{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

U's Scorefred Sponsored by Opportunity Knocks

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: U's Scorefred Sponsored by Opportunity Knocks

Postby Slackythestag » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:35 pm

Great 3 points, was a scrappy and poor performance but will take that all day long. The old stags would of crumbled and lost that game.

Very impressed with Taft for them today, he had CJ in his back pocket all game.

Every game is a cup final now, but I'm sure there is a few more twists and turns still to come.

COYS
Slackythestag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:36 pm

Rob wrote:Noticeable no-one praising DF for his tactical change. Very brave to use up the last 2 subs with 30 mins left
and it paid off almost immediately.

Absolutely. And I don’t reckon many in the stands would have predicted Rose for Jones and Mellis for Bishop. Well done gaffer.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:40 pm

God that were not good ,bit disjointed ,but 3 points hey ho onwards and upwards :coys:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:44 pm

Rob wrote:Noticeable no-one praising DF for his tactical change. Very brave to use up the last 2 subs with 30 mins left

It must be hard to type with your tongue up his crack. ;) Wouldn't you rather just celebrate win, afterall you weren't praising his subs after the Crewe debacle.

TBF he got his subs spot on today. I still thought we sat too deep last 15 minutes, but the records will show we won 1-0 & that is all that matters ultimately.

I did have a couple of anxious moments when Walker& Mellis went down, especially Mellis as it looked nasty as he went over.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:54 pm

I think with Hamilton we are still figuring the exact position in the exact games to play him. Everything being said is in hindsight and there would be hell on if the team had altered from the last game.

Wasn’t there, but I imagine Rose was up top when he came on and Hamilton to the wing? Look what happened when it switched up. We don’t have many options but the ones we do, they work
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:56 pm

Sneag wrote:

It must be hard to type with your tongue up his crack. ;) Wouldn't you rather just celebrate win, afterall you weren't praising his subs after the Crewe debacle.

TBF he got his subs spot on today. I still thought we sat too deep last 15 minutes, but the records will show we won 1-0 & that is all that matters ultimately.

I did have a couple of anxious moments when Walker& Mellis went down, especially Mellis as it looked nasty as he went over.

Yes how very dare I support our manager. I am celebrating the win, by getting in the face of those who do not support him at such a critical time of the season. There were a few morons, utter morons, who booed the team in at half time today.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:16 pm

What we have learned is that one of Melli’s or Grant has to be on the pitch in home games. Not enough creativity with Tommo, Bish and Mac.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:16 pm

Didn't think it was a poor performance today at all. Cambridge were very difficult to break down, and we knew that the stakes were high. Not a pretty match, and we had a bit of luck (but also bad luck). The performance was gritty and hard working. Cambridge have a good recent record and were never going to allow us to play how we like to; but we beat them anyway.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:18 pm

I didn't hear any boo'ing today.

The referee was abysmal, and like I said DF and Futch were going mental at how deep we were in the last 15.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:21 pm

Mellis is a class player but sadly does show it week in week out
Walker could be one to sign for the future
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:23 pm

Great result. Performance at this stage of the season are irrelevant. Up to second. Get in there. Looking forward to coming up for the Morecambe game.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:29 pm

Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Yes how very dare I support our manager. I am celebrating the win, by getting in the face of those who do not support him at such a critical time of the season. There were a few morons, utter morons, who booed the team in at half time today.

Nothing wrong with supporting DF Rob, and like you I couldn't believe a few raspberries were booing at half time. But if you are just going to be baiting DFs detractors when we win and sitting on your hands when we lose you just come across like the flip side of Norman.

Like I said last week, give credit when it's due, and brickbats when they're due. What's wrong with that?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:37 pm

Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Nothing wrong with supporting DF Rob, and like you I couldn't believe a few raspberries were booing at half time. But if you are just going to be baiting DFs detractors when we win and sitting on your hands when we lose you just come across like the flip side of Norman.

Like I said last week, give credit when it's due, and brickbats when they're due. What's wrong with that?

It's the way its done, just read the drivel from jpstags, whoever the * that is. He's probably one of those who booed today. I have been critical of DF this season, I have disagreed with his team selection at times and was critical of him last season too, but in a constructive way, not like some 5 year old school bully. You say it was a poor game today, it was, but wasn't even close to some of the drivel Evans served up for us. As for being the flip side of Norman, just start a thread about Evans or Curle :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:41 pm

I didn't hear any booing at half time.
Was mega inpressed with stags fans second half. From a flat quiet, nervous first half suddenly all 2nd half was noisy, vibrate and exciting. For once I think the stags fans can rightly claim to have inspired our 2nd half revival. With of course Mellis's precision pass and Walker's finish
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby oldweststander » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:42 pm

Moved CJ to right wing back then ignored him in favour of Benning..
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:43 pm

Conker wrote:I didn't hear any boo'ing today.

The referee was abysmal, and like I said DF and Futch were going mental at how deep we were in the last 15.

Sadly there were two or three booing on the block to the right of the director's box. One of them was screaming dog's abuse at Walker for much of the second half up to him scoring.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:45 pm

robeyre wrote:I didn't hear any booing at half time.
Was mega inpressed with stags fans second half. From a flat quiet, nervous first half suddenly all 2nd half was noisy, vibrate and exciting. For once I think the stags fans can rightly claim to have inspired our 2nd half revival. With of course Mellis's precision pass and Walker's finish

Happily I think the applause and shouts of encouragement drowned them out, but I heard booing from the lower tier and the QLE. As you say, the fans properly got behind the team 2nd half, especially after the opening 10 mins when we were under the cosh. Not sure why Cambridge are so low in the league, they have some good players.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:00 pm

The two centre backs Taft and Taylor[ex stags] were excellent.Their midfield were good as well.Good job they were poor up front.Three points is all that matters at this stage of the season.Omly five games to go.ten points should see us up.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:03 pm

Their CBs did a go job against a weak front line (Aerial / Strength wise). As soon as someone committed came on they looked a lot more vulnerable.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:08 pm

adamstag wrote:A scrappy 1-0 win will do me.

Not bothered how we win as long as we do - but of course a confidence boosting thrashing wouldn't go a miss

Again happy with my prediction.

Not bothered how it comes, as long as it does and it did.

Not a great showing by any means, Cambridge were decent and showed glimpses of why they beat bury so easily on Tuesday. It’s the 3 points that matter

Tomlinson for me today, great showing.

The substitutions worked for flitcroft today also, which was pleasing, though rose tired towards the end somewhat
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:42 pm

Big big win but more importantly how is Bish, limping up and down the side of the pitch once he was subbed?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:45 pm

Great result.
We need to have either Mellis or Grant in midfield - and when one of them is tiring, bring the other one one.
MacDonald runs around a lot, but he is nowhere near as good as Mellis or Grant. However, I'm sure DF knows best - His selections have won the last two games. That said, I think we will need a bit more in midfield in the next games(s) ...... so I hope that Mellis & Grant feature prominently.
Once again - fantastic result today - well done!
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:51 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:Big big win but more importantly how is Bish, limping up and down the side of the pitch once he was subbed?

not serious I don't think. I'm sure we'll be wheeling him out again next Saturday.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby DE STAG » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:05 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Great result. Performance at this stage of the season are irrelevant. Up to second. Get in there. Looking forward to coming up for the Morecambe game.

My thoughts exactly, I don’t understand the suggestion that we were poor/ lucky. It’s all about bagging points, whatever it takes, winning ugly, grafting, putting your body on the line... a fighting spirit. I saw that in abundance today, it was a battle against a very well drilled team who made it very difficult for us, and we won the battle. The lads gave everything today and yet that doesn’t seem to be enough for some.
DE STAG
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:13 pm

Grinding out results is a skill in its own right that only Lincoln have demonstrated this season, no one else can do it like them.

Today sounds like we dug in and got what we deserved.

Win the next 2 and see what the craic is.

Can't wait for Northampton away.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum