{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Danny Rose (not the Danny Rowe thread)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Danny Rose (not the Danny Rowe thread)

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:07 pm

Just to say that Danny Rose was immense today and I have the utmost respect for the way he put himself about today.

The first 5-10 minutes he was on he had to deal with high balls. I winced every time he had to jump. You could see there was trepidation there which was understandable.

Then he had balls to his feet which was more to his liking although a bit rusty.

Other subs played their part but the energy (although not match fit) Danny did influence our latter second half performance with chasing.

At least we have another option now with Danny.

Really hope he can get that bit further now and be a bit more confident in the weeks to come. We need him.

But not if he feels its a bridge too far.....then that is understandable.
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Re: Danny Rose (not the Danny Rowe thread)

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:17 pm

Couldn't agree more, brave, strong and determined, ran his socks off till the tank was empty. Was at Newport I was sure his season was over great effort Danny. Well done to you, and the medical team from the football family.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Jamie » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:17 pm

Brave is the right word. To come back from such a bad injury like that and get straight back to putting himself in there was great to see. He came on and went up for a header immediately from a throw.

We've missed his energy. Most players do work very hard but with some you can visibly see that extra umph. Macca being another example. It makes a huge difference to the fans and creates atmosphere.

Great to have him back, even as an option off the bench while he gets fitter again.

Your a credit to the shirt Danny.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:24 am

Well done Danny.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:36 am

Good to see him giving another option for us as we needed it yesterday.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby my name is jonas » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:39 am

Totally agreed. Never fails to give it his all under any circumstance.

Considering the facial injuries he’s had over the last few years you have to give the lad massive credit for the game he brings us.
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby oldweststander » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:23 am

Well done to Danny Rose, he only knows one way to play and started doing it immediately he came on.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Herts Stag » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:09 am

You only have to think of the terrible injury that John Thompson had and how that ended his career. Fo Danny Rose to come back as Danny Rose and not a shadow of his former self shows the mettle of the man. Well done Danny.
Herts Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:26 am

Whisper it, but is it fate that he's going to score the goal that seals our promotion?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:28 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:Whisper it, but is it fate that he's going to score the goal that seals our promotion?

bellwhiff would still hate him if he did :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby kyle b » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:48 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:Whisper it, but is it fate that he's going to score the goal that seals our promotion?

I hope so,would shut a few up on here
kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:49 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:

bellwhiff would still hate him if he did :lol:

It’s not hatred. It’s adoration. He’s just trying to come to terms with his feelings :D
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:16 am

He’s come back well and shown courage. I applaud him for that. I hope he does score the goal that takes us up. Doesn’t change anything from his behaviour at the start of the season and I’d be amazed if he was here next season
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:32 am

A good contribution yesterday, he came on and gave Taft something to think about after winning numerous headers beforehand.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby kyle b » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:10 pm

Bellwhiff what makes you think Danny not be here?
kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby adamstag » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:27 pm

He was totally raspberried by the end of the game, the fitness will come and he’s got more than a fair excuse on that one.

Did really well, though the ref was harsh on him when he came on
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:12 pm

Hater gonna hate as normal
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:11 pm

bellwhiff wrote:He’s come back well and shown courage. I applaud him for that. I hope he does score the goal that takes us up. Doesn’t change anything from his behaviour at the start of the season and I’d be amazed if he was here next season

The guy had his head turned by Evans, its plain as day.

All Evans would have said is "you'll be the focal point in a league 1 side, you could be in the championship the season after"

Yeah he could have handled it a bit better than he did but,at the end of the day, he could have been promised a pay increase, a higher standard of football. Plus Flitcroft has sold him before. It wouldn't be difficult to turn his head.

If you saw my post on the agents fees thread. Players trust their agents, perhaps Danny just got a bad piece of advice.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:17 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:He’s come back well and shown courage. I applaud him for that. I hope he does score the goal that takes us up. Doesn’t change anything from his behaviour at the start of the season and I’d be amazed if he was here next season

All Evans would have said is "you'll be the focal point in a league 1 side, you could be in the championship the season after"

Yeah he could have handled it a bit better than he did but,at the end of the day, he could have been promised a pay increase, a higher standard of football. Plus Flitcroft has sold him before. It wouldn't be difficult to turn his head.

If you saw my post on the agents fees thread. Players trust their agents, perhaps Danny just got a bad piece of advice.

absolutely. Evans is a great sweet talker, I'm sure he would've pulled out the old 'youll be the best striker in the divison' which he must say to every player in every position he signs.

He apologised and said he made a mistake, most forgave him but a few on here still didn't. Nobody's perfect
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:41 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

absolutely. Evans is a great sweet talker, I'm sure he would've pulled out the old 'youll be the best striker in the divison' which he must say to every player in every position he signs.

He apologised and said he made a mistake, most forgave him but a few on here still didn't. Nobody's perfect

Spot on Bobby, I really think he deserves a break from some folk, it's as if it's a cardinal sin to contemplate moving when some slimy git has made him feel like a king.
I find it very difficult to hold a grudge for long on anything or anyone , it saps your life force. He's a young man had his head turned and he's a Mansfield player. I think the reception he got at West Brom genuinely touched the lad and I believe he's desperate to prove himself.
As for going elsewhere, well I can't see clubs beating a path to our door for him given his scoring record, so he may well be here a while. Get behind the lad.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby pemill » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:06 pm

Bridgford Stag wrote:Just to say that Danny Rose was immense today and I have the utmost respect for the way he put himself about today.

The first 5-10 minutes he was on he had to deal with high balls. I winced every time he had to jump. You could see there was trepidation there which was understandable.

Then he had balls to his feet which was more to his liking although a bit rusty.

Other subs played their part but the energy (although not match fit) Danny did influence our latter second half performance with chasing.

At least we have another option now with Danny.

Really hope he can get that bit further now and be a bit more confident in the weeks to come. We need him.

But not if he feels its a bridge too far.....then that is understandable.

Mellis made the difference when he came on, great to see Danny back in action though
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:53 pm

Danny Rose did great when he came on yesterday but he is clearly nowhere near fully fit as he ran out of steam very quickly. Tyler Walker was also totally raspberried near the end.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby magicstag » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:41 pm

Danny rose changed the game for us yesterday
Gave taft and taylor something to think about
For the first time in the game.
magicstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby west country stag » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:13 am

I believe he still has a year left on his contract , so I assume he will be with us again next season ..... IN LEAGUE ONE !!!!
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:08 am

Danny has an important job for us in the run in
Always gives 100 % and could become a regular for us for a few seasons still.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum