{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Danny Rose (not the Danny Rowe thread)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Danny Rose (not the Danny Rowe thread)

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:36 am

The ship has sailed for Danny to get a move to a higher league as it stands.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Re: Danny Rose (not the Danny Rowe thread)

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:35 am

Mr Grimsdale wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:He’s come back well and shown courage. I applaud him for that. I hope he does score the goal that takes us up. Doesn’t change anything from his behaviour at the start of the season and I’d be amazed if he was here next season

The guy had his head turned by Evans, its plain as day.

All Evans would have said is "you'll be the focal point in a league 1 side, you could be in the championship the season after"

Yeah he could have handled it a bit better than he did but,at the end of the day, he could have been promised a pay increase, a higher standard of football. Plus Flitcroft has sold him before. It wouldn't be difficult to turn his head.
I’m not criticising him for wanting to move. I’m criticising how he went about it. There’s ways. He dumped on the club and the owners. Clearly my loyalty standards are higher than others.
If you saw my post on the agents fees thread. Players trust their agents, perhaps Danny just got a bad piece of advice.

absolutely. Evans is a great sweet talker, I'm sure he would've pulled out the old 'youll be the best striker in the divison' which he must say to every player in every position he signs.

He apologised and said he made a mistake, most forgave him but a few on here still didn't. Nobody's perfect

Spot on Bobby, I really think he deserves a break from some folk, it's as if it's a cardinal sin to contemplate moving when some slimy git has made him feel like a king.
I find it very difficult to hold a grudge for long on anything or anyone , it saps your life force. He's a young man had his head turned and he's a Mansfield player. I think the reception he got at West Brom genuinely touched the lad and I believe he's desperate to prove himself.
As for going elsewhere, well I can't see clubs beating a path to our door for him given his scoring record, so he may well be here a while. Get behind the lad.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum