too nervous for me to have any faith in us going up this year.

so, he DID then?

Logan completely stood on his line whilst they scored from that cross ,,hes not even i control of his six yard box never mind his penalty area , he is going to cost us big time mark my words ,hopefully not this season
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:16 pm

spanishstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
spanishstag wrote:If anyone can tell me conrad logan is a good goalkeeper after today i will be amazed ,he never even got near the cross that they scored from ,hes a liability

I didnt say smith was better though i think he is pearcey dont trust logan thats obvious ,logan never comes for a cross , ,the defenders dont have confidence in logan and neither do i

we've got to stick with one of em now. only 4 games left and we can't be bombing keepers out each game.

I think our tactics / style of play need looking at. We seem to do well against teams in the top half but all the teams in bottom half never give us a sniff recently
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:18 pm

I thought that until I rewatched the goal and he was in no mans land. I know it will go down like a lead balloon on here as well but we do miss Grants creativity with the 3 we started with today in the middle. Mellis did better when he came on but Grant (whilst lazy) can create a chance out of nothing which we really miss. One of Mellis or Grant needs to start instead of Bishop or Macca.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:22 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:In today’s game, both CJ Hamilton and Tyler Walker had almost zero influence. It was a poor game and, under the circumstances, I am relieved that we held on for a point.

Your right we hung on ,and it could be the point that gets us promoted ,but ,. happened today ,no cohesion ,it was like watching rewind of our worst perfomances this season ,anyway we didnt lose ,still in there
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:22 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:

I thought that until I rewatched the goal and he was in no mans land. I know it will go down like a lead balloon on here as well but we do miss Grants creativity with the 3 we started with today in the middle. Mellis did better when he came on but Grant (whilst lazy) can create a chance out of nothing which we really miss. One of Mellis or Grant needs to start instead of Bishop or Macca.

I was screaming for grant to come on for that free kick in the last minute :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:23 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:

We needed grant today ,but hey ho
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:58 pm

BH_Stag wrote:It’s the performance, more than the point, that’s concerning when you take in to account last week. Like Flitcroft said in a recent interview..’when the group gets it wrong, they get it really wrong’ and unfortunately when that happens we’re completely inept as an attacking force and has happened a little too frequently in 2019 (our defence rarely wavers). Thankfully still in our hands, but we can’t afford to be turning out any more ‘1 shot on targets’ between now and the end of the season.

I agree about the performance, it is concerning, we seem to lurch from one awful away performance,( Exeter excepted of course) after another. The home performances not much better.
As for an inept attacking force, it's not Tyler Walkers fault for me. The lad had nothing at all to work with, nothing, like last week apart from one chance. Hamilton has been off it for quite a while,for me since his head was turned by talk of a move.
We need to scrape through automatically because I really can't see us getting past a Tranmere side for example in a play off scenario.
It's strange to say if we go up major surgery is needed, as usually there is a big feel good factor about any promoted club. With this side though I just cannot envisage many of them cutting it there . That may sound a little unkind but looking around at the faces in the crowd today most just look bewildered by how bloody ordinary we look.
We need to get there somehow, a big two wins over Easter would be massive, but for that to happen we have to have shots on the bloody goal.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby garlic » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:38 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

I said the same thing about creativity in midfield. There's no link to the attackers with Macca, Bishop and Tomlinson. We need either mellis or grant in for either Macca or Tomlinson.

Unless he changes from his beloved back 5 to a back 4, then the midfield will not be overrun as much and we just might be able to put a few passes together, but with the back 5 as it now is, that is not going to happen.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby Vice President » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:50 pm

Grant should be playing. Having him out of the side is costing us. MacDonald doesn't offer anything (other than run around a lot).

DF's decision to drop both Grant & Mellis in favour MacDonald (plus Smith for Logan) could prove to have been a very bad mistake.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:59 pm

Just seen the goals... very poor from Logan. Frustrating but not overly surprising.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:28 pm

Logan has cost us a fair amount of points, but hey ho some reckon he’s better than Smith.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:41 pm

spanishstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

You're scraping the barrel referring to Jason Pearcey in a GK who is better debate!!!!!
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:11 pm

The entire team were poor today, long balls, poor control, nervy passing and rushed movement. We got a point from an average Northampton team. They had the better chances and that many set pieces the ending was obvious. We don't need to name and shame players we need to get behind them not openly criticise. A point more than kick off. COYS
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:37 am

Spiritater wrote:It'd be nice to have a whacking win like Huddersfield back in the day but I think it's gonna be tough. It's firmly back in our own hands now but we'll not want to do it the easy way, we'll want to do it the Mansfield Town way instead.

Hmmm,always the Mansfield Town way, why would we want to change now eh!
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:44 am

on a happier note, i was trying to remember the last time i saw a stag score directly from a corner, and for me it was Gordon Hodgson, who, if memory serves, did it twice in the space of a few matches at the Mill.
may have been others since, but my memory is damaged.
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:01 am

yorkshire stag wrote:

boom hate to say” i told you so”

So the fact the errrm strike force did cluck all is Con's fault it seems too. Listeningto the game it was matter of time before they scored as there nothing up top to worry them. Degea would've conceded eventually if he was in goal for us with the amount of free kicks around t'box they had.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:11 am

Spiritater wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

So the fact the errrm strike force did cluck all is Con's fault it seems too. Listeningto the game it was matter of time before they scored as there nothing up top to worry them. Degea would've conceded eventually if he was in goal for us with the amount of free kicks around t'box they had.

Listening to the game? You had to be there to understand it. Logan was poor IMO, doesn’t install any confidence in the back line, so slow off his line and never commands his area.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:19 am

Yes listening to the game . It was mostly,' Northampton this and Northampton that', but hey let's just blame Con for the fact the whole team were tommy tank eh!
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:27 am

Foresttownstag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

Listening to the game? You had to be there to understand it. Logan was poor IMO, doesn’t install any confidence in the back line, so slow off his line and never commands his area.

Who's to say Logan's not as frustrated as hell with the outfield players conceeding set peice after set peice because they can't string two or three passes together against a very poor Northampton side?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum