{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Grecian Scorefred sponsored by All out for Auto.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Grecian Scorefred sponsored by All out for Auto.

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:20 am

This weeks Fred.....0-1 Mansfield, gritty, backs to the wall performance, Walker 78.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Grecian Scorefred sponsored by All out for Auto.

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:35 am

2 nowt to the Grecians even after an overnight stop and boys feeling fresh and aware of what is required.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:46 am

You need to tell DF it's all out from now on then.
It's been very conservative lately and is costing us
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:03 pm

Sneaky 1 - 0 to us with at least 6 minutes of time added on.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:48 pm

just need to find that magic ingredient that’s been missing, it’s up to the manager to fix it & fast
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:36 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:just need to find that magic ingredient that’s been missing, it’s up to the manager to fix it & fast

Its that poor ingredient that's been added recently that's the problem, starts with JG..
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:49 pm

We will sneak this one. ECFC 0 v 1 MTFC Tyler Walker
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:14 pm

We need to find the confidence to play the ball again in tight spots and despite teams trying to stop us playing out from the back. As soon as we go long or direct we're hoping for a draw at best.

Agree with a backs to the wall one nill win. Anything less and the autos will be gone.

Bit of house keeping too... Shouldn't the fred baton be passed again given our dire form?
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:01 pm

Jamie wrote:We need to find the confidence to play the ball again in tight spots and despite teams trying to stop us playing out from the back. As soon as we go long or direct we're hoping for a draw at best.

Agree with a backs to the wall one nill win. Anything less and the autos will be gone.

Bit of house keeping too... Shouldn't the fred baton be passed again given our dire form?

Well you might not have noticed Jamie but I was 'not guilty' of the Fred last week, I did the Creepy one. However before I get trampled on by someone for not (alongside a couple of others) focussing on formations and selections, I hereby nominate you to carry the banner and hopefully inspire us to success. You are quite right it needs freshening up and having suffered defeat at Vale and last week it's time for me to hang up my Fred.
I did today's at the request of Tater and The One so blame them if Saturday's 'stars are not quite in the correct juxtaposition :lol:

I wish you success.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Billy the fish » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:38 pm

I’m going for an hard thought backs against the wall 0-0 ....
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby jeevesthestag » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:51 pm

I'd be happy with a 0-0. With 5 winnable games following the Exeter game, we've still got a chance. If automatic isn't meant to be, we've got to go into the playoffs with a bit of momentum.
jeevesthestag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby The One » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:06 pm

Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Jamie wrote:We need to find the confidence to play the ball again in tight spots and despite teams trying to stop us playing out from the back. As soon as we go long or direct we're hoping for a draw at best.

Well you might not have noticed Jamie but I was 'not guilty' of the Fred last week, I did the Creepy one. However before I get trampled on by someone for not (alongside a couple of others) focussing on formations and selections, I hereby nominate you to carry the banner and hopefully inspire us to success. You are quite right it needs freshening up and having suffered defeat at Vale and last week it's time for me to hang up my Fred.
I did today's at the request of Tater and The One so blame them if Saturday's 'stars are not quite in the correct juxtaposition :lol:

I wish you success.

You carry on Grimmers
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:50 am

It's gonna be tough. Can the players handle it? Need to win, a draw's no good. They have a resilience as shown by defending and then beating Clownty with 10 men on Sat. Can't in all honesty see where a goal's coming from atm, so a draw at best, but ultimately too little.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:32 am

Smith
Cj
Benning
Preston
Pearce
Sweeney
Tomlinson
Bishop
Mellis
Khan
Walker

5-2-2-1 formation

1-2 to the Stags and its game on again!
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:12 am

Hopefully playing with 10 men for 70 minutes will have tired a few of them out.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:23 am

A win here would be massive. It would give us the some confidence going into a ''easier'' run in.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:39 pm

2-0 to the Devon side, after a comfy over-nighter. As its a long way back, and to save time, Flitcroft will take a tape of his post match analysis against Crewe and just play that again.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:59 pm

Going for a convincing win. I have full confidence in DF and the team to turn this form around.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:40 pm

Chander Lear wrote:Going for a convincing win. I have full confidence in DF and the team to turn this form around.

:shock: You do? What makes you so sure after last seasons debacle?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:57 pm

Dan wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:Going for a convincing win. I have full confidence in DF and the team to turn this form around.

I'm trying to erase that from memory. Negativity breeds negativity and in some instances recently, rightfully so but....

if we as fans have a positive vibe where possible, hopefully, that vibe can pass to the players. We need to help remove weight from their shoulders as much as we can as supporters. We need to come together to get this season over the line
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Paulstag » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:00 pm

It won't help that the manager and captain are in court all day the day before we travel down to Exeter.
Paulstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amberheart » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:32 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
Dan wrote:

I'm trying to erase that from memory. Negativity breeds negativity and in some instances recently, rightfully so but....

if we as fans have a positive vibe where possible, hopefully, that vibe can pass to the players. We need to help remove weight from their shoulders as much as we can as supporters. We need to come together to get this season over the line

Well said
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:23 pm

Mr Grimsdale wrote:

I wish you success.

Sorry, i'll have to reject that kind nomination. I can't handle that sort of pressure or responsibility. I didn't realise you weren't responsible for last weeks. Lets hope this one does the trick! If not, then a full enquiry might be needed.

COYS
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:37 pm

I'm ready for disappointment.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:18 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:I'm ready for disappointment.

I’m also feeling uneasy on this one, would take 0-0 now but we know if we turn up we can get a result.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum